Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We haven't stayed at POR since.... 2015, I think, and I had NO idea it was a pet-friendly resort now. We're booked in a 5th sleeper woods view room but we need to be as far away from dogs as possible due to my terrible allergies. I was going to request that in MDE but the only options I see for room requests are in the check-in process and are limited to "near bus stop" and "pet friendly". What's the best way to insure I'm not miserable our entire stay? 😣
We were just there and I don't think you will have a problem as there were some dogs being walked but just like in your neighborhood just avoid them. People seemed to go out to the parking lot area, by the smoker's area and walk their dogs. It was nice knowing that people who are really attached to their dogs can bring them with and we saw mostly small dogs so that is another thing. Maybe Disney had a size restriction. Not sure. I also have to say that there weren't many dogs either.

The resort is still only running at around half capacity I believe - or was a week or so ago anyway. They did have most of the 30s buildings and mansion building 80 out of operation initially, and it would make sense to continue to do that if they still aren't using all their capacity.

Yes, both POR and POFQ guests can use all of the pools.

Any guest booking at POR might include bringing a dog, so every section has some availability to support that, but primarily they try to use Alligator Bayou building 28 where possible.

Andre

I just called and asked whether the Royal Rooms are dog friendly. I was told the only dog-friendly categories are standard view or woods view, though that doesn't seem to be clearly stated anywhere on the website.

We are going in September and staying in a Woods view 5th sleeper. Any ideas on best locations that I can possibly request? I know it is not a guarantee.

We stayed in building 28 two weeks ago, in the back, in 2812 and we loved the privacy and the view. It is in a corner and you can look out and see some lawn and lots of foliage. Go to TouringPlans.com for a look at the view from each room in every resort at Disney. You may have to join to see them. Be aware that there are no elevators in Alligator Bayou so if you have stair 'issues' tell them right away when you check in.

We are going in September and staying in a Woods view 5th sleeper. Any ideas on best locations that I can possibly request? I know it is not a guarantee.
We love building 38. It is close to Ol' Man Island bridge, basically a river view building at a woods view price, and close to food court and north bus stop. This building is in a great location and you won't get lost trying to find it. :)

We love building 38. It is close to Ol' Man Island bridge, basically a river view building at a woods view price, and close to food court and north bus stop. This building is in a great location and you won't get lost trying to find it. :)
I have to laugh because on our first night, after having dinner at Boatwright's we got lost on our way back to our room. That is one thing I love about POR tho, it is so big and so wild looking that it takes you right out of your daily existence and straight into pure Disney magic. One thing though... I wanted to go out into the pathways and do some sketching and a small watercolor or two and there are no benches to sit on at all, other than the main lobby area. I think that resort, especially, could use a bench or two along the pathways.

I just called and asked whether the Royal Rooms are dog friendly. I was told the only dog-friendly categories are standard view or woods view, though that doesn't seem to be clearly stated anywhere on the website.
sorry can't figure out how to remove ...but since it posted I will add we had our dog with us at the last minute in December. We had a Riverview room and they allowed us to have the dog. We walked him on all the regular paths of the resort and had the doggie baggies to clean up after him.. You can't take dogs in the lobby and food court and the rule is they cannot get on furniture in your room. If they bark you will get a call to come back and take care of the problem. Having people walking by the windows does bring out the protective mode and even our dog would bark and even growl to alert us while we were in the room with him.

Last edited:

I have to laugh because on our first night, after having dinner at Boatwright's we got lost on our way back to our room.
We had building 25 on our first trip and got lost all the time. ::yes::

We just got back today from a four night stay at POR. We had a great time and amazingly good luck with buses, all except the MK bus in the morning. We never stayed late in the parks, though. We usually stay in the deluxe resorts, mostly Yacht and Beach Club, but have been to POR five times now, and like it a lot. :)

It has been 7 years since staying at POR (or being at WDW for that matter). We have rooms selected with the murphy bed, woods view, is that basically a guarantee of the Bayou section? That is what I'm hoping for and I think at least back then, only the Bayou rooms had the potential for sleeping 5 with the Murphy bed.

It has been 7 years since staying at POR (or being at WDW for that matter). We have rooms selected with the murphy bed, woods view, is that basically a guarantee of the Bayou section? That is what I'm hoping for and I think at least back then, only the Bayou rooms had the potential for sleeping 5 with the Murphy bed.
You are right. Only the Bayou rooms have the Murphy bed.

You are right. Only the Bayou rooms have the Murphy bed.
We were there two weeks ago and didn't need the bed but when it is up there is nice bench to sit on and put your suitcase on. I liked having it there more than a dresser. We got a luggage rack from bell services for that as you have to call. They are not in the rooms.

This may be a strange question, but does anyone know if there are any kinds of protein shakes for sale in the food court or in the general store/gift shop?

Hey guys! I have POR June Recreation Calendar if anyone is interested HERE Enjoy your upcoming trips!!

We arrive on Saturday, June 11th and leave the following Saturday, June 18th. How many days will we have housekeeping? I want to get my mousekeeping envelopes ready!

Is there anywhere at the hotel that sells iced coffee? If nowhere at Riverside, is there anywhere at POFQ that sells it? tried checking the menus but not sure that it's always listed. For example, I know Landscape of Flavors at AoA sells it, but I don't recall seeing it on their online menu, so wondering if it is sold but just doesn't appear online.

Is there anywhere at the hotel that sells iced coffee? If nowhere at Riverside, is there anywhere at POFQ that sells it? tried checking the menus but not sure that it's always listed. For example, I know Landscape of Flavors at AoA sells it, but I don't recall seeing it on their online menu, so wondering if it is sold but just doesn't appear online.
Just in case either resort doesn’t sell iced coffee, make your own. With the ease of refillable mugs, making your own iced coffee is simple and pretty cost effective. Some resorts have flavor syrups for coffee, though I don’t remember if POFQ or POR do.

We arrive on Saturday, June 11th and leave the following Saturday, June 18th. How many days will we have housekeeping? I want to get my mousekeeping envelopes ready!
Housekeeping should be every other day. So they should come on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

The idea of the movies in (or from?) the pool sounds so nice, has anyone ever really ever done that in November? It's so hard to imagine swimming weather in November coming from where I am...but I guess it's possible. I know the pools are heated...but is it a comfortable air to swim in?

We arrive at Port Orleans Riverside on Saturday!! What type of shampoo/conditioner/soap is provided? I can't remember if it was small bottles or pumps in the shower three years ago when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter