Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE Resort Information and Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Tall Todd

Tall Todd Mouseketeer

Just saw the Yeehaw Bob is on vacation during our stay next week. I'm so sad about this. Any other entertainment here or French Quarter worth checking out?

2. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yes, Jason and Billy over at French Quarter are good fun, and there will be some sort of replacement at Riverside on Bob's usual nights too (although Bob is a tough act to stand in for!).

Andre

Sue M likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Hoping1229

Hoping1229 Earning My Ears

Hey all! My family is so excited to be going to DW soon! My DH and I haven’t been since we were children and this will be the first time for DS (3) and DD (18 months).

We have a preferred room booked for Feb 3-12. I’m sorry if this has been asked recently but does anyone know which section of buildings will be closed for refurbishment at that time? I see the 30s have been completed but which ones are they working on now? I assume that if we were able to book a preferred room it should still be available...?

Toulouse likes this.
  5. Toulouse

Toulouse Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them

I'm curious about this too Andre.... I've been checking your update page and it looks like nothing has happened for the 20s/teens rooms in the Bayou even though it was scheduled for fall 2018? I'm thinking ahead to when they'll get to the Magnolia Bend rooms as I'm booked for end of April for those myself ;)

6. anneboleyn

anneboleyn DIS Veteran

Just booked POR for September 1-6 after I saw the Free Dining news. I know this will be my last chance for a somewhat calm trip before the insanity known as Galaxy’s Edge hits so I am excited! I have been wanting to stay at POR for years and now DD11 and I finally get to :)

brian95, Toulouse and Wood Nymph like this.
  7. Erica09M

Erica09M Mouseketeer

Hello! I just changed our reservation from POP to POR with a pool view (only non-Royal category of room available). We have not stayed at POR before. Can anyone give me some guidance on what building/area is best to request for this type of room? We're a family of 4 with a teen and a pre-teen.

8. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

We just got back from POR. We requested AB, have four people, but got put in the mansions. I still like the theming of the bayou better, but it turned out okay. We did walk over to the West Depot a couple times though, just to make sure we got a seat on the bus. But we were there during Xmas week and sometimes the bus was already pretty full by the time it got to the North Depot. We were put in Acadian House. Close enough to the North Depot, close to a quiet pool and laundry, quick walk to the main pool and food court. It was a good room.

starousse likes this.
  9. MommatoLandE

MommatoLandE Earning My Ears

We are booked at POR! We actually booked a bounceback for December 2019, but today we booked as part of a larger family trip in October 2019, so we'll be cancelling the December trip. We stayed at CBR in September and really liked it, especially the pool. I wish there was a better splash pad area for our toddler, but am glad we can use the area at POFQ if needed. We're traveling with 10 people in 2 rooms, so we'll be using those Murphy Beds for sure! I'm going to try to read as much of the forum as I can.

10. PrincessBCF

PrincessBCF Mommy Anna? Mommy Ed-sa? Mommy 'Fia? -DD

Just booked a quick trip over a conference my husband has in the area! We booked a royal room, which my daughter is so excited for. Can anyone clarify if the soap dispensers are in the royal rooms too? Thanks all!

11. nicynot

nicynot Mouseketeer

Booked a bounce back while at DAKL in December, i wanted pofq, but they only had rooms at por for a 2 week time span that i had her check. She only had 5th sleeper garden view rooms available. We are only two people. I REALLY want to try the magnolia bend rooms, and i read that two of them are NOT royal rooms. Any chance of me getting one there if i request it?

12. ninafeliz

ninafeliz DIS Veteran

We are in a Royal Room now and have the wall soap dispensers.

PrincessBCF likes this.
  13. Callsdodisney

Callsdodisney Earning My Ears

Any chance you could post the recreation schedule for Jan? We check in on the 10th, and I’m wondering what’s going on!

Thanks!

14. Callsdodisney

Callsdodisney Earning My Ears

Never mind- the Port Orleans website must have put it up last night!

15. Hoping1229

So I’m trying to picture the morning in my head.

To get to MK from POR we will walk to a bus stop, stop a few times within POR and possibly POFQ, drive to MK, go through security, then take another mode of transportation to the entrance of MK(still unclear on this part), go through the gate, then walk through Main Street. Do I have this correct? About how long does it take to get from a POR bus stop to Main Street?

16. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

You walk to a bus stop that will go directly to MK from the south depot. Depending on where your room is you might stop at a few stops before reaching the south depot. The bus won’t stop at French Quarter before going to a park.

The bus will go to the MK bus depot which is a short walk to bag check. Once through there you will go to the gate where you will use your Magic Band or ticket to get in. The bus is the only form of transportation that you will use to enter a park.

It is approximately twenty minutes from the time the bus leaves POR until you are on Main Street on average I think.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  17. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

@Hoping1229 the only thing I'd add to great post by @Wood Nymph is that it's my understanding that when things are slower the bus that serves FQ & RS will stop at FQ first then the RS stops before going on to the final destination.

Turksmom and Wood Nymph like this.
  18. Hoping1229

Thanks for clearing that up for me. For some reason I thought there was an extra step after security. This seems like a much shorter process than I was thinking. Thanks!

Wood Nymph likes this.
  19. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if Vitamin water is an option at the soda fountains? Thanks.

20. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

No, just regular water. If you want the special stuff you need to buy it in bottles.

Andre

21. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

@DisneyRunner2009 I drink the VitaWaterZero myself, should be aware that Disney really nails you on the price, checking the price at the Boardwalk Bakery menu shows the VitaminWater is now going for $4.49 per bottle! That was one of the reasons I used AmazonPrime Now to have a case of water and VitaWater delivered to us. I understand markup, but when I can buy a bottle for .89¢ it makes my blood boil that Disney is marking it up well over $3.60 a bottle.

ncc1701 likes this.