Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Honestly that was what I expected next- but he said I should just go book directly if that's what I wanted. It was a bit odd, I was just trying to book through someone figuring I could be nice and let somebody have the commission.
I'm not complaining so much as sharing a weird experience and wondering if that whole "removing the murphy beds" thing was real. I have been living under a rock recently so either I've got a lot of company under here or he made it up. (I think making it up is probably more likely)

Well, at least he wasn't trying to just add commission for himself. It does sound like he didn't know his stuff or he just didn't care if he got your booking. Right now, most TAs are trying their best to book or hang on to the clients that they currently have.

I went online yesturday to book my april trip and it said por is unavailable for months does anyone know why that is? I even was on hold for 2 hours to get a live agent and she didnt know why it was unavalaible either . I had to book art of animation which i'm not to thrilled about but we are bringing the dog so my options are limited lol.

I went online yesturday to book my april trip and it said por is unavailable for months does anyone know why that is? I even was on hold for 2 hours to get a live agent and she didnt know why it was unavalaible either . I had to book art of animation which i'm not to thrilled about but we are bringing the dog so my options are limited lol.
The Disney resorts are doing a staggered re-opening, and no re-opening date has been announced yet for either of the Port Orleans resorts (among others). Currently, the latest resort re-opening I've seen is the Boardwalk on October 1st (CSR is later, but that's due to NBA). Some people have taken that to mean the resorts with no announced date yet will open some time after October 1st and its just not been determined yet. Others are still holding out hope that the resorts with no announced date yet could still open some time prior to that, and the date just hasn't been made public yet.

I know that priority for re-opening was given to resorts that are DVC or have alternate transportation. Because CSR has to be open for the NBA, it will be easy to transition back into hosting guests after that. CBR is on the Skyliner. So unfortunately it seems like that leaves POR/POFQ closed indefinitely.

I don’t think POR resorts are expected to open until they can significantly increase park capacity.

The Disney resorts are doing a staggered re-opening, and no re-opening date has been announced yet for either of the Port Orleans resorts (among others). Currently, the latest resort re-opening I've seen is the Boardwalk on October 1st (CSR is later, but that's due to NBA). Some people have taken that to mean the resorts with no announced date yet will open some time after October 1st and its just not been determined yet. Others are still holding out hope that the resorts with no announced date yet could still open some time prior to that, and the date just hasn't been made public yet.

I know that priority for re-opening was given to resorts that are DVC or have alternate transportation. Because CSR has to be open for the NBA, it will be easy to transition back into hosting guests after that. CBR is on the Skyliner. So unfortunately it seems like that leaves POR/POFQ closed indefinitely.
Ok ty

What a shame... if anything, these resorts are significantly spaced out and encourage social distancing.
Park capacity right now does not warrant having all the resorts open. Operating costs would be too high. The resorts they have chosen to open are ones that are DVC or have other modes of transportation, which allows them to limit buses.

My assumption, for what it's worth (as no one, knows for sure) is that Disney is planning to open resorts gradually based on predicted increases in demand levels. At this stage they don't feel that the room occupancy rates will yet be high enough to warrant opening more resorts than they have so far announced by October - and to be honest I can see their logic.

However there are so many variables in play (guest confidence, local area restrictions, wide entertainment closures and activity limits, out-of-state travel issues, lack of international visitors - not to mention the huge upsurge in the virus in the US anyway) that even the best predictions are little more than guesses at the moment anyway. And if they don't have any confirmed opening dates, they can't suddenly start selling rooms for January, April or July as that inherently implies an opening date has been set.

Worst case? Remember that after 9-11 French Quarter was closed for a full year? And this situation is worse. :(

Andre [Cross-posted from the FQ thread]

My assumption, for what it's worth (as no one, knows for sure) is that Disney is planning to open resorts gradually based on predicted increases in demand levels. At this stage they don't feel that the room occupancy rates will yet be high enough to warrant opening more resorts than they have so far announced by October - and to be honest I can see their logic.

However there are so many variables in play (guest confidence, local area restrictions, wide entertainment closures and activity limits, out-of-state travel issues, lack of international visitors - not to mention the huge upsurge in the virus in the US anyway) that even the best predictions are little more than guesses at the moment anyway. And if they don't have any confirmed opening dates, they can't suddenly start selling rooms for January, April or July as that inherently implies an opening date has been set.

Worst case? Remember that after 9-11 French Quarter was closed for a full year? And this situation is worse. :(

Thank you

For what it’s worth my TA said next Aug 2021 POR is available but she could only get me AB 5th sleeper which I don’t need. I don’t know if this means they're only opening AB side or if it means that’s all she can book on her agency special.
I‘ve decided to cancel our Aug 2020 and modify res for 2021 Aug. Our border is still closed and I can’t see it opening any time soon. First time ever canceling a WDW trip.

For what it’s worth my TA said next Aug 2021 POR is available but she could only get me AB 5th sleeper which I don’t need. I don’t know if this means they're only opening AB side or if it means that’s all she can book on her agency special.
I‘ve decided to cancel our Aug 2020 and modify res for 2021 Aug. Our border is still closed and I can’t see it opening any time soon. First time ever canceling a WDW trip.
Same for us. We were holding out as long as possible before we cancelled but as soon as the border closure was extended we knew there was no option 😭

This is really good feedback. I'm booked for POR in November, but as I can't get through to Disney and have a military rate so I can't modify online, I'm going to just hang out as long as possible before making changes. I figure once we see how reopening and the next couple of months go I'll make some decisions.

So I was able to get through to Disney on the phone today, no wait. I moved my reservation to Caribbean Beach since Riverside will be closed in September. I will miss POR, but I’m kind of excited (if we even go on this trip) to try CBR, especially the Skyliner. For those that haven’t called to move yet, the cast member I spoke with said if nothing is available for your dates in a moderate resort, you will be upgraded to deluxe. She also said she thinks (FWIW) that some discounts will be coming from Disney. She told me to watch for them. Take that as you will!

Very sad news about Bob, POR won’t be the same without him. The same thing happened at GF. The GF orchestra has also been let go. I haven’t heard about the piano player.
So many awful cuts because of Covid. Hopefully when Disney gets back on its feet they will return:sad:
I am great full for all the good times we’ve had watching Bobs show. He is so much a part of POR for me, I can’t imagine POR without him. Thanks for the memories.

Same for us. We were holding out as long as possible before we cancelled but as soon as the border closure was extended we knew there was no option 😭
Same here. At this rate I’m hoping the border opens by Aug 2021! First time to ever cancel a WDW vacay. We rebooked for CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter