Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Yay for a new thread! I was wondering how much longer till we reached 250 pages! :cool1:

I want to thank you Andre for all the hard work you do for all of us POFQ fans. I'm SO glad I found that thread and for all the information you provided, it made my choice very clear when I was booking my first onsite vacation and now I can't see myself staying anywhere else. BEST.DISNEY.RESORT.

I uploaded a batch of in-room photos of POFQ, which can all be seen at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POFQ-Rooms.php. The colour-calibration for those purple bedspreads with both natural and artificial light and flash was a nightmare, but I think I've got them just about right now.
Don't I know that *sighs*, my photography skills are not that great but with Lightroom I was able to correct some of those ugly dark pictures. It's one of my only complains about FQ, the room lightning does not lend itself for good pictures.

Now I just have to wait 406 days more till I'm back home :coffee:

This year was my first stay at POFQ, so this is the only room decor I know, but I liked it and thought it looked nice. I think Andre was trying to get it nice and bright for his photos to emphasize the colors and details, but I think you'll find it more subdued in person. :)

(Not sure that came out right... I think his colors are good, but you're probably not going to be in the room that often with all drapes open, lights on, etc. Maybe that's still not coming out right. Anyway, I liked the room. :thumbsup2 )

Minnie & Nana in person the rooms are quite nice.

Thank you, Sue M and karly05!

Good to know it is more subdued in person! We do keep the drapes and blinds open - I like seeing people walk by because everyone usually looks so happy! This year we have a river view, so even more reason to keep the drapes/blinds open.

Actually, one of the things I especially enjoy about the moderates, is that we often get to see our neighbors. At the Deluxe resorts, sometimes you can come and go and never see another guest. While I do love most all of the deluxe resorts....the dark halls at Poly, WL and AKL can be a bit creepy at times. ;) :goodvibes

Thanks Andre! Hopefully you can help me with a question that has been bugging me since yesterday morning - what is the name of the POFQ doorman? I love him but my memory is failing me.........
thanks!
128 days to go til we are back at POFQ (home) again!

His name is Arniel

We love him too :)

The new firepit area (previous thread) look very nice but did this replace the fountain? Or is the fountain still there and I'm just not seeing it?

First stay wdw left today fq loved it next time would do building 5 we had 6 had carting a sleeping 6 year old lol but compared to other hotels I here it's nothing. Buses to me fast we were first stop at night . We had a fridge. The hot tub felt great after the park. It was so quite ,shady peaceful. The parks were very overwhelming for us first timers it was nice to come back to pofq. My daughter loved the doorman !!! Every one was great!!!!

The new firepit area (previous thread) look very nice but did this replace the fountain? Or is the fountain still there and I'm just not seeing it?

The fountain is still there, the new campfire is at the other end of the lawn - just next to building 5, nearer to the river.

Andre

Do they sell Mickey ears (on a headband, not a hat) and the photo-autograph books in the gift shop at either POFQ or POR...? Thanks :-)

Do they sell Mickey ears (on a headband, not a hat) and the photo-autograph books in the gift shop at either POFQ or POR...? Thanks :-)
I know they sell the autograph books but I believe the Mickey ears can only be found at the parks and no resort sells them. You can try Le Chapeu over at MK, they have a HUUUUGE selection of ears. My favorite are also the headband kind!

We will be staying at POFQ for a few days before our February cruise. I've been looking at photos to get excited and I think the grounds look lovely.

We've never stayed at a mod resort before. I'm looking forward to having a proper food court for quick meals. My only question about mod rooms is where do you put all your stuff? I wish the rooms had proper closets. Can you store suitcases under the beds, or are they too low?

Thanks for this very informative thread!

No, you can not store it under the bed. The bed is on a wood frame. You can store it on the shelf in the bathroom area or on the floor.

I know they sell the autograph books but I believe the Mickey ears can only be found at the parks and no resort sells them. You can try Le Chapeu over at MK, they have a HUUUUGE selection of ears. My favorite are also the headband kind!

POFQ - had the autograph books and mickey ears on headbands. Not a huge selection of ears, maybe 5-6 different kinds near the middle of the store.

Hi, all! We're looking forward to a visit to POFQ next summer. We've stayed at the All Stars and Polynesian, but POFQ would be our first moderate. We're planning on visiting in June and have DD 11 and DS 8. I'm thinking we might want to book a pool room. What are your thoughts on Garden View vs. Pool View?

328 days until our trip back to POFQ !! This will make it our 7th time here ❤ can't wait to return !!!

I'm thinking we might want to book a pool room. What are your thoughts on Garden View vs. Pool View?

Pool View rooms are very centrally located in buildings 2 and 5, but only on the top two floors in case that makes a difference to you (the kids can't just run out of the door and straight to the pool area).

Andre

I just love this resort!! Me and my family had a great experience at this resort.
I read that Elliot isn't there anymore..? Is that true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!