Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

My DH and I stayed at POR from 10/26-11/3 and fell deeper in love with this resort. We did not put in a room request and were assigned to Magnolia Bend. Out of curiosity we asked if there was any availability in Alligator Bayou and the CM at the desk said that a room was opening the next day so we did one night in Magnolia Bend and then did a room switch! We have nothing against Magnolia Bend, we just prefer the look and feel of Alligator Bayou. Every CM we encountered was kind, helpful, and considerate!

While we did not have any serious issues with transportation, nearly every bus we took no matter what park we were going, to was packed. One morning there was a line for MK that spanned both stations! The CM that morning (Keith) was fantastic and was able to get a couple of buses to come for back to back pick-ups. This occurred one night leaving MK as well. I had never realized that bus stops 26 AND 25 are for POR. The line wove through both bus stops and was 4 rows deep! We were crazy impressed with how it was handled though. Four people eaters (the buses with a half bus on the back connected with an accordion) came back to back in order to handle the crowd. The buses were all standing room only, but it was incredible how efficiently they took care of the line. I know a lot of people on this thread mention transportation as a concern and my advice is to get to the bus stop with cushion, especially if you have an ADR and don't be afraid to call a Lyft. We did that leaving Epcot one night and were so happy we did. Sometimes it is just easier after a long hot day!

I've read through posts for the past year, but not this whole thread so my advance apologies if this has been answered but I didn't go back far enough.
Are there any photos available of the interior of the wardrobe in a wheelchair accessible Royal Room?
I read some rumors about a potential room update/laminate flooring similar to Pop and Yacht updates? Is there any further information out there regarding this?
Finally, excuse my ignorance, but how does bell services work? If we are coming via rental car can they help with luggage from the car to the room?

I've read through posts for the past year, but not this whole thread so my advance apologies if this has been answered but I didn't go back far enough.
Are there any photos available of the interior of the wardrobe in a wheelchair accessible Royal Room?
I read some rumors about a potential room update/laminate flooring similar to Pop and Yacht updates? Is there any further information out there regarding this?
Finally, excuse my ignorance, but how does bell services work? If we are coming via rental car can they help with luggage from the car to the room?

I don't see why they wouldn't help you with that. They don't even have carts for you to grab. I think I asked for a cart once, and they said they would get my bags.

Quick question...

I am going to call to make a room request (we arrive in 10 days). Do I call the main Disney reservation line or the number for POR that was in the info email I received today?

ETA....this is the number in the email:
‭(407) 934-6000‬

I am going to call to make a room request (we arrive in 10 days). Do I call the main Disney reservation line or the number for POR that was in the info email I received today?‬

You call the general 407-WDISNEY central number. Also at around 5 days out you could fax the resort directly if you prefer, but calling the 'resort' phone number will only get you through to the central WDW switchboard anyway, so no real advantage of doing that.

Andre

You call the general 407-WDISNEY central number. Also at around 5 days out you could fax the resort directly if you prefer, but calling the 'resort' phone number will only get you through to the central WDW switchboard anyway, so no real advantage of doing that.

Andre

Thanks!

I have a fax all set to go through Touring Plans for my room requests. Do I still need to call and make the request or is the fax sufficient?

I have a fax all set to go through Touring Plans for my room requests. Do I still need to call and make the request or is the fax sufficient?

I'd do both. Phone 407-WDISNEY well in advance to have your requests noted in your reservation on the computer system, and then fax about 3-5 days out. That way if for any reason the fax isn't read, or they are too busy to action it (which can easily happen) you have a backup plan.

Andre

I'd do both. Phone 407-WDISNEY well in advance to have your requests noted in your reservation on the computer system, and then fax about 3-5 days out. That way if for any reason the fax isn't read, or they are too busy to action it (which can easily happen) you have a backup plan.

Andre

Thanks! I will call today.

My DD and I stayed at POR 12/1- 12/4.

I had booked Garden view but was given a Standard view...our view of the parking lot was blocked by a staircase. I was only charged for a Standard view though.

In 12/3, we left the room and headed for the North Depot. We arrived at 3:58 and the monitor indicated the next MK bus was due at 4:22.

From 3:58-4:38, we watched the time on the monitor change, getting later and later. A sizable crowd grew, all waiting for a bus to MK.

At 4:38, we cheered as a MK bus approached the North Depot...and then we watched in disbelief as the bus flew past us, not bothering to stop.

At this point, my DD and I went back to the room, grabbed the keys to our rental car and drove to the MK.

This left us frustrated as we made our way to MCMCP...

For the people who have stayed recently, how noticeable are the dogs that are now allowed at the resort? I'm trying to decide which building to request and wondering how much to worry about dogs being near. 2 of us are allergic to dogs and I want to be sure we are not staying in a room that dogs have been in and ideally not to close to them as well

For the people who have stayed recently, how noticeable are the dogs that are now allowed at the resort? I'm trying to decide which building to request and wondering how much to worry about dogs being near. 2 of us are allergic to dogs and I want to be sure we are not staying in a room that dogs have been in and ideally not to close to them as well
Follow Andre's advice for making room requests in his post number 7268 above, so that you make it known that you must have a room that has been specially cleaned for those with allergies.

Had to call in to check some AP room rates and add a request to our reservation . CM was very nice , knowledgeable and “chatty” , so I figured I would ask her about how the dog thing is going . She said they are having very few bookings with the dog addition . Like VERY few ! She said, the general consensus is that it is just too much $$$. She also said they are localizing any dog room reservations to certain areas within the resorts , and trying very hard to keep within that .
That’s all I know !

Last edited:
We were there from 12/2-12/9. Only saw one dog, a service dog with a vest, in the lobby. We even took a walk past the pet relief area, which is way across the parking lot, and didn't see any dogs. I had faxed a request to be away from dogs and they put us in building 39, 2nd floor, corner room. It was perfect!

We checked in today.

I called and faxed a request through Touring Plans asking for an upper floor room in Magnolia Bend and was given a first floor room in Alligator Bayou.

We went to the front desk when we got there and asked to be in Magnolia Bend, and they moved us with no problem.

Makes me wonder if the requests were even read, considering there was obviously availability for what we requested.

The only other issue was the 30 minute wait for a bus to Epcot. At least the waiting area was covered with seating.

Overall, we are enjoying it. It is very quiet.

Reactions: DLo
We just stayed at POR Dec 1-6 and I had booked a preferred room. I requested a ground floor as we had an ECV and mentioned building 14 would be great. While we were at AK, I got a text saying we were in Bldg 15, second floor. I called the phone number on the text and told them that second floor would not work for us as there aren’t elevators at Alligator Bayou and when we got back to the resort, we were given a great room in bldg 14!

I called and faxed a request through Touring Plans asking for an upper floor room in Magnolia Bend and was given a first floor room in Alligator Bayou.

We went to the front desk when we got there and asked to be in Magnolia Bend, and they moved us with no problem.

Makes me wonder if the requests were even read, considering there was obviously availability for what we requested.

A simple request like that, even if it was read, would most likely not be blocked out in advance, but more likely left to be assigned from the pool of Ready Rooms a few hours before your arrival time. At that point, faxes might not be viewed but your original advanced request on the computer booking system should have been noted. It would seem unlikely that there was nothing that matched such a basic request at that point, but it's possible I guess. When you arrived a few hours later there would have been other rooms available anyway, so it's always a good idea to ask them to look again if you are not happy with what you've been assigned.

Andre

Reactions: DLo
Hi, everyone! I just booked this resort today for our stay in June. We’ll be here from June 18th-June 28th. We usually stay deluxe but are excited to try a moderate again. The last time I stayed here it was called Dixie Landings so it’s been awhile. We are looking forward to our stay. I’m sure I’ll be asking several questions over the next few months. I just wanted to pop on here and say hi.

Just booked our November 2018 trip and we are excited to go back to one of our favorite resorts, POR! We are super excited!! The past 2 years we have stayed at Beach Club over Labor Day, but our trip was cut short this year, due to Irma and we decided to take a break from September. Love everything about POR and looking forward to nicer weather and the christmas decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!