Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I know this information must be posted somewhere in this thread and I apologize for the repeat BUT I am booking with the free dining as we speak...It's just hubby and I so a king bed is available. What is the best building NON PREFERED that is closest to the main bldg. and bus stop with king rooms? Thanks so so much!

I know this information must be posted somewhere in this thread and I apologize for the repeat BUT I am booking with the free dining as we speak...It's just hubby and I so a king bed is available. What is the best building NON PREFERED that is closest to the main bldg. and bus stop with king rooms? Thanks so so much!

According to portorleans.org

• King Bed: These rooms feature one King-size bed only, and have a maximum occupancy of two persons (or three in the Alligator Bayou section, due to the extra fold-down bed). Views and locations vary around the whole of the resort, and some can feature pool or river views or may be the within preferred buildings but are still booked under the King Bed category). Note: there are no King Bed rooms available in the Royal Guest Room buildings. 2016 prices vary seasonally from $221 to $327.

So there are rooms in the preferred buildings that are listed as the King Bed category you are looking for, not in the Preferred category. The closest building is 14 in Alligator Bayou

If you really don't want a room in the Preferred buildings, then 16 in AB or The Magnolia mansion would be your best bets.

Just ask for what you want rather than try to pick a building.

Am sure this has been asked many times... booked a Garden View room, and I'd really prefer to be somewhere on Magnolia Bend. Has anyone been successful with getting one of those rooms through requesting?
I always request Magnolia Bend, and so far I have always been placed in Magnolia Bend. I do make that my only request, which helps, but I know that it is not a sure thing, and one of these trips I could end up in AB, and I'm OK with that. If you have five people in your room you will have to be in Alligator Bayou. Also, if you book a Royal Room that would guarantee a Magnolia Bend room.

We had a king room in building 14. Our room was very close to the south bus stop and also very close to the food court entrance of the main building. We had booked a king room, not a preferred room, and we were very happy to have our king room in a preferred location. :)

Just returned from a wonderful mother/daughter 9-night trip yesterday afternoon and am already missing POR so much. We checked in POR Royal river view room on Good Friday. I used Touring Plans to fax a request of a 1st or 2nd floor room as I wanted to be as close to the river as possible (as 3rd floor rooms are set further back). We did online check-in and received our room number (which was 9731) via text around 3:30. We hopped off the Magical Express at Saratoga Springs around 2:30 to grab a bite to eat for lunch and then headed to Animal Kingdom from there. That was the worst bus wait the entire trip. I am not exaggerating when I say that we waited 45-50 minutes for the Animal Kingdom bus to show up at the Springs stop. The ETA on the board kept going up 1-2 minutes every time we looked at it. I told my daughter that we got our one 'not so great' bus trip out of the way so the rest of the trip would be smooth sailing transportation wise. :)
We rode Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari with our FPs and had dinner at Yak & Yeti followed by Rivers of Light FP for the 9:30 show. We left straight away after the show and headed to the bus stop where we didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a bus to show up.
We got to our room for the first time, and found our luggage waiting for us to get unpacked. We also decorated our window for Easter. Our room was in a brilliant location, 2nd floor of Parterre Place (corner near the quiet pool), but just a few steps from the foot bridge so we caught the buses at the South Depot.

My daughter and I laughed at our bus 'mojo' for this trip. Whilst walking across the bridge to catch a bus for our desired park each morning, we would see it pulling into Riverside and then we'd sprint to the bus stop to make sure we got on. Also, the bus was empty each morning when it arrived at the South Depot and it would leave straight for the park after picking everyone up at the South Depot.

On Easter we went to Magic Kingdom and got on a bus around 6:30 AM and arrived at the park around 6:47. I didn't know what to expect as it was our first time visiting MK on a holiday so wanted to get there early. We were let in the park at 7:00 and we took some Photopass pictures on Main Street then headed to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Small World with no wait. At 8:00 we headed to the queue to meet Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny who were supposed to appear at 9:00. Not knowing what to expect, again I chose on the side of caution and got there early - we were the first in the queue. So we chatted with the people behind us and the time passed quickly. We had a 10:20 breakfast at Crystal Palace and afterward headed to use our FP for BTMMR. The 12:10? Easter Parade was scheduled to arrive soon so we stopped in Frontierland to watch it before heading over to BTMMR. I thought the parade was super cute (although short) and am so glad we got to see it. We had reservations for Tiana's Riverboat Party for the 3:00 parade so I knew I'd see it from that vantage point as well, but it was good to see the parade close up. After the Riverboat Party (which was fun by the way), we headed to French Quarter to be there for the special character greeting. We weren't disappointed when Mickey and Minnie showed up in their Easter best. It was unique to experience the characters at French Quarter!
We then headed to EPCOT for a late dinner at Chefs de France and then called it a day. Spending Easter at Disney World was a highlight for sure!

Another highlight of the trip for us was the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour we took on Thursday morning. I highly recommend the tour and now can't wait to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour as well once my daughter turns 16 (not that I'm rushing time - she's already growing up so fast!)

In addition to sampling food at the Flower and Garden booths, we were able to experience the following restaurants/quick service during our trip:
  • Artist Palette (Saratoga Springs)
  • Yak & Yeti
  • Be Our Guest (breakfast & lunch)
  • Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
  • Crystal Palace
  • Chefs de France
  • California Grill (for Wishes)
  • Tutto Italia
  • Earl of Sandwich
  • Amorette's Patisserie
  • Riverside Mill (breakfast & supper)
  • Skipper Canteen
  • Via Napoli
  • Sassagoula Floatworks (for beignets)
  • Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno

Since I have totally digressed from the topic of this thread, which is POR - I will get back on track and say that we very much enjoyed our time there once again. Our room was beautiful and in great shape, beds were comfortable and housekeeping exceptional. We saw Bob 3 of the 4 times he was playing during our stay (he was on holiday for a portion of the week). We participated in 2 of the Movies Under the Stars which are always fun to take some time to relax and watch. We walked miles around the river over the course of our stay as it is our nightly tradition to get some quality mom/daughter time talking about things as we stroll along.
We enjoyed the turkey and veggies at Riverside Mill for dinner 3 nights and some magic cookie bars, apple blossoms and beignets might have also been consumed. ;) (another reason for the walks around the river!)

As I mentioned before, we had good bus luck on this trip, as it was the case for us that a bus was arriving as we were walking toward the bus depot. I will say it was the best transportation we've experienced at a resort so far. I know it's luck of the draw, and can happen the other way around - but we were fortunate.
I was worried at the onset of the trip that the crowds would be horrible, but I didn't really see much difference in crowds for Easter than when we go in summer. The cast members at POR were friendly and so nice as always.

We have another trip planned to POR or POFQ (still deciding, but can't go wrong with either one) for the beginning of June, otherwise I'd be even more depressed about our reentry into the 'real' world and getting up for work this morning. Until then, I'll drink out of my POR coffee mug each morning and relive the lovely memories of our recent trip to Riverside.
upload_2017-4-24_16-16-0.png

Does this exist? Royal room river view, upper floor corner room with double Windows?

I don't know about the double windows, but on the third floor of the royal buildings, there are no corner river view rooms. On the 2nd floor, in Oak, there are two sets of corner windows on each wing. In Parterre, there is a separation in the wings, so there are 4 corner rooms per wing. It seems, though, that 9736 and 9737, as well as 9776 and 9777, if there's a corner window, it would be looking at the other window in the pair.

Does this exist? Royal room river view, upper floor corner room with double Windows?

Yes, there are at least ten rooms that match your request. They would be second floor (i.e. the upper floor of the outlying wing sections, so a really nice view directly overlooking the river) not the middle of the third floor though (those central rooms beside the elevators do not have the second windows, as they would simply look into a corridor).

Andre

Just returned home from our stay at POR. Usually we recieve an emailed itemized receipt from the resort we stay at but not this time. :confused: Does anyone know what number I would call about this? Tia

I am so excited today! I have POR booked with free dining for August!

Yesterday I had all but written off the possibility of staying at POR as there was only availability for free dining in the Royal Guest suites. I was able to get free dining at Pop for $3470 for 6 nights for the 4 of us in late August with 7 day PH tkts and 6 night stay with upgraded DDP. The same package at POR was $4550 ($1100 more) due to the Royal Guest suites being the only availability.

Around supper time yesterday, I decided to check one more time and found free dining availability in a Garden view room! The total price with the upgraded DDP was $4124. While obviously still more expensive than Pop, I am able to stomach the difference now.

YAY!!!!!!! Come on August!

I am interested in adding a day to the beginning of our trip next week at POR!
I can't get anyone on the phone with the free dining craziness.
Should i keep trying or should i make a new reservation for just the one night.
And how likely is it I get moved to another room the next day?
Thanks!

Just returned home from our stay at POR. Usually we recieve an emailed itemized receipt from the resort we stay at but not this time. :confused: Does anyone know what number I would call about this? Tia
We've gotten our invoice by calling this number:

Billing dept: 407-828-5630

for those who have stayed in ground floor rooms, have you ever had any issues with noise from above? We've always stayed in upper floors but avoiding stairs would be nice.
Yes...that was my husband"s biggest beef with POR was poor soundproofing in general. We could hear the people above us, beside us, outdoors, you name it. But we're all light sleepers, so we may notice it more than most.

Yes...that was my husband"s biggest beef with POR was poor soundproofing in general. We could hear the people above us, beside us, outdoors, you name it. But we're all light sleepers, so we may notice it more than most.

I didn't have as much trouble above as I did beside and in front of. I am also a light sleeper. I bring a noise machine and it works wonders.

Same happened to me last year, and I sent them an e-mail: guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com
It took a few days, but they sent me my receipt.

I still pull it out sometimes when trying to remember how much we spent, and how much we need to save for our next trip :D

We just got back from POR and had no issues with noise from above or noise from inside the next door rooms (except the turbo flushing toilets). However, apparently the one room next door was the 8:00 am meeting place for a large group of people. Every morning they would stand outside our door, talking, laughing and going in and out the door over and over for about a half hour. Now I know 8am is not that early but we are, stay out late and close the park kind of people. So we like to sleep in. It didn't happen this trip.:sad2: The one morn. I even open the door and put the do not disturb sign on the door but I guess nobody got the message because it continued.

I love POR and we had a fabulous trip but honestly this was not our best stay there....housekeeping was only mediocre. The cast member at check-in was not very pleasant. I booked the room with the passholder discount but didn't actually have the pass because we upgraded our park hoppers when we got there. When I made the rez they told me to just made sure I had annual pass when we check-in. So when I pulled it out to show her at check-in, she went off on me, "You can't just come in here and get the discount, you have to do that when you make the rez". Then when she finally looked at the rez she said "Well you have the discount".... but she continued to be kinda miserable. I just chalked it up to spring break burnout.:)

Ok, now that I vented, really, POR is a beautiful resort. If you are considering staying there don't let these little things deter you because they can happen at any of the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!