Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE Resort Information and Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Jan 27, 2015.

1. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Same. I drink Smart Water and always have it delivered. The upcharge on property is crazy.

SteveH likes this.
  2. UpstateMick

UpstateMick Mouseketeer

Does Riverside have Coke Freestyle machines like French Quarter does?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No they do not.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

POFQ has it if you feel like taking a nice stroll along the river!

SteveH likes this.
  6. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

Thanks Sue! Assuming its the standard LemonAid flavor, do you know if it's the Zero by chance?

7. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Sorry, can’t remember. But they had a few flavours. I liked the peach.

SteveH likes this.
  8. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

Thank you!

Sue M likes this.
  9. MonaMN

MonaMN DIS Veteran

We have a river view room booked (only option available for discount). For those who are frequent visitors, would you request a room in the mansions or AB?

There are three of us so we don’t need a fifth bed. We stayed at POR in a royal room on our first trip to WDW (5 years ago already!), so either will be a new experience for us.

10. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

The French Quarter beverage machines are Coca Cola Freestyle units, so there are lots of options to choose from.

Riverside still uses the basic tap-style dispensers though, so only a set specific range of flavours there.

Andre

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

We would request building 14 or 27 in AB.

MonaMN likes this.
  12. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

My personal pref is the mansion section. We had a river view room in Acadian House. The views from Magnolia Terrace are nice too.
    It’s a personal pref which area and room decor appeals to you. I don’t care for the AB rooms. You have to sacrifice a dresser for the Murphy bed which we don’t need.

MonaMN likes this.
  13. Dona C

Dona C Earning My Ears

What is the first bus stop in RIverside? What building is closest to that bus stop? We are going in May and by the time we get back from the park My ankles are pretty stiff.

14. AprilDreamsOfDisney

AprilDreamsOfDisney Newbie Poster but Forever DisneyDreamer!

West Depot is first for drop off and pick up

15. DisDreaming4116

DisDreaming4116 DIS Veteran

We requested and stayed in Building 34 last trip. This location works so well for transportation. It's a 90 second walk to the West Depot which is usually the first drop off at night and first for pickup. That way, you are getting to sit for the drive to the park and getting off the bus first at night and not having to wait an additional 5 minutes at night. (Those five minutes at the end of the night make a big difference when you just want to get the HECK off the bus!)

16. Limmer

Limmer DIS Veteran

I am sorry but I did not read through all 420 pages. Can you tell me if they still do the carving station? It is no longer on the menu at All Ears.
    Opps. Never mind, I found it.​

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  17. V.I.N.CENT.

V.I.N.CENT. Mouseketeer

Booked my first trip to WDW today, chose POR! I think my wife will love it, New Orleans area of Disneyland has always been her favorite. Booked a garden view 5th sleeper room, any tips on what area to request at check-in?

Also, searched a bit for travel times (via Bus) to the different parks from POR, can't find anything. if someone could give ballpark travel times I would appreciate it.

Very excited, long time Disneyland visitor. Can't wait to see "the other" side of Disney!

Wood Nymph likes this.
  18. Ensusieasm

Ensusieasm DIS Veteran

Since you booked a fifth sleeper you will automatically be guaranteed to be in the Aligator Bayou area. Enjoy, your visit. POR is my favorite.

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

From the very informative https://www.portorleans.org/

Once the buses leave the resort area (i.e. after all the internal pickup stops) the journey times are fairly short. You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

20. tazbc18

tazbc18 Earning My Ears

We are thinking of requesting either Building 25 or 34 so we can be close to the West Depot. How did people like that area? How far was it to walk to the lobby/dining hall?

21. V.I.N.CENT.

V.I.N.CENT. Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! Is the Aligator Bayou area considered preferable? I was thinking the Magnolia Bend section looked great as well with the gardens. How are the views if you get placed in the Magnolia Bend area facing the parking lot?