Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

lovemydeals said:
POFQ - had the autograph books and mickey ears on headbands. Not a huge selection of ears, maybe 5-6 different kinds near the middle of the store.

Great, thanks. We have a while to go yet before our trip, but DD and I were looking forward to already having our Mickey ears on when we arrived at MK.

I know they sell the autograph books but I believe the Mickey ears can only be found at the parks and no resort sells them. You can try Le Chapeu over at MK, they have a HUUUUGE selection of ears. My favorite are also the headband kind!

Autograph books yes.

Ears on Head bands they certainly did sell last year as DD bought another pair there :)

We will be staying at POFQ for a few days before our February cruise. I've been looking at photos to get excited and I think the grounds look lovely.

We've never stayed at a mod resort before. I'm looking forward to having a proper food court for quick meals. My only question about mod rooms is where do you put all your stuff? I wish the rooms had proper closets. Can you store suitcases under the beds, or are they too low?

Thanks for this very informative thread!

You will be surprised that you have room! Our family of four which includes a 10 yr old and a 16 yr old had enough room! The three drawers, the closet area (we hang a fair amount of shirts up) with the shelf on top are enough. We store one suitcase under the bench and one on top. We put a plastic inside of one of the suitcases for dirty laundry. If you really are in need of more room, you can leave a filled suitcase on top of the bench for easy access. TO store more luggage, there is a space between the wall and the air/heating unit by the window!
Have a magical time!!!!

I just love this resort!! Me and my family had a great experience at this resort. I read that Elliot isn't there anymore..? Is that true?

Yes he is no longer there but they have someone new but I can't remember the name.
Checkout. Portorleans.org and it should tell you there.

Storage wise in the rooms it's got more than you think we had plenty of room but it is just DH and I.

The October 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available, including special Halloween activities. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The evening campfires commence at 6pm this month, and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8pm (except for Halloween which will be 7pm/9pm).

Halloween Activities for 31 October include:
  • Disney Character Meet & Greets
  • Candy Corn Guessing Contests
  • Scavenger Hunts
  • Cake Walks
  • Monster Mash Dance Party
  • Costume Contest (all ages)
  • Pumpkin Decorating & Crafts
  • Trick-or-Treating
  • Haunted Campfires

Andre

Just returned yesterday from a 1 week stay at French Quarter. The resort as always was beautiful. We had booked two king rooms and a pool view 2 queen room on the military discount. All rooms were in building 2 on the first floor. They tried to keep us close so my parents were in 2126, a corner room with a garden and river view. My brother and his girlfriend were in room 2123, corner room with garden views. My sister and I were in 2129 with a river view directly across the path from the boat launch. Great room locations.

Tried to link our paper UCT tickets to our room keys at the concierge desk and they did not know how to do it. So we went to Epcot Guest Relations. They couldn't link them but gave us green RFID tickets instead. So that worked out.

My sister and I liked the food court but my brother did not. He wanted a real breakfast as he put it. Hated the food. Then got mad when he found out the MSB was just a "flipping" Starbucks. Whatever, can't please everyone.

Spent time at the pool, it is just what the doctor ordered for tired feet at the end of the day. There were times it was a bit cold but I really enjoyed my pool time.

Had no issues with Mousekeeping and the one time I did walk in on our mousekeeper she offered to continue since she had just gotten there. I asked for some fresh towels as I do not care if my bed is made or not since I never make my bed at home.

The weather was a bit soggy but it never bothered me. I put on my poncho and soldiered on.

So all in all we, with the exception of my brother who is not a Disney fan but was dragged along had a great stay.

You will be surprised that you have room! Our family of four which includes a 10 yr old and a 16 yr old had enough room! The three drawers, the closet area (we hang a fair amount of shirts up) with the shelf on top are enough. We store one suitcase under the bench and one on top. We put a plastic inside of one of the suitcases for dirty laundry. If you really are in need of more room, you can leave a filled suitcase on top of the bench for easy access. TO store more luggage, there is a space between the wall and the air/heating unit by the window!
Have a magical time!!!!

Thanks. I've no doubt that we will have enough space, it is just that I usually keep all the clutter hidden behind closed closet doors. I was also hoping to pack our cruise clothes in seperate suitcases and just shove them under the bed, out of the way, while we are at POFQ. No big deal though.

There is enough room between the bed & wall to stow suitcases out of the way. You can also leave your packed cruise luggage with Bell Service to store.

Pool View rooms are very centrally located in buildings 2 and 5, but only on the top two floors in case that makes a difference to you (the kids can't just run out of the door and straight to the pool area).

Andre
Thanks for clarifying, Andre. Love your site - it's very helpful!

The fountain is still there, the new campfire is at the other end of the lawn - just next to building 5, nearer to the river.

Andre

Yep, and the fountain was drained and repainted (black) a few days ago. As of yesterday, they hadn't refilled the water yet

Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...

Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today.

On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold.

Hope it all goes well!

Andre

Good Luck to all the French Quarter cast members (and all the extras who will no doubt get drafted in too) for the launch of Magic Bands at FQ today.

On the plus side, I believe many of them will have been swapping over to the POR front desk over the last few weeks, so they should at least have a head-start on other resorts rather than coming into the system completely cold.

Hope it all goes well!

Andre

I will be there in 19 days to see how they are doing. LOL.

Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...

Allears.net has full menus for all the wdw restaurants and quick service. I haven't paid much attention, but the have flatbreads, and over at POR (an easy walk) they have my fav Make Your Own Pasta Bar. Lots of veggies to choose from, and if you eat seafood, shrimp is an option.

Not many vegetarian options I'm afraid. I'd make do with salads and the cornbread but not much else is vegetarian friendly, specially at dinner time. Breakfast is better if you eat dairy/eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!