Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I tried searching and didn't see the answer... do all four of the bus stops have the boards that show the bus wait times now?

Hi, All! We will be making our 5th trip to Disney this July. In our previous trips, we've always gone at the end of May/beginning of June. We have stayed at POFQ twice, AKL once and WL once. We are super excited to stay at POR in July. We were originally reserved at Pop - I hear great things about that place and with the newly refurbished rooms we were willing to give it a shot. However, going in July, we read and heard multiple stories about the large tour groups that tend to stay at the values (including Pop) during July. So we switched to POR. Anyone ever experienced any of these large tour groups in July at POR? Or do they usually only stay at the values? Thank you, in advance, for any input!

Hi everyone! We are a family of four with a garden view. We want to be close to the first bus stop, but equally close to the Riverside Mill. Any suggestions for an area to request? We haven't been to POR before now.

What are the chances of getting a refurbished room with a garden view 5th sleeper booked?

About 50/50 at the moment (as you can exclude all the Preferred Location rooms from the possibilities) but that will gradually increase as they move on to refurbishing the 20s buildings.

We want to be close to the first bus stop, but equally close to the Riverside Mill.

Unfortunately those are completely opposing requests as they are in different directions. 16 or 17 would be the best non-preferred location for access to the main buildings (and also the main South bus stop). 24 or 34 are the closest to the West bus stop (which is first pickup, but takes the longest to get to the parks) but they are some of the furthest locations from the main buildings. Personally, I'd suggest 16 or 17 and use the South Depot, as going half-way between the two could give you the worst of both worlds.

Andre

About 50/50 at the moment (as you can exclude all the Preferred Location rooms from the possibilities) but that will gradually increase as they move on to refurbishing the 20s buildings.

Unfortunately those are completely opposing requests as they are in different directions. 16 or 17 would be the best non-preferred location for access to the main buildings (and also the main South bus stop). 24 or 34 are the closest to the West bus stop (which is first pickup, but takes the longest to get to the parks) but they are some of the furthest locations from the main buildings. Personally, I'd suggest 16 or 17 and use the South Depot, as going half-way between the two could give you the worst of both worlds.

Andre
Thank you!!!

Hi Everyone!

So excited to be back at our favourite place in just over two weeks! It's just my daughter and I this time around and we're hoping for our favourite area, AB. Although we don't have the 5th sleeper category booked (we booked the trip before it was an actual booking category), we have our fingers crossed.

We typically check in by 10 am and have had luck simply asking for AB, as close to the West Depot as possible. I always say I'll wait and I don't care about staying on the ground floor/second floor, or a corner room, or anything else. We've stayed in Building 34 before (it's technically the furthest from the main building/lobby/etc) and we LOVED it and didn't feel it was too far a walk at all. What we did love was that it was a literal 15 second walk to the bus depot.

Hi guys!
I'll be staying in POR next month and I was wondering what kind of request you'd all suggest I send regarding my room, since we booked a King Bed.. in MDE the only options were: corner room or high floor.
If I were to try & request a few buildings for that room, what would (should) my options be?
I was wondering the exact same thing as I have an upcoming stay also in a King room

I was wondering what kind of request you'd all suggest I send regarding my room, since we booked a King Bed

With a King Bed booking you can request any area or view that you like, expect for Royal Rooms as there are no king beds there. That opens up river or pool views, preferred buildings, etc. There are some lovely rooms facing over the river in Magnolia Terrace for example, just next to the bridge to Ol Man Island.

See my maps on https://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php. You can request any of the purple-coloured rooms - remembering that requests are not guaranteed of course - ideally by fax about 5 days before you arrive.

Andre

We have never stayed at Riverside before. We currently have a Royal room with river view booked. I was hoping for a quiet location- one of the reason I've stayed away before is the noise from the exterior corridors. Is there anything specific I should request?

We have never stayed at Riverside before. We currently have a Royal room with river view booked. I was hoping for a quiet location- one of the reason I've stayed away before is the noise from the exterior corridors. Is there anything specific I should request?

We’ve stayed at POR a handful of times in the royal rooms and the alligator bayou. We’ve had river view and garden view rooms. I’ve never felt like POR is noisy at all. The way the rooms are situated and the number of other rooms you have to pass by before you get to a walkway make it so not a ton of people walk by your room. I will say I feel overall the resort is very peaceful when inside the rooms and the landscaping is very serene. Part of that could be the size of the resort since it’s spread out but we really like POR. It’s our favorite moderate. We also prefer corner, second floor rooms. Second floor may help some.

What is everyone’s favorite dessert in Riverside Mill? They have a bunch of new ones since I was here last.

We've stayed in every room category in various buildings throughout the resort. The only noise problem we had was from stompy feet big mouth night owl neighbors above us, who mercifully, checked out the next day. The interior corridors at the Beach Club created a nightly noise problem as people came in late and let their kids shout and run through the hallways. The sound bounced around all the doorways and hallways with nowhere to go. We've found POR to be remarkably peaceful and have sometimes wondered if we're the only occupants of a building. Then we go to the food court wondering where the heck all these people came from.

We stayed in a RR with a RV for the first time during Thanksgiving Week and found it pretty quiet. We went early for breakfasts and the food court wasn’t too bad. We really enjoyed staying there.

We have found that the interior hallways of the deluxes to be way more noisy than the exterior corridors. You should have no issues.

More questions about Riverside- we are bringing a twin blowup mattress (raised) for my one daughter. Will this fit in the royal room with a stroller? I can also plan on leaving the stroller in the car overnight. Sometimes when we travel, we move the two beds apart and put the mattress in the middle- will the beds move with the special headboards?
Also, are the beds raised enough to put suitcases underneath (Royal room)?

What are the chances of getting a refurbished room with a garden view 5th sleeper booked?

Just got back and had this. A few days prior to checking in I faxed a request for an AB refurbished room in the 30s section. We were in building 34 with a garden view and 5th sleeper. We usually stay deluxe and I was so pleasantly surprised how nice the room was. Great rustic theming, comfortable bed and nice big screen tv. We were also steps away from the West Depot bus stop, which was the first pick up and drop off. Always had a seat.

Just checked out of POR today from our first stay here. We stayed for 5 nights in the Magnolia Terrace building. I didn't really like the room, it felt a bit dated and lacking in places to plug in electronics. Plus we constantly heard toilets flushing. Grounds were beautiful, the food court was okay and the CMs great. Loved the boat ride to Disney Springs too. Bus service was pretty poor, we were near the East Depot and getting on buses was a bit hit or miss.

Not sure I would stay here again without a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!