Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

It's a very small resort so not a long distance from any building, however building #4 is the closest to both main building food court and busses and not a long walk to boat.

That would be a FQ though. At Riverside, building 14 is the closest to the main building and South Depot bus stop. The preferred buildings are 14, 15, 18, and 27. You would have to book a preferred room, but might not necessarily get building 14.

That would be a FQ though. At Riverside, building 14 is the closest to the main building and South Depot bus stop. The preferred buildings are 14, 15, 18, and 27. You would have to book a preferred room, but might not necessarily get building 14.

Oops! Sorry. I am at POFQ now in bldg 4!!!
I stayed in bldg 16 in Alligator Bayou in Feb and it was a short walk to the South Depot bus stop as well as a short walk to the main building. The room was a standard room but building also had rooms with "garden" views and pool views as building is beside a quiet pool.

It's a very small resort so not a long distance from any building, however building #4 is the closest to both main building food court and busses and not a long walk to boat.
That’s in French Quarter? Not Riverside. We stayed in Building 4 in POFQ and it was a great location!

Glad you are enjoying POR! We are requesting building 85 for our November trip too, so we are hoping for the same luck! I have stayed at POR many times and always had my requests granted. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

After walking the resort the last few days, I think building 85 is the perfect location. I wouldn’t want to be in any other building.

Since we’re kinda on the topic...there are rooms in POFQ Building 7 that have a shorter walk to the *POR* food court than the walk some POR rooms have! ;)

Since we’re kinda on the topic...there are rooms in POFQ Building 7 that have a shorter walk to the *POR* food court than the walk some POR rooms have! ;)

When you walk from POFQ to POR do you follow path all the way around toward boat dock or is there a shortcut through the Mansions to main bldg.?

After walking the resort the last few days, I think building 85 is the perfect location. I wouldn’t want to be in any other building.

I agree! We've stayed in buildings AB 18, Acadian, Magnolia & Parterre (before they were Royal) Love, Love, Love Magnolia! It's a short walk to east depot, next to a quiet pool and a minute from Ole Man Island and 5 minutes or less to the food court. Also love walking under the lanterns at night. I've requested it for our stay next month, fingers crossed!

When you walk from POFQ to POR do you follow path all the way around toward boat dock or is there a shortcut through the Mansions to main bldg.?

That would be a long-cut, not a short-cut. :) The most direct path is to stay on the riverbank path that runs all the way from FQ straight into the courtyard outside the POR main building. To go via the mansions would involve crossing the river at the road bridge, walking along the opposite bank of the river, and then cutting back across Ol' Man Island to the POR main building. A very pleasant walk, but not the most direct route if that's what you are after.

Andre

Does POR or any of the other moderates have indoor corridors and/or balconies? Thanks.
None of the moderate resorts have indoor corridors or balconies. The family suites buildings at Art of Animation have indoor corridors but otherwise you would have to go to a deluxe resort for balconies and indoor corridors. :)

Three questions

How long is the walk from POR furthest building ( have no idea where we will be yet) to the Bus stop at POFQ.

How good / bad are the busses at POR , I’ve read on some sites that they are very bad

Typhoon Lagoon, now WDW have brought in the ridiculous schedule that journeys to water parks are via DS , how many busses actually go from DS to TL. Is it better to get boat from POR to DS or a taxi direct to TL?

How long is the walk from POR furthest building ( have no idea where we will be yet) to the Bus stop at POFQ.

How good / bad are the busses at POR , I’ve read on some sites that they are very bad

Typhoon Lagoon, now WDW have brought in the ridiculous schedule that journeys to water parks are via DS , how many busses actually go from DS to TL. Is it better to get boat from POR to DS or a taxi direct to TL?

1) About 20 minutes maximum.

2) Depends on what they are like when you get to the bus stop. I've had times when I've walked up and just got on a bus that was already in the stop, times when there has been a 20 minute wait. Other people have reported some even longer waits than that on occasions, but that is definitely not commonplace.

3) For TL I think I'd just get an Uber. There are a good number of buses going from DS to TL (they serve guests from all of the Disney resorts don't forget) but I think I'd prefer to spend a few dollars to save what could otherwise up to an hour or so of travelling time.

Andre

Fabulous thanks

I’ve stayed at POFQ and think the buses are better there, but I’ll see how it is when we are at POR
Do you have any idea of costs of UBER to TL..?

Thanks

Fabulous thanks

I’ve stayed at POFQ and think the buses are better there, but I’ll see how it is when we are at POR
Do you have any idea of costs of UBER to TL..?

Thanks

We just stayed there for 11-nights and no problems with the buses...I was a bit worried after all the things I’ve read about them. We barely waited 5 minutes for them. But, if you want a seat every time (coming back from parks) then you will be disappointed.

The only time I truly lost it during my trip was dealing with the buses with Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon. We took an UberXL to get to TL from Animal Kingdom ($17) and that was great. We took a bus after to DS for dinner. After that we wanted to get to Epcot for EMH and my husband didn’t want to pay for Uber again. It took over 40 minutes for a bus to arrive to bring us to POR or POFQ. It took us over 2 hours to get to get to Epcot! I was super mad at my husband, the buses, the heat, etc...it was my melt down. We couldn’t take the boat either due to lightning. Needless to say we took Uber to DS when we went after that.

We just stayed there for 11-nights and no problems with the buses...I was a bit worried after all the things I’ve read about them. We barely waited 5 minutes for them. But, if you want a seat every time (coming back from parks) then you will be disappointed.

The only time I truly lost it during my trip was dealing with the buses with Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon. We took an UberXL to get to TL from Animal Kingdom ($17) and that was great. We took a bus after to DS for dinner. After that we wanted to get to Epcot for EMH and my husband didn’t want to pay for Uber again. It took over 40 minutes for a bus to arrive to bring us to POR or POFQ. It took us over 2 hours to get to get to Epcot! I was super mad at my husband, the buses, the heat, etc...it was my melt down. We couldn’t take the boat either due to lightning. Needless to say we took Uber to DS when we went after that.

Many thanks

Seems buses have changed considerably in the eight years since I last went. The typhoon lagoon service is to me utterly stupid. We have a four year old, so we won’t be leaving parks late at night so I’m not to worried about getting a seat, having said that I’m going with my daughter, I’m 60 and the grandson is four, but we won’t be doing very late nights. Typhoon lagoon used to be a go to park rather than a planned park. We might even give it a miss and stay at the resort pool. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter