Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just saw the Yeehaw Bob is on vacation during our stay next week. I'm so sad about this. Any other entertainment here or French Quarter worth checking out?

Just saw the Yeehaw Bob is on vacation during our stay next week. I'm so sad about this. Any other entertainment here or French Quarter worth checking out?

Yes, Jason and Billy over at French Quarter are good fun, and there will be some sort of replacement at Riverside on Bob's usual nights too (although Bob is a tough act to stand in for!).

Andre

Hey all! My family is so excited to be going to DW soon! My DH and I haven’t been since we were children and this will be the first time for DS (3) and DD (18 months).

We have a preferred room booked for Feb 3-12. I’m sorry if this has been asked recently but does anyone know which section of buildings will be closed for refurbishment at that time? I see the 30s have been completed but which ones are they working on now? I assume that if we were able to book a preferred room it should still be available...?

Hey all! My family is so excited to be going to DW soon! My DH and I haven’t been since we were children and this will be the first time for DS (3) and DD (18 months).

We have a preferred room booked for Feb 3-12. I’m sorry if this has been asked recently but does anyone know which section of buildings will be closed for refurbishment at that time? I see the 30s have been completed but which ones are they working on now? I assume that if we were able to book a preferred room it should still be available...?

I'm curious about this too Andre.... I've been checking your update page and it looks like nothing has happened for the 20s/teens rooms in the Bayou even though it was scheduled for fall 2018? I'm thinking ahead to when they'll get to the Magnolia Bend rooms as I'm booked for end of April for those myself ;)

Just booked POR for September 1-6 after I saw the Free Dining news. I know this will be my last chance for a somewhat calm trip before the insanity known as Galaxy’s Edge hits so I am excited! I have been wanting to stay at POR for years and now DD11 and I finally get to :)

Hello! I just changed our reservation from POP to POR with a pool view (only non-Royal category of room available). We have not stayed at POR before. Can anyone give me some guidance on what building/area is best to request for this type of room? We're a family of 4 with a teen and a pre-teen.

So all the AB rooms are now for families of 5. I booked standard with the intention of getting an AB room, as I like the rustic feel. I hope they honor my request. Anybody with a family of four booked standard recently and not had a problem getting an AB room?

We just got back from POR. We requested AB, have four people, but got put in the mansions. I still like the theming of the bayou better, but it turned out okay. We did walk over to the West Depot a couple times though, just to make sure we got a seat on the bus. But we were there during Xmas week and sometimes the bus was already pretty full by the time it got to the North Depot. We were put in Acadian House. Close enough to the North Depot, close to a quiet pool and laundry, quick walk to the main pool and food court. It was a good room.

We are booked at POR! We actually booked a bounceback for December 2019, but today we booked as part of a larger family trip in October 2019, so we'll be cancelling the December trip. We stayed at CBR in September and really liked it, especially the pool. I wish there was a better splash pad area for our toddler, but am glad we can use the area at POFQ if needed. We're traveling with 10 people in 2 rooms, so we'll be using those Murphy Beds for sure! I'm going to try to read as much of the forum as I can.

Just booked a quick trip over a conference my husband has in the area! We booked a royal room, which my daughter is so excited for. Can anyone clarify if the soap dispensers are in the royal rooms too? Thanks all!

Booked a bounce back while at DAKL in December, i wanted pofq, but they only had rooms at por for a 2 week time span that i had her check. She only had 5th sleeper garden view rooms available. We are only two people. I REALLY want to try the magnolia bend rooms, and i read that two of them are NOT royal rooms. Any chance of me getting one there if i request it?

Just booked a quick trip over a conference my husband has in the area! We booked a royal room, which my daughter is so excited for. Can anyone clarify if the soap dispensers are in the royal rooms too? Thanks all!

We are in a Royal Room now and have the wall soap dispensers.

So I’m trying to picture the morning in my head.

To get to MK from POR we will walk to a bus stop, stop a few times within POR and possibly POFQ, drive to MK, go through security, then take another mode of transportation to the entrance of MK(still unclear on this part), go through the gate, then walk through Main Street. Do I have this correct? About how long does it take to get from a POR bus stop to Main Street?

So I’m trying to picture the morning in my head.

To get to MK from POR we will walk to a bus stop, stop a few times within POR and possibly POFQ, drive to MK, go through security, then take another mode of transportation to the entrance of MK(still unclear on this part), go through the gate, then walk through Main Street. Do I have this correct? About how long does it take to get from a POR bus stop to Main Street?
You walk to a bus stop that will go directly to MK from the south depot. Depending on where your room is you might stop at a few stops before reaching the south depot. The bus won’t stop at French Quarter before going to a park.

The bus will go to the MK bus depot which is a short walk to bag check. Once through there you will go to the gate where you will use your Magic Band or ticket to get in. The bus is the only form of transportation that you will use to enter a park.

It is approximately twenty minutes from the time the bus leaves POR until you are on Main Street on average I think.

Last edited:
You walk to a bus stop that woll go directly to MK from the south depot. Depending on where your room is you might stop at a few stops before reaching the south depot. The bus won’t stop at French Quarter before going to a park.

The bus will go to the MK bus depot which is a short walk to bag check. Once through there you will go to the gate where you will use your Magic Band or ticket to get in. The bus is the only form of transportation that you will use to enter a park.

It is approximately twenty minutes from the time the bus leaves POR until you are on Main Street on average I think.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. For some reason I thought there was an extra step after security. This seems like a much shorter process than I was thinking. Thanks!

@DisneyRunner2009 I drink the VitaWaterZero myself, should be aware that Disney really nails you on the price, checking the price at the Boardwalk Bakery menu shows the VitaminWater is now going for $4.49 per bottle! That was one of the reasons I used AmazonPrime Now to have a case of water and VitaWater delivered to us. I understand markup, but when I can buy a bottle for .89¢ it makes my blood boil that Disney is marking it up well over $3.60 a bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter