Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can't a party of five just book a standard room and will automatically get the AB section?

You could when they first rolled out this new option, but I suspect it will become forced at some point. You can still book Pool View and River View with five people and be guaranteed AB though, as there is no matching 5th sleeper option for those two.

Andre

You could when they first rolled out this new option, but I suspect it will become forced at some point. You can still book Pool View and River View with five people and be guaranteed AB though, as there is no matching 5th sleeper option for those two.

Andre
So you are gonna pay more for a room of five even if there are only two adults in the room.

So all the AB rooms are now for families of 5. I booked standard with the intention of getting an AB room, as I like the rustic feel. I hope they honor my request. Anybody with a family of four booked standard recently and not had a problem getting an AB room?

So all the AB rooms are now for families of 5. I booked standard with the intention of getting an AB room, as I like the rustic feel. I hope they honor my request. Anybody with a family of four booked standard recently and not had a problem getting an AB room?
When is your trip? You might still be able to get the AB, but the odds are lower now than in the past I think.

Are you still guaranteed an AB room if u book preferred??? I would think that would still hold due to the close proximity of those blogs to main bldg.

So you are gonna pay more for a room of five even if there are only two adults in the room.

No, it only costs more if you book the 5th Sleeper option. So for two of you you'd be fine booking a normal Standard or Garden View (which would most likely be in the mansion buildings, although not 100% guaranteed).

Andre

No, it only costs more if you book the 5th Sleeper option. So for two of you you'd be fine booking a normal Standard or Garden View (which would most likely be in the mansion buildings, although not 100% guaranteed).

Andre
Right, but if they eventually make all parties of five book a 5th Sleeper option, they would pay more then? Or am I missing something here?

I didn't get any choices for room requests in the online check-in... is that normal? It did seem like online check-in was available earlier than i'd expect it to be (i'm slightly more than 60 days out)

I didn't get any choices for room requests in the online check-in... is that normal? It did seem like online check-in was available earlier than i'd expect it to be (i'm slightly more than 60 days out)

The room request field has been "broken" or removed for some time now. Calling or faxing seems the be the way to go now.

Right, but if they eventually make all parties of five book a 5th Sleeper option, they would pay more then? Or am I missing something here?
Yes, but it’s common in hospitality for rooms to cost more that can accommodate five. Some hotels charge an additional person fee (I believe swan and dolphin) some charge more per night for rooms that can sleep additional people.

You are going to pay more for a room that sleeps additional people going forward regardless of if you are 3,4,5. If you want to be guaranteed a 5 sleeper, you need to book the 5th sleeper, river view, preferred, or actually have 5 and book standard (while they allow this).

Andre
Just returned from POR where we had booked a garden view room for 3 people and got a room in AB 38, which was a great location. Not too far from the food court and very close to the 2nd bus stop.

I bet one of the next money grabs will be charging extra for a fifth person in a room, no matter what type room, what resort, or what their age.

Just back from first stay at POR. While the resort was nice I preferred the new CBR which we also stayed at. BUSSES were just as bad.
Was in Alligator Bayou area. Heres a couple photos.
ZtqHdBV.jpg

dkQVZ0s.jpg

Do all AB rooms have that murphy bed in the wall? If so, what section of AB would I request if I would like a dresser with a regular sized tv?

Do all AB rooms have that murphy bed in the wall?

Except for the handicap accessible rooms, yes.

If so, what section of AB would I request if I would like a dresser with a regular sized tv?

Not quite sure what you're asking here. If you want a room with a regular dresser and no Murphy Bed, request a room in Magnolia Bend. The only rooms with a larger TV than the one pictured above, you'll have to request a room in the 30's section of Alligator Bayou. The only rooms with the larger TVs are the ones that have been refurbished and the 30's is the only area that has been completed.

Except for the handicap accessible rooms, yes.

Not quite sure what you're asking here. If you want a room with a regular dresser and no Murphy Bed, request a room in Magnolia Bend. The only rooms with a larger TV than the one pictured above, you'll have to request a room in the 30's section of Alligator Bayou. The only rooms with the larger TVs are the ones that have been refurbished and the 30's is the only area that has been completed.

Thank you! I didn't realize that. When I booked this, I requested buildings closest to the preferred section. Are the 30s section the furthest out from everything?

We're a family of 4 booked for a Garden View - 5th Sleeper at POR the first week of Feb. We prefer the Magnolia Bend rooms and area as we've stayed there before. We had originally booked a regular Garden view but I'm now realizing that when I called to have the released discounts applied they changed us to the 5th sleeper room category.

My question is how likely is it that they would entertain a request to be put in MB when our room category is a guaranteed AB room? I know the 5th sleeper categories are still fairly new and no one is entirely sure how stringent they'll be but I thought I'd get an opinion. I'm hoping being a party of 4 would work in our favor.

We'll be happy and quite fine with whatever option we get but for the money spent we'd like to stay where our preference is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter