Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a standard view room the last time we stayed there. I faxed a request for a nice view and close to the main pool. We got a room in Magnolia Bend that faced the quiet pool and was close to the walkway to the main pool. It was very convenient to the food court, too. It was probably a three minute walk to the main pool and five to the food court from that room. I would definitely request it again.

I don't know if they are finished with the refurbishment of the mansion buildings yet, though.

Whenever we book a standard view room I request a nice view, no matter what resort I am staying at. I've gotten some really nice views that way. :)

We get told they dont even know how to make the request or that we cant right now but can later. Never get good cs with requests. Who do you fax? We talk to them and they are clueless.

We get told they dont even know how to make the request or that we cant right now but can later. Never get good cs with requests. Who do you fax? We talk to them and they are clueless.
I don't know who you talked to but I called Disney reservations yesterday and had them add my room request for our trip next week. You call the reservations number and choose the promps for reservation changes - unless you booked with a travel agent, then you need to contact them.

Andre has instructions on how to send a fax directly to the resort on the first page of this thread. :) I've done this several times when staying at POR and they have honored our request, or most of it, each time.

The current status of room refurbs at Riverside is that Alligator Bayou is completely finished, and they are part way through the first two regular mansion buildings (80 and 85). Some of 80 (Acadian House) reopened a few days ago (the northern separate wing section) and some is still being worked on. They haven't started the southern half of that building as far as I can see. Building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) has the southern section closed at the moment. They should both be completed by early October (80 first, then 85). After that the Royal buildings will be done, but there is always the possibility they have another pause like they did at the same time last year with the Alligator Bayou section.

Andre

The current status of room refurbs at Riverside is that Alligator Bayou is completely finished, and they are part way through the first two regular mansion buildings (80 and 85). Some of 80 (Acadian House) reopened a few days ago (the northern separate wing section) and some is still being worked on. They haven't started the southern half of that building as far as I can see. Building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) has the southern section closed at the moment. They should both be completed by early October (80 first, then 85). After that the Royal buildings will be done, but there is always the possibility they have another pause like they did at the same time last year with the Alligator Bayou section.

Andre
Thanks for the update! Have you seen these new MB rooms yet?

Andre
So all MB rooms with the exception of the royal rooms will be completed by October?

Will be checking in in another week. Booked a royal room. Any information on if there will be pool closures at that time due to renovations of the mansion buildings? Hoping the quiet pool in RR section will not be closed.

Thanks for the update! Have you seen these new MB rooms yet?

Only from the outside (housekeeping have the whole area back now, and were doing the bedding/etc, and several rooms they left the curtains open and the lights on... I'll be doing a proper visit tomorrow morning to get more finished pics, but this a quick preview.

So all MB rooms with the exception of the royal rooms will be completed by October?

Yes, should be.

Will be checking in in another week. Booked a royal room. Any information on if there will be pool closures at that time due to renovations of the mansion buildings? Hoping the quiet pool in RR section will not be closed.

No pool closures at the moment, but it's always possible they could shut one while they are doing the rooms next to that pool.

Andre

DH only wants a room in Alligator Bayou. He prefers top floor but is okay with whatever. We have booked a garden view. I have set up a Touring Plans fax request. Online check in has almost no options. Anyone have luck with this fax option?

DH only wants a room in Alligator Bayou. He prefers top floor but is okay with whatever. We have booked a garden view. I have set up a Touring Plans fax request. Online check in has almost no options. Anyone have luck with this fax option?

If you want a guarantee of an Alligator Bayou room, switch your booking to either Preferred Location, Standard View 5th Sleeper, or Garden View 5th Sleeper. You can always request AB (fax still being your best option for the time being, and via Touringplans is a good way to do it) but normally Garden View rooms would mostly be in the mansion building area.

Andre

If you want a guarantee of an Alligator Bayou room, switch your booking to either Preferred Location, Standard View 5th Sleeper, or Garden View 5th Sleeper. You can always request AB (fax still being your best option for the time being, and via Touringplans is a good way to do it) but normally Garden View rooms would mostly be in the mansion building area.

Andre
Thanks Andre. I was afraid of that. When I booked, the preferred room was not an option. I’ll see if an upgrade is possible. Otherwise fingers crossed on the fax. Hubby thinks the mansions look dark and princessy even if they are not royal rooms.

Hi, hoping for some guidance on room locations and room requests - I did a fair amount of research but wanted to check in with the experts here. For our entire travel party, we have two rooms reserved - a garden view room for my family of 3, and a standard view 5th sleeper room for my extended family (3 adults, 1 child, 1 infant). From what I understand, all 5th sleeper rooms are located in Alligator Bayou and not in Magnolia Bend, putting my extended family in AB automatically. My family's garden view room may be in either AB or MB, but are there buildings in AB that contain both our room types?

Our TA did put in a request for adjoining rooms. Also, can we request to be placed in the preferred section of AB, given our different room types? I realize there are no guarantees with room requests, just curious if it's feasible.

So we got a call saying that our resort had accidentally been overbooked and we were getting upgraded to Riverside. We've never been there before. The lovely lady I spoke to told me that she was going to preferred river view room does anyone know what building that might be? Also how far is the walk from Riverside to French Quarter we want to try the beignets.

So we got a call saying that our resort had accidentally been overbooked and we were getting upgraded to Riverside. We've never been there before. The lovely lady I spoke to told me that she was going to preferred river view room does anyone know what building that might be? Also how far is the walk from Riverside to French Quarter we want to try the beignets.
I am pretty sure that preferred river view would be building 27. How lovely! Enjoy your stay!

This link shows where all the different room categories are located. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps..._distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=159

I chose the river view with fifth sleeper (the preferred buildings are in Alligator Bayou and most have the 5th sleeper) You can click on the highlighted buildings and see where the individual rooms are. Hope that helps!

Riverside is my favourite resort....I hope you enjoy your upgrade :)

Actually, the AB rooms are rather darker than the mansion buildings, but it's always a matter of personal preference.

Andre
I spoke with D H tonight. Based on the price of our current garden view request being more than the preferred room we booked for 2018 (same time period) that we had to cancel and rebook...he said no to the preferred room. We will take our chances. I showed him pics of a mansion room and he said he would be okay.

We did a road trip to New Orleans in 2017 and drove all around Louisiana. We are looking forward to the whole Port Orleans theme. That’s why we picked it for our I’ll fated 2018 trip. (I had to have spinal fusion surgery).

Perhaps having our room location be a surprise will be part of the adventure.

I am pretty sure that preferred river view would be building 27. How lovely! Enjoy your stay!
This link shows where all the different room categories are located. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-riverside?commit=Show+Matching+Rooms+»&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=&filters[connect]=&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=08/22/2019&filters[sound]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=159

I chose the river view with fifth sleeper (the preferred buildings are in Alligator Bayou and most have the 5th sleeper) You can click on the highlighted buildings and see where the individual rooms are. Hope that helps!

Riverside is my favourite resort....I hope you enjoy your upgrade :)

Thank you both so much! Do you happen to know how long the walk is to French Quarter or if there's transportation?

Thank you both so much! Do you happen to know how long the walk is to French Quarter or if there's transportation?
It is a very nice walk walk down the river depending on where you start in Riverside i would say about 15 minutes give or take. There is also a boat that goes to Disney Springs but stops at French Quarter. Beautiful boat ride as well. I guess the bus would also be an option. Enjoy!

Last edited:

You can walk, or take a shuttle bus (look for the Disney Springs buses, and check with the driver whether he's going straight to FQ or via other Riverside stops first), or take a boat (some ferries go direct to Disney Springs, so again check with the boat captain).

But walking is lovely:

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter