Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I know. I spoke with Guest Relations twice today about this and was told both times by the CMs, who verified with their manager that it will be the entire resort.

The thing though is that phone CMs are notorious for giving out bad information, and I find it hard to believe that the Disney Parks Blog would give out wrong information - the writer of the article even repeated the information about designated areas in a response to a comment.

The thing though is that phone CMs are notorious for giving out bad information, and I find it hard to believe that the Disney Parks Blog would give out wrong information - the writer of the article even repeated the information about designated areas in a response to a comment.
I'd like to see them publish room numbers. That way their could be at least guest policing. Otherwise I won't believe it's only designated areas. They'll expand it to accommodate a guest and make the extra money.

I'd like to see them publish room numbers. That way their could be at least guest policing. Otherwise I won't believe it's only designated areas. They'll expand it to accommodate a guest and make the extra money.

From the Room Inventory Manager at POR regarding dogs in rooms: Rooms will receive a more thorough cleaning at departure including carpet and upholstery cleaning. They will try to put guests with pets in certain rooms; how successful they are will depend on whether they know about the guest bringing a pet in advance or not.

Andre

From the Room Inventory Manager at POR regarding dogs in rooms: Rooms will receive a more thorough cleaning at departure including carpet and upholstery cleaning. They will try to put guests with pets in certain rooms; how successful they are will depend on whether they know about the guest bringing a pet in advance or not.

Andre

Interesting, thanks for the update...

I agree with you. We arrive in 12 days and if I knew that there would be dogs I wouldn't have booked this resort. I don't mind them around the resort. I just don't want to sleep in a room that has had dogs in it. And I don't want to hear barking dogs, either.

I can't see them using the Royal Rooms, but who knows what they have in mind.

Hi, I will also be at POR 10/27-10/31. I most definitely don't want dogs above or next to me. I called yesterday to try to change over to POFQ with no luck! I asked to speak with a supervisor as CM had no idea and simply told me I would have to request a room not near a dog. Next CM I spoke to told me they would have more information regarding doggie guests on Sunday (tomorrow) but they believed that dogs would only be placed in specific bldgs. They were unable to tell me which buildings these mght be. I am considering canceling my reservation but don't think I should have to pay a penalty fee. I can't imagine why people would want to bring a pet to an unfamiliar environment and then possibly leave them in a room for hours while in parks. I have friends who were at the Poly during hurricane and while they understood dogs being allowed due to emergency situation they said they had a dog running back and forth above them and barking constantly.

Andre

OMG this sounds like a really bad situation! I would never have booked at POR if I had known this!

We're not likely to spend the whole day at the park. Probably more like half a day. I have fibromyalgia and I'm worried about all the walking. We book longer trips and usually only do two parks so that we can be a bit more leisurely about it. I know by comparison to how big the parks are the resort seems silly to worry about. But I'd rather save my energy for the parks.

If they are really convenient they sound great. Thanks for the info.

I clocked the time from my room to the food court last time I stayed in a preferred room. It was 2 minutes. I don't have Fibromyalgia, but I have my own reasons for needing to be close to everything. It was well worth the money to me.

I clocked the time from my room to the food court last time I stayed in a preferred room. It was 2 minutes. I don't have Fibromyalgia, but I have my own reasons for needing to be close to everything. It was well worth the money to me.

That's great to know. I think it'll be money well spent. Our last trip I wore the wrong shoes and after starting our first day as a marathon but going to MK in the morning, then bibbidi bobbidi in Disney springs for my daughters princess transformation, and then back to MK for MNSSHP my feet were toast. I literally had rubbed the entire bottom of my foot raw and from that day on my drip was sincerely difficult. My husband had to keep running to the main buildings for various things because I could barely walk. I'll be much more choosy about my shoes this time so hopefully that won't be a problem but I'm also hoping my husband will get a bit of a break running to the store for his girls.

I'm headed down in two weeks. I have no desire to listen to a dog bark all night. For the price though I doubt this will be a huge deal. People have been leavibg their dogs at home for years, just don't see people adding an extra few on. Either way if this is an issue I will be filing a complaint, first trip in 10 years really hoping this policy doesn't ruin it

I'm headed down in two weeks. I have no desire to listen to a dog bark all night. For the price though I doubt this will be a huge deal. People have been leavibg their dogs at home for years, just don't see people adding an extra few on. Either way if this is an issue I will be filing a complaint, first trip in 10 years really hoping this policy doesn't ruin it

I hope you are right but I have seen a few posts from people who are thrilled about being able to bring their dogs and noting that the $50 fee is less than what they would have to pay a kennel.

I hope you are right but I have seen a few posts from people who are thrilled about being able to bring their dogs and noting that the $50 fee is less than what they would have to pay a kennel.

Well I'll let you know how it goes. I tried to book with any of the deluxe for this trip as I just never go to Disney but all of them had sold out when I booked back in
August. So I'm even more disappointed.

Not thrilled with this last minute idea, at least wait until 2018 to start a new policy.
Universal might be getting the bulk of my business if this puppy policy ruins my vacation.

Well I'll let you know how it goes. I tried to book with any of the deluxe for this trip as I just never go to Disney but all of them had sold out when I booked back in
August. So I'm even more disappointed.

Not thrilled with this last minute idea, at least wait until 2018 to start a new policy.
Universal might be getting the bulk of my business if this puppy policy ruins my vacation.

I think I saw a few dogs when we stayed at the Hard Rock hotel a few years ago but I think the rooms there were way more sound proof than POR.

Andre

Andre, does it seem that they might at least try to confine it to particular buildings? From the map, it looks like 2 mansions and 2 AB near the dog relief areas could have the designated rooms. That would at least leave a good selection of non dog impacted rooms in the other buildings. It would make sense to make this a bookable category so that they can manage the designated room inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter