Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Question regarding the bus. If we were to get off at the lobby area after returning from the parks, would we then be able to hop back on the bus and catch a ride to one of the other bus stops at the resort? I've got a knee that can sometimes act up and am a little worried about how it might be feeling after a day at the parks.

Question regarding the bus. If we were to get off at the lobby area after returning from the parks, would we then be able to hop back on the bus and catch a ride to one of the other bus stops at the resort? I've got a knee that can sometimes act up and am a little worried about how it might be feeling after a day at the parks.
I think that the Disney Springs bus travels to the other resort bus stops after it picks up at the main building (lobby-south depot). The park buses go straight to the parks after leaving the main building - south depot. I took a bus from the south depot to get to the west depot on a very rainy evening and got on the Disney Springs bus to do that/

I think that the Disney Springs bus travels to the other resort bus stops after it picks up at the main building

Correct, the Disney Springs bus also acts as a Port Orleans internal shuttle. Its route is Disney Springs > POFQ> POR South> POR West > POR North > POR East > POFQ > Disney Springs. As you say, it is the only bus service which calls at POR South before the other outlying POR stops, all of the other theme park buses do the outlying stops first and then call at South before heading off to the park.

Andre

Correct, the Disney Springs bus also acts as a Port Orleans internal shuttle. Its route is Disney Springs > POFQ> POR South> POR West > POR North > POR East > POFQ > Disney Springs. As you say, it is the only bus service which calls at POR South before the other outlying POR stops, all of the other theme park buses do the outlying stops first and then call at South before heading off to the park.

Andre

Doesn't the DS bus also stop at typhoon lagoon, or is this outdated info?

Hello all. My family and I (fam of 3) are planning our next trip and I think we've all decided on POR since our home CSR will be under renovation. I have scanned through some of the posts but not all of them since there are almost 300 of them. I was wondering how many people have stayed in the royal rooms? This caught MY eye as my guys could care less about the decor but I want to sleep in magic! Also, the scenery looks so pretty with all the foliage but I'm a little paranoid and wanted to see if there was anyone who came across reptilia. LOL I realize we vacation in the land of magic AND reptiles but I'd rather do away with not seeing any! Everything else looks fantastic since we'll be doing half days at the parks lining up with EMH. I want us to fully take in the resort and all it has to offer with movie nights, lazy days at the pool, exploring the resort, etc

Doesn't the DS bus also stop at typhoon lagoon, or is this outdated info?

It still does until 1pm. After then it goes direct to Disney Springs, and so for Typhoon you need to change at DS. However the question was about the internal route within Port Orleans, which is not affected by any Typhoon Lagoon stops.

Andre

Hello all. My family and I (fam of 3) are planning our next trip and I think we've all decided on POR since our home CSR will be under renovation. I have scanned through some of the posts but not all of them since there are almost 300 of them. I was wondering how many people have stayed in the royal rooms? This caught MY eye as my guys could care less about the decor but I want to sleep in magic! Also, the scenery looks so pretty with all the foliage but I'm a little paranoid and wanted to see if there was anyone who came across reptilia. LOL I realize we vacation in the land of magic AND reptiles but I'd rather do away with not seeing any! Everything else looks fantastic since we'll be doing half days at the parks lining up with EMH. I want us to fully take in the resort and all it has to offer with movie nights, lazy days at the pool, exploring the resort, etc

Weeeeellllll, you may see something. I haven't seen snakes, on the few trips I've taken, but tons of lizards. I live on the other side of the Gulf and rarely see a snake. Had one knock on my slider wanting in once, picked one up by accident while weeding, occasionally see small, brown, garden ones. Request 2nd floor, which will reduce the likelihood of one in your path on the way to your room... a bit. Stay away from the water and tall grass/plants. The critters avoid people, if possible. Don't do a search! :upsidedow

Weeeeellllll, you may see something. I haven't seen snakes, on the few trips I've taken, but tons of lizards. I live on the other side of the Gulf and rarely see a snake. Had one knock on my slider wanting in once, picked one up by accident while weeding, occasionally see small, brown, garden ones. Request 2nd floor, which will reduce the likelihood of one in your path on the way to your room... a bit. Stay away from the water and tall grass/plants. The critters avoid people, if possible. Don't do a search! :upsidedow

We're aware of the little ones that scurry all over the resorts! We have them here in Atlanta too but I have no problems with them. I'm just squeamish about the bigger ones! We haven't seen them ever on a visit but I seem to be the only one in my family that is aware that Florida= snakes! LOL Regardless, we're still going!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just be the one running and screaming if I see one!

Kind of an odd question, but is there anywhere on Disney property I can get an extension cord? I forgot mine and don't really want to Uber just to buy a cord. Just thought it was worth a shot!

I'm considering dining at Boatwright's the evening of my arrival day. Do I absolutely need an ADR or are my chances pretty good of landing a walk up? That day is a play it by ear for dining on my end.

I'm considering dining at Boatwright's the evening of my arrival day. Do I absolutely need an ADR or are my chances pretty good of landing a walk up? That day is a play it by ear for dining on my end.
We have made same day ADRS at Boatwright's on our last 2 trips. At least you know you wouldn't be wasting time to go and find they are booked for the evening.

Food question...are there beignets @ this resort?

Also, do guests get deliveries from Amazon or garden grocer for water etc here?

Thanks!

Thanks!
You have to go up to POFQ to get the beignets.
I read on this thread of people getting Amazon and Garden Grocer deliveries.

Thanks!
No, the beignets are at french Quarter, but it's not that long of a walk.
Yes, you can get deliveries from Amazon or garden grocer. I believe there may be a $5 charge now from Disney for deliveries

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter