Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I was just hearing that if you got an old room, they arent I need the greatest condition.

Well all I can say is mine was perfect, but obviously I didn't look in all of them... :) If you are unhappy when you first see your room, ask to be moved.

Andre

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Garden View room with a 5th sleeper. We do not need the 5th sleeper, but I am concerned a bit about there being lack of storage in a 5th sleeper room.

Another apprehension I’m having is where the room will be located. I’d like to be close to the main pool and facilities.

Would anyone be able to tell me what the storage situation is like in a 5th sleeper room? How about where the best Garden View locations are?

ETA: I saw that this category of room is in Alligator Bayou. Would I be able to book this category and then request a regular room with no fifth sleeper?

Last edited:
Just some quick opinions needed:

My Family is going to stay at POR in Feb and I want to request a room via touring plans but wanted to know what is the best overall location? We would need a ground floor room due to having my mother in law on an ECV and so a hybrid of transportation access as well as proximity to food / pool would be great.

Appreciate all the input....

Just some quick opinions needed:

My Family is going to stay at POR in Feb and I want to request a room via touring plans but wanted to know what is the best overall location? We would need a ground floor room due to having my mother in law on an ECV and so a hybrid of transportation access as well as proximity to food / pool would be great.

Appreciate all the input....
What room category did you book? Royal Room, Standard, Preferred, Garden, Pool or River? Here is some insight on room locations based on the category you booked.
https://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php
I use a scooter when I travel to Disney. I always call Disney Reservations to request a Ground Floor due to my disabilities, tell them you are using an ECV scooter...POR does NOT have elevators in the Magnolia Bend rooms. They only have elevators in the Mansion Rooms. Send the fax through TP & call Disney with your request. Remember they are just requests and cannot be guaranteed. I try to get to the resort early and ask what room they have me assigned to...If it doesn't work for me, I kindly ask to be relocated.

I generally book a preferred room bc it is in close proximity to the restaurants, transportation and main building. These rooms are available in buildings 14, 15, 18, 27. I'll call and say I need a ground floor due to disabilities and would like building 14 & 15. But you can look at portorleans.org room locations by category and see what's the best options for your vacation.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me...

Last edited:

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Garden View room with a 5th sleeper. We do not need the 5th sleeper, but I am concerned a bit about there being lack of storage in a 5th sleeper room.

Another apprehension I’m having is where the room will be located. I’d like to be close to the main pool and facilities.

All of the 5th Sleeper rooms are in Alligator Bayou. There are three drawers underneath the fold-down bed, plus some small shelves and hanging space in the vanity area. There is probably slightly more storage in the mansion building rooms though, but it's marginal.

If you want to be near to the facilities, main bus stop, etc then you'd be better booking a Preferred Location room, which guarantees you a 5th Sleeper style room in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27 (shown in blue below).

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean-ABonly.gif

Andre

What room category did you book? Royal Room, Standard, Preferred, Garden, Pool or River? Here is some insight on room locations based on the category you booked.
https://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php
I use a scooter when I travel to Disney. I always call Disney Reservations to request a Ground Floor due to my disabilities, tell them you are using an ECV scooter...POR does NOT have elevators in the Magnolia Bend rooms. They only have elevators in the Mansion Rooms. Send the fax through TP & call Disney with your request. Remember they are just requests and cannot be guaranteed. I try to get to the resort early and ask what room they have me assigned to...If it doesn't work for me, I kindly ask to be relocated.

I generally book a preferred room bc it is in close proximity to the restaurants, transportation and main building. These rooms are available in buildings 14, 15, 18, 27. I'll call and say I need a ground floor due to disabilities and would like building 14 & 15. But you can look at portorleans.org room locations by category and see what's the best options for your vacation.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me...

Awesome feedback, thanks for taking the time to do so. We booked a pool view I think as it was the cheapest at the time, as stated we are hoping to change things up with some discounts in the next few weeks but I want to make sure we are happy with what we have just in case. We have touring plans so we can do that and I spent some time checking out the various rooms and views so will hone in on the ones suggested above with regards to ECV convenience.

With respect to the bus stops, is there any strategic one that is better than others? i.e. is one bus stop serviced before arriving at the others? As we will have an ECV being later on the stop list would create some potential log jams for ECV boarding capacity etc...

Thanks again for the info!

Awesome feedback, thanks for taking the time to do so. We booked a pool view I think as it was the cheapest at the time, as stated we are hoping to change things up with some discounts in the next few weeks but I want to make sure we are happy with what we have just in case. We have touring plans so we can do that and I spent some time checking out the various rooms and views so will hone in on the ones suggested above with regards to ECV convenience.

With respect to the bus stops, is there any strategic one that is better than others? i.e. is one bus stop serviced before arriving at the others? As we will have an ECV being later on the stop list would create some potential log jams for ECV boarding capacity etc...

I originally had a pool view room booked too. I was going to request buildings 16, 17 or 18 so I was fairly close to the main building and in a renovated room. But luck hit and a preferred room popped up.
🤔 Hmmmm. I always rent a van so I cannot tell you which would be the best depot to catch the bus. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.
You can go back to the website and read about Port Orleans Riverside Bus Stops here:

https://www.portorleans.org/buses.php
@andrewilley thank you for this informative & useful website

All of the 5th Sleeper rooms are in Alligator Bayou. There are three drawers underneath the fold-down bed, plus some small shelves and hanging space in the vanity area. There is probably slightly more storage in the mansion building rooms though, but it's marginal.

If you want to be near to the facilities, main bus stop, etc then you'd be better booking a Preferred Location room, which guarantees you a 5th Sleeper style room in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27 (shown in blue below).

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean-ABonly.gif

Andre
Thank you so much for this!
We actually don’t need a 5th sleeper but that is the only room the AP discount could get. It was a pretty good deal so I grabbed it.
Since we are going to definitely be in Alligator Bayou, is there a building/room request that you’d recommend? Again, being near the pools and main building are the priority. Being close to a bus stop would be nice too.
Thanks again!

Thank you so much for this!
We actually don’t need a 5th sleeper but that is the only room the AP discount could get. It was a pretty good deal so I grabbed it.
Since we are going to definitely be in Alligator Bayou, is there a building/room request that you’d recommend? Again, being near the pools and main building are the priority. Being close to a bus stop would be nice too.
Thanks again!

In AB, I'd suggest 16 or 17 for accessing the main building and the south bus stop, or possibly 38 for the main pool (but it's a bit further from the buildings). You could say in your fax that you don't need the 5th sleeper bed, then they could maybe assign you to somewhere generally Garden View in Magnolia Terrace (85) instead, which can be quite nicely located too. Just ask for as close to main building and main pool as possible though, as that's what you are after rather than wanting one specific building.

Andre

Aren't the Magnolia Bend rooms the Mansion rooms? Alligator Bayou is the area without elevators right?
Yes. There are 4 three-story mansion buildings in Magnolia Bend which includes elevators.
Alligator Bayou area does NOT have elevators. There are 16 two-story buildings with stairs only.

Yes. There are 4 three-story mansion buildings in Magnolia Bend which includes elevators.
Alligator Bayou area does NOT have elevators. There are 16 two-story buildings with stairs only.
Ok, thanks. That explains why I keep reading about people requesting a second floor room. I wondered why they only wanted the second floor but now it makes sense.

Ok, thanks. That explains why I keep reading about people requesting a second floor room. I wondered why they only wanted the second floor but now it makes sense.
No problem. I prefer 1st floor. I can’t bring myself to walk up stairs after a day in the parks lol.

Has anyone tried to fax a room request to POR recently? I have been trying yesterday and today using the fax # at the beginning of this thread and keep getting no answer. I even double checked the # with Andre's site. I wonder if the fax# has changed. :confused3
Update: I called and the fax # is correct. The CM said it could take a while to connect but 2 days??? and it doesn't redial, just hangs up. Oh well, guess I'll take my chances and hope for Disney magic! :tink:

Last edited:

We've stayed at POR multiple times and have found that when we stay in AB, even if we are closer to the lobby, it's better for us to hit the west depot since that is the first bus stop. If we are at the lobby, then we will hop on from the main/south bus stop there but since that one and the north depot are the last stops, it's a gamble on how the full the bus will be.
Just be sure to do quick glance in the MDE app to see bus arrival times so you don't stand out there too long. Also, if you will have an ECV with you, your party will board first on the bus, so that's a plus.

Has anyone tried to fax a room request to POR recently? I have been trying yesterday and today using the fax # at the beginning of this thread and keep getting no answer. I even double checked the # with Andre's site. I wonder if the fax# has changed. :confused3
Update: I called and the fax # is correct. The CM said it could take a while to connect but 2 days??? and it doesn't redial, just hangs up. Oh well, guess I'll take my chances and hope for Disney magic! :tink:

Have not done the fax room request in a long long time. The last room request I did was via touring plans but I think that's part of the paid subscription. 2 days, that's crazy!! I'd just make sure you add any special requests in your MDE.

Hi all! We are coming in a night early and staying off site. I was thinking of renting a car for that night to drive us from airport to off site hotel, then from off site hotel to POR. However, I’m not really sure if there is a close rental car return anywhere near POR.
We’d like to ditch the car after arrival as we will rely on Disney bus transportation. Does anyone know of the closest car rental return to POR?
Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!