Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Weird question- Is their real cream for purchase at the resort? I love having coffee in my room but can’t stand the fake creamer you get.

There is half and half available at the drink station. You can bring a little container or use the coffee cup provided in the room to take some.

No, all the Make-Your-Own options were gradually removed about a month or two ago. Now that the changes have settled down, I've got to do an update on the menus on my site, which should be up sometime tomorrow.

Andre

I wish they would stop removing things from the menu. I understand they are trying to make things quicker to ease the long lines. I just wish there was a different way.

I wish they would stop removing things from the menu.

Me too. Removing something to add something else is not adding, it's just replacing. Especially when it's a really popular item like the Create-Your-Own Pasta.

Same with theme park rides, they are not 'adding' a new Guardians of the Galaxy ride, they had to remove Universe of Energy first (don't get me started on that!). Sometimes they do actually add things though, such as the Tron coaster in MK and the new Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion.

Andre

Me too. Removing something to add something else is not adding, it's just replacing. Especially when it's a really popular item like the Create-Your-Own Pasta.

Same with theme park rides, they are not 'adding' a new Guardians of the Galaxy ride, they had to remove Universe of Energy first (don't get me started on that!). Sometimes they do actually add things though, such as the Tron coaster in MK and the new Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion.

Andre

Such a bummer. As a runner who usually participates in at least two runDisney races per event weekend, I greatly appreciated the ability to carb load at the Create-Your-Own-Pasta station. :(

We are finally coming back to Riverside in October. Just wondering if Riverside Mill still has the Create Your Own Pasta?

I wish they would stop removing things from the menu. I understand they are trying to make things quicker to ease the long lines. I just wish there was a different way.
When we went end of May the lines did not move any quicker, because they had fewer employees manning the stations. This seems more like a cost-cutting measure. One morning I wanted to get the Chicken & Biscuit, but the queue was so long at the grill station with only ONE person working the line. I felt sorry for the poor woman. She was working as quickly as she could, but having to assemble breakfast sandwiches, plate and serve by herself was ridiculous. I wound up going to the omelette station to save time. That went very quickly, since they only had to plop rubbery pre-made omelettes on plates. Waffle station was also slow, with only one employee serving. If the concern is moving lines along, they should have an assembly line set up with at least 2 employees, each adding components and moving people down. Instead, it's just a clog up. Eliminating create your own entrees at dinner to save time makes no sense. People generally aren't in a big rush at those times and would prefer quality and choice over a few extra minutes of waiting. Hopefully Disney pays attention to the negative feedback and improves the situation soon.

I went to POR this past July 4th (stayed 3rd-8th). We were able to get a cast member discount (I'm not the cast member) at such a deep discount, that we would have been foolish NOT to have gone. Fireworks were great, by the way.

You know, I really love this resort, but honestly, there were so many little things that were just not taken care of at this resort, that it adds up to be a big deal after a while.

I have the advantage of seeing Riverside from the very beginning (when it opened as Dixie Landings) to now, so maybe I notice things more, I don't know.

Little things, like...1) trash in the lobby where people wait to check-in (the line area), that stays there for hours, 2) a filthy bathroom off of the check-in area...those auto-flush toilets just don't work all the time..., 3) a cigarette trash area that had the same cigarette butt on the ground the entire day, meaning, no one bothered to even empty the can, 4) the tables in the eating area not being cleaned up quickly...when a resort is packed, there needs to be at least 2 cast members on each side whose sole job is to clean the tables and straighten the chairs back under the table...this is not rocket science, 5) the drink machines notoriously not working properly on the refillable mugs...place a cast member there, too, to clean up the water spills, etc, and help guests...a cast member was there one day, but it was hit or miss most of the time, 6) some of the food areas running out of food, and the food not being replaced with fresh, 7) just an overall lack of good food options now.

You get the picture.

Mousekeeping was good, which we were happy about. And our beds in the room were very comfortable, which is very important. Our a/c worked beautifully, and we had good hot water. We encountered some very nice cast members along the way, too.

A complete re-do of the food court area might not be a bad idea...traffic flow is horrendous in this area. Along with a need to revamp the menus/offerings. Not enough choice.

Yes, I will be back, but I am disappointed with a lot of this resort. Doesn't take much to address these issues, and it would be nice if a manager was around from time to time, too. Seems like the cast members were all on their own. I own a business, so I understand payroll and costs associated with hiring more cast members. Honestly, I've always expected more out of Disney, and I just might have to lower my standards from now on where Disney is concerned.

Again, I will be back...I enjoy WDW...I have my health...these are problems that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of life.

Woah does anyone else find the refurbished rooms wholly unattractive? Yikes. We have 7 nights booked over NYE and I’m seriously considering a change.
I find the new rooms very unattractive. The window curtains do not match and that blue trim is just terrible. The framing around the mirrors is cheap trim I’ve seen at Home Depot. Someone really screwed up here.

Andre

Agreed. I already have a lot of dietary restrictions, so fewer choices just makes that harder.

When we went end of May the lines did not move any quicker, because they had fewer employees manning the stations. This seems more like a cost-cutting measure. One morning I wanted to get the Chicken & Biscuit, but the queue was so long at the grill station with only ONE person working the line. I felt sorry for the poor woman. She was working as quickly as she could, but having to assemble breakfast sandwiches, plate and serve by herself was ridiculous. I wound up going to the omelette station to save time. That went very quickly, since they only had to plop rubbery pre-made omelettes on plates. Waffle station was also slow, with only one employee serving. If the concern is moving lines along, they should have an assembly line set up with at least 2 employees, each adding components and moving people down. Instead, it's just a clog up. Eliminating create your own entrees at dinner to save time makes no sense. People generally aren't in a big rush at those times and would prefer quality and choice over a few extra minutes of waiting. Hopefully Disney pays attention to the negative feedback and improves the situation soon.

Great. I love this place. I really don't want to see it go downhill.

Are there any 5th sleepers in Magnolia Bend or are they all in Alligator Bayou? I was hoping to be in MB this time but we have a 5th sleeper even though we don't need it, it was what was available when we booked with free dining.

If this is the case, can someone recommend your favorite AB building that isn't preferred? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if there is still trivia on Tuesday nights at the lounge? We did it last trip and had a blast and would like to do it again when we are back in August.

No, all the Make-Your-Own options were gradually removed about a month or two ago. Now that the changes have settled down, I've got to do an update on the menus on my site, which should be up sometime tomorrow.

Andre
I hadn't had a make your own salad in a few years, and I will admit that when I did have one a few times it was very good. However, back when I tried them a few years ago I would only do it if there was either no line or 1 person in line. If there was a line It would take FOREVER! And if someone was ordering more than one salad :scared1: . So when we went over New Years last year I have to admit I wasn't surprised to see them gone. I'm not saying I thought it was a good change, but I'm just saying I wouldn't have been able to eat them anyway unless i wanted to eat after everyone else was done because of the line. Also, with 4 kids and allergies, we didn't have time or enough adults to wait at multiple stations, so in the end it didn't make a difference to us. However, in contrast, I never felt that the make your own pasta took much if any longer than just having set pasta choices, so I don't see why they got rid of that. Make your own is pretty much always a better option than just having 1 or 2 set options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter