Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I'm not sure anybody but Disney could answer this but maybe someone here has had a similar request.

For comfort we would prefer a higher floor but because of access I would need an elevator, does anybody know if either of these requests are usually granted? I know that no request is a definite but are there requests that are known for getting denied?

Also I'm not sure whether to contact the requests that are for those with disability based requests? I can do stairs but it's very painful, do you think they would be likely to put me in a ground floor to avoid the hassle of that lift?

ETA: Also does anybody know what time you no longer have access to the rapid refill at? Is it 12 when the food court is closed or can you still access it?
TIA!

Last edited:
They'll probably ask you to take all your things and leave! :headache:

Just kidding of course! I'm one of those people who does both if I can just to get the map and a celebration badge if we need one.

Oh darn! :P

I haven't stayed on property since I was a kid, so the idea of online check-in baffles me. :laughing:

Is there any advantage to checking in online? I figure if it speeds up the process I could do so when we get off the plane, but it's our honeymoon so I wanted to mention it while checking in. Should we just go to the desk or should we do it on the app?

It takes me all day to get there, so I am totally wiped out when I get there. For me, the advantage is that I just get off the bus and head straight to my room. It's so nice to not have to stand in line.

When you arrive with luggage, will bell service bring it pretty quickly, or is there a long wait for it?

When you arrive with luggage, will bell service bring it pretty quickly, or is there a long wait for it?

Depends on how busy they are. They may be able to bring it straight up (and even take you along for the ride in their pargo if you are lucky) or there may be a short wait. Not normally anything longer than 30 mins or so though.

Andre

It takes me all day to get there, so I am totally wiped out when I get there. For me, the advantage is that I just get off the bus and head straight to my room. It's so nice to not have to stand in line.
I am very jealous of Americans being able to do that. For us Internationals, if you don't already have magic bands from a previous trip, you have no other choice but go to the front desk anyway.

But who am I kidding, I actually love talking to the CMs when checking in or out :)

I never do online check in. I'll stand in line while the kids check out the food court/store maybe look at the pool.
They are goi g to drive me nuts wanting to investigate anyway so it works good for us.
Plus I like to make sure everything is set up right for my credit card and stuff.

We just returned from our stay at POR. We had room 8064 which was a great location. The "quiet" pool was basically right out our door and we parked our car behind the pool bathrooms and laundry area which was really close. The ice machine was just a few rooms down and around the corner.

The room was a handicap room which I did not like too much. The toilet was too tall (I think it had the opposite effect of Squatty Potty). The toilet, sink (single sink) and shower/tub were all in the same enclosure which had a roller door. I prefer having the sinks available while someone else is in the toilet and shower/bath area. The room had a cabinet for storage and hanging clothes in place of a bench. The table was a rectangle and everything seemed to be crammed into a short space along that wall.

I don't know why we were given a handicap room; I don't think the resort was very crowded unless the weekend days messed things up. The parking lot was practically empty and there were never many people in the food court. If we get one next time, I will probably go to the front desk and look for another room. It took me a couple of days to realize that I really didn't like the room so much but I did love the location...

We spent a little over an hour between leaving our room and entering EPCOT on one late afternoon visit when using the bus. We usually drive but I wanted to sample some beers that night so we took the bus. We waited 32 minutes for a bus; there were 3 people waiting when we got there and they told the driver they had waited 40 minutes. I can't vouch for that but I know they waited >32. This was at the North Bus Stop so we picked up more guests at East then dropped off and picked up at South. Two inexperienced scooter drivers took plenty of time to get off.

We waited 18.5 minutes for a MK bus one trip and 7 minutes on another. We had two very short waits returning from the parks and one that was over 15 minutes. The buses were packed coming back in the evening. I prefer driving even to MK but we were attending the last Wishes Fireworks show on May 11 and figured (correctly) that the locals would fill up the parking lots and transportation to the parking lots. We left the MK on that night at about 10:25 and the waiting areas for the monorail and for the ferry were jammed packed.

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues with catching an early bus for a pre-park event? We are booked for Early Morning Magic during our trip in September. We will have a rental car, but I have read there are sometimes issues with the monorails being open that early from the parking area. I had thought the bus might be the best option for that day to drop us off. However, I worry about missing the early bus and then being late to our event. I would like to arrive around 7:15ish to get into the HUB and ready to check in at 7:45.

Has anyone had issues with catching an early bus for a pre-park event? We are booked for Early Morning Magic during our trip in September. We will have a rental car, but I have read there are sometimes issues with the monorails being open that early from the parking area. I had thought the bus might be the best option for that day to drop us off. However, I worry about missing the early bus and then being late to our event. I would like to arrive around 7:15ish to get into the HUB and ready to check in at 7:45.

Hopefully someone will let you know their experience.

Seems like there has to be Disney transportation available from the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) since this event is not limited to Disney Resort guests. Off-site guests will park at the TTC. If this is verified, I would drive to the TTC and not rely on the bus. Arriving that early at the TTC parking lot usually means there is no need for a tram because guests are parked fairly close to the TTC.

I can't speak for experience from POR, because I haven't stayed there yet (but will in September) but we've never had a problem with getting to any of the parks via bus for an 8am ADR on a morning when the park didn't open until 9, and we are chronically early for everything....like 7:45 would be late for an 8am ADR for us.

I'm not sure anybody but Disney could answer this but maybe someone here has had a similar request.

For comfort we would prefer a higher floor but because of access I would need an elevator, does anybody know if either of these requests are usually granted? I know that no request is a definite but are there requests that are known for getting denied?

Also I'm not sure whether to contact the requests that are for those with disability based requests? I can do stairs but it's very painful, do you think they would be likely to put me in a ground floor to avoid the hassle of that lift?

ETA: Also does anybody know what time you no longer have access to the rapid refill at? Is it 12 when the food court is closed or can you still access it?
TIA!

Just to update this in case anybody else is looking for the answer:

I contacted the disability email and was told there should be no issues accomadating the requests but that they can only confirm that we will get a building with an elevator if we are on a high floor or any building (in our booking class) if we are on a ground floor. The CM also said that they would note my request for a high floor as priority over the elevator if thats what I wanted.

I have not been able to find the answer about the freestyle machine.

I would assume that if the food court is closed, you would not be able to access the freestyle machine - what if it malfunctioned?
I assumed the same but wanted to check as I wasn't sure if they actually closed off the dining area or if you could still access it and just not buy anything.

Staying at POR November 8th-18. Trying to decide wether to use bus or uber transportation? Thanks
Depends on where you are going. DH and I stay at POFQ and usually use the buses going to the parks. We use public transit for work and build in time for the buses to get us to the parks. A WDW bus beats PATCO train to Philadelphia. We use taxis to do resort to resort travel just for saving time. Lot easier than using buses to a park or DS to transfer back to POFQ.Those trips can take a while. We also use the boat to DS, it is a nice change from buses.
The resort to park transportation is usually very good .

Staying at POR November 8th-18. Trying to decide wether to use bus or uber transportation? Thanks

We would often go to the bus depot and see what the times were. If they were ridonkulous, and they regularly were, we'd just book and Uber or a Lyft. They'd usually be there in five minutes... I think we used Uber and Lyft maybe half a dozen times each over the course of a fortnight's holiday.

We drive when visiting WDW and we usually take our car to the parks EXCEPT for MK. We often had a PPO ADR and taking the resort monorail (no express or ferry) is really annoying and once we were late even tough we arrived at the parking lot at 7:15am for a 8am PPO ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter