Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Years ago, Boatwright's offered a tasty and reasonably priced breakfast. Unfortunately they switched to dinner-only at some point.
We had breakfast there on 1 of our early trips to POFQ . On our first trip in 1998 we had breakfast at the former POFQ TS Bonfamille's ( along with dinner another night). We enjoyed both.

Well - our trip was cut short. My son woke up sick this morning (NOT covid-related). POR staff was so wonderful in helping us get checkout out early and tried to help cancel Boo Bash/Dessert Party/park tickets since we were headed home - BUT the system was down. So I tried to call on the way home - 3 hours of wait time, Disney was gracious and refunded boo bash/park tickets - the dining system was STILL down (the poor CM said it had been down all day) by the time I got through so I will try again tomorrow for the dessert party refund.

Such a sad way to end what started as a great trip. The weather for Boo Bash would have been perfect tonight.

I am happy to say, the last time my son was sick was 5 p.m., so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

I am happy to say, the last time my son was sick was 5 p.m., so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

Hope he's feeling better soon, it's no fun being ill so far from home. Glad the CMs were so helpful to you - even if Disney's IT wasn't cooperating.

Andre

Well - our trip was cut short. My son woke up sick this morning (NOT covid-related). POR staff was so wonderful in helping us get checkout out early and tried to help cancel Boo Bash/Dessert Party/park tickets since we were headed home - BUT the system was down. So I tried to call on the way home - 3 hours of wait time, Disney was gracious and refunded boo bash/park tickets - the dining system was STILL down (the poor CM said it had been down all day) by the time I got through so I will try again tomorrow for the dessert party refund.

Such a sad way to end what started as a great trip. The weather for Boo Bash would have been perfect tonight.

Sorry to hear that!! Nobody wants to be sick on vacation. Hope your son is feeling better soon!

Is the food court back to the normal full service options and offerings or is it the grab/go stuff like they’re still doing at CSR?

Will POR store your luggage for you if you arrive early? I have a split stay for my marathon week trip. I am coming in early at staying at Holiday Inn Disney Springs for the first couple of days. I am checking out on that Friday after the 10k, heading to the airport to pick up my family, and then checking in to POR with the family. It would be ideal if I could head over to POR before the airport and drop my luggage there until we get back from the airport/room is ready.

I haven’t stayed at POR since the most recent refurb pre-pandemic. Now that fifth-sleepers are specially bookable, I’m not clear whether all preferred rooms have a fifth-sleeper. Since they’re all in AB, I would assume so. But I hate to assume and miss out. Anyone know for sure?

Will POR store your luggage for you if you arrive early?

Yes, Bell Services will hold your luggage for you until your room is ready (or until your departure if you have a late flight out).

Now that fifth-sleepers are specially bookable, I’m not clear whether all preferred rooms have a fifth-sleeper.

Yes, all Preferred Location rooms are in Alligator Bayou, and thus they all have the fifth-sleeper bed. Well, apart from a handful of specially adapted wheelchair accessible rooms, but those are not generally allocated to guests without special needs.

Andre

Yes, Bell Services will hold your luggage for you until your room is ready (or until your departure if you have a late flight out).

Yes, all Preferred Location rooms are in Alligator Bayou, and thus they all have the fifth-sleeper bed. Well, apart from a handful of specially adapted wheelchair accessible rooms, but those are not generally allocated to guests without special needs.

Andre
Thank you, Andre. I knew you would have the info. I was second-guessing myself.

Opening day was booked to about 20% capacity (around 400 rooms) and they will be ramping that up gradually to 90%. There's no way they could have checked in 2,000+ rooms in one day, would have been chaos!
Some folks heading down for Wine & Dine said Disney moved them to Boardwalk or Yacht Club for that weekend. I wonder if they got overbooked for that weekend? We're at POR (wanted FQ but was too slow) but I wouldn't be mad if they moved us to YC, haha!

Some folks heading down for Wine & Dine said Disney moved them to Boardwalk or Yacht Club for that weekend. I wonder if they got overbooked for that weekend? We're at POR (wanted FQ but was too slow) but I wouldn't be mad if they moved us to YC, haha!

Agree on that one. I wouldn't complain about moving to Boardwalk or YC. :)

Every other day towels replenished ...if your lucky they might empty trash can and remove soiled towels....room will not be cleaned nor beds made until you check out...

Thanks -- we usually stay DVC so this will change it up from the four-day trash and towel service!

Will POR store your luggage for you if you arrive early? I have a split stay for my marathon week trip. I am coming in early at staying at Holiday Inn Disney Springs for the first couple of days. I am checking out on that Friday after the 10k, heading to the airport to pick up my family, and then checking in to POR with the family. It would be ideal if I could head over to POR before the airport and drop my luggage there until we get back from the airport/room is ready.
Yes we have done so in the past

Hi! I know this is going to be a very specific question, but due to allergies and limited diet, does anyone know if they are only have blueberry yogurt available? Allergic to blueberries! TIA

I'm there for W&D, but no l uck with an upgrade here. Don't get me long, I love Riverside so it's all good, but still...I'd take a free upgrade. (And I heard one person got Poly too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter