Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all, I am new to this board. I currently have reservations at the Port of Orleans Riverside from 10/20 - 10/27 of this year and this will be our first stay at the Port of Orleans. I received an email notification from Disney about room refurbishments starting to take place. Other than that the refurbishments are starting in the Alligator Bayou rooms, does anyone have more detailed information?

Thanks.
J

I received an email notification from Disney about room refurbishments starting to take place. Other than that the refurbishments are starting in the Alligator Bayou rooms, does anyone have more detailed information?

No, that's all that is going on, internal room decor updated. I think there will be some routine maintenance on one of quiet pools closest to the closed building(s) too, which makes sense to do while there are fewer guests in that area.

Andre

We are planning a trip for 2021! A ways a way but I just made the first savings deposit this morning. We have never stayed at POR so I'm very excited.

:eek:

Wow, we went for our very first visit last June and that was supposed to be our trip of a lifetime, but we booked up to go back in September as soon as we got home. I thought that was a long wait and it has been killing me, I can't imagine what level of insanity waiting until 2021 would send me to.

Good luck with that wait

Do you think there is a way to know which quiet pool will be closed during October 2018 ?
Thx. :)

I'd like to know this too (for August 2018). We are going to be there in August for 11 days and if the quiet pool in our section is closed, that would be disappointing. It's so hot in August so an operational pool in our section would be something I would request.
ETA: I'm sure it will be an AB section as that's where they're starting in July and we like to ask for an AB room.

I’ve just defected to Riverside from CSR (due to their pool closure) in October, so am frantically trying to learn all about our new resort.

Is Boatwrights the restaurant that gets such awful reviews? I think it is, but I didn’t pay any attention to it as I didn’t plan to visit POR except to see Yeeha Bob. If not Boatwrights, where would our best place to eat on our arrival night? We don’t want to leave the resort to eat, as we will arrive late after a 9 hour flight. Thanks!
It gets mixed reviews. The DIS guys hated it, but I’ve seen a food blog where they really liked it. So, it seems to be a love or hate thing.

We will be on the dining plan and wonder if a meal at Boatwrights is worth it? It's certainly convenient for our resort day. I watched the DIS guy's review, however, none of them ordered the meal I would likely get...the prime rib.

We will be on the dining plan and wonder if a meal at Boatwrights is worth it? It's certainly convenient for our resort day. I watched the DIS guy's review, however, none of them ordered the meal I would likely get...the prime rib.

The Prime Rib has been awesome for me.

I’ve just defected to Riverside from CSR (due to their pool closure) in October, so am frantically trying to learn all about our new resort.

Is Boatwrights the restaurant that gets such awful reviews? I think it is, but I didn’t pay any attention to it as I didn’t plan to visit POR except to see Yeeha Bob. If not Boatwrights, where would our best place to eat on our arrival night? We don’t want to leave the resort to eat, as we will arrive late after a 9 hour flight. Thanks!
We decided to try it our last 2 stays and it was fine. Their counter service is good too. I love the make your own pasta bar.

My son orders the prime rib every trip. We've always had excellent service and never a bad meal. I had an awesome pork tenderloin with sweet potato hash a couple months ago.

Do you think there is a way to know which quiet pool will be closed during October 2018 ?
Thx. :)

Only the twenties pool is scheduled to have work done, and that will be timed to fit around the period when the nearby buildings are empty for refurbishment. Currently that's expected to be late September, but exact dates have not been decided as yet. The other five pools will be operating normally, so shouldn't be any problem for you anyway.

Andre

Only the twenties pool is scheduled to have work done, and that will be timed to fit around the period when the nearby buildings are empty for refurbishment. Currently that's expected to be late September, but exact dates have not been decided as yet. The other five pools will be operating normally, so shouldn't be any problem for you anyway.

Andre
Is that pool you're talking about ?

Thanks for your help ! ;)

:eek:

Wow, we went for our very first visit last June and that was supposed to be our trip of a lifetime, but we booked up to go back in September as soon as we got home. I thought that was a long wait and it has been killing me, I can't imagine what level of insanity waiting until 2021 would send me to.

Good luck with that wait

For some reason I am having the opposite of "insanity" with this trip so far off. Thinking about and knowing that it's out there has kept me calm and happy over the past few days! I have a lot of anxiety and I've found that when I'm feeling anxious thinking about the future trip is soothing.
But yes- a LONG LONG wait!

I'm always the designated trip planner. Our most recent trips have been myself, mom, aunt and cousin - all adults.
This 2021 trip will be completely different as both myself and my cousin now have spouses and my cousin has a baby who will be 3 when we go. Our spouses are not HUGE Disney people so having a lot of extra time to think about what everyone will like is a good thing. And having a toddler on her first trip is a game changer! Not a lot of late signature dining reservations on this trip!

Hi all, I am new to this board. I currently have reservations at the Port of Orleans Riverside from 10/20 - 10/27 of this year and this will be our first stay at the Port of Orleans. I received an email notification from Disney about room refurbishments starting to take place. Other than that the refurbishments are starting in the Alligator Bayou rooms, does anyone have more detailed information?

Thanks.
J

Just wanted to welcome you to the message boards! :wave: Port Orleans is wonderful, you will love it. :lovestruc

:disrocks:

Thanks.
J

Just wanted to let you know that this is our absolute favourite resort. I'm sure you will love it.

We have been there when they were working on the roof and had scaffolding around, but the way Disney does things, it really doesn't bother the guests at all. They keep guests in other parts of the building or in different buildings than they are working on. Last year we were there when they were working on the Cafeteria floor and they kept it hidden behind black curtains and it didn't affect us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter