Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Will will be going to FQ in June 2014. Do you think the MB will be in full swing or still testing? I reallllly want to try them and was thrilled to find out FQ was starting yesterday. :yay:

Allears.net has full menus for all the wdw restaurants and quick service. I haven't paid much attention, but the have flatbreads, and over at POR (an easy walk) they have my fav Make Your Own Pasta Bar. Lots of veggies to choose from, and if you eat seafood, shrimp is an option.

Not many vegetarian options I'm afraid. I'd make do with salads and the cornbread but not much else is vegetarian friendly, specially at dinner time. Breakfast is better if you eat dairy/eggs.

Thank you both! Getting so excited - only 29 more days to go!!!

Anybody going to POFQ in November. Festival of the season at downtown Disney start on Friday, November 15

KimmiP said:
Will will be going to FQ in June 2014. Do you think the MB will be in full swing or still testing? I reallllly want to try them and was thrilled to find out FQ was starting yesterday. :yay:

I really hope so!! We're going at the end of July and into August, and I REALLY want one!

I just made my room request. We are checking into FQ on October 6. WOOO HOOOO only 5 days to go!!!:cool1:::yes::pixiedust:pixiedust:

Ordered our magic bands and did online checkin....59 days. Waiting to do fastpass+ when the rest of the family is here. We will be traveling three generations with two rooms.

MB should be in full swing by the end of the year.

We are scheduled to leave FQ tomorrow (10/2) and have extra bottled water for whoever responds. We will be checking out around 9 so will be checking the boards before that. We can leave it at the desk for you if needed. So sad to be leaving, but had a nice time - though many technical issues - including water that was delivered to the resort the day before we arrived and not getting it until 3 days before we leave - thus extra waters! Still trying to figure out how to personal message on here, so please be patient if you want the water.

LOL. Yes, I've noticed that "some other countries" is how many Americans tend to view the whole of the world that isn't the USA (OK, except Belize in this case, and some Canadians) :) :)

I'm quite used to the odd way that the US writes its dates by now (I'm very careful never to use numeric-only dates anywhere on my website to avoid confusion) but it still doesn't make any sense... Either use little-endian format (small<medium<large, dd/mm/yy) like the UK and most of the rest of the world, or go for big-endian (large>medium>small, yy/mm/dd) which makes sense too (like China, Japan and a small number of other countries - so actually a very large usage by population count). But randomly shuffling the figures around to make some hybrid middle-endian format (medium>small<large, mm/dd/yy) makes no logical sense at all when you think about it.

It's one of those historical things that just got stuck when standards were forming (oddly enough, I believe it was largely down to a notational problem when staff were archiving one of the US President's wife's official letters) and it'd be far too much hassle to correct it now.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country, it's actually very interesting. But kinda off-topic here I guess. :)

Andre

:rotfl: I wish they'd standardize it here (Canada). Depending on what form you're completing it's either dd/mm/Y&Y or yy/mm/dd. I don't know how many times I've filled it out wrong if I'm in a rush and not paying attention

Just curious - anyone have any vegetarian feedback as far as the on site restaurant? I mean, I'm sure I could subsist on beignets alone but just in case...

I have found them quite accommodating. I am not vegetarian as I eat fish but I don't eat any red meat or pork and don't like eggs ......

DD and I will share a bounty platter for breakfast to use up some of our CS credits and have never had a problem having it meat and egg free. They offer another biscuit or extra potatoes, pancake or anything reasonable that we have wanted to sub

Also I have had dinner there many times and asked for a plate of sides as a meal and they have done it with no problem.

The make your own salads are awesome and also, I have ordered the quesadillas with only cheese and no chicken so if you ask, you may be pleasantly surprised :)

Oh and also, they will do an adult portion of the kids mac n cheese :thumbsup2

Festival of the seasons at disney springs released their dates. Nov 15 th they begin holiday festivities. I'm very excited we will get to spend our last few days in the Christmas spirit. 37 dats to go and the knee is healing slowly. Thinking if I use a scooter on resort property and to buzz back n forth to riverside maybe I won't need it or he actual parks .. Praying hard and not missing one day of pt....

We are scheduled to leave FQ tomorrow (10/2) and have extra bottled water for whoever responds. We will be checking out around 9 so will be checking the boards before that. We can leave it at the desk for you if needed. So sad to be leaving, but had a nice time - though many technical issues - including water that was delivered to the resort the day before we arrived and not getting it until 3 days before we leave - thus extra waters! Still trying to figure out how to personal message on here, so please be patient if you want the water.

We will have it- thank you. We are here now. We can use the name Owen. Thank you!

I have found them quite accommodating. I am not vegetarian as I eat fish but I don't eat any red meat or pork and don't like eggs ......

DD and I will share a bounty platter for breakfast to use up some of our CS credits and have never had a problem having it meat and egg free. They offer another biscuit or extra potatoes, pancake or anything reasonable that we have wanted to sub

Also I have had dinner there many times and asked for a plate of sides as a meal and they have done it with no problem.

The make your own salads are awesome and also, I have ordered the quesadillas with only cheese and no chicken so if you ask, you may be pleasantly surprised :)

Oh and also, they will do an adult portion of the kids mac n cheese :thumbsup2

Thanks so much - sounds like we'll do ok eating there ;)

Hello all,

We just left the great POFQ on Sept 27th. We did not receive a bounce back offer which I dismissed as a random event we were not selected for. After reading through the boards it seems that even though I didn't receive a flyer I could have still participated.
Is there anyone who may have stayed around the same time that can verify they were being distributed?
Thank you.

We left the same day! Building 2, rm 2232, corner room river view! Loved every minute of it!!

The bounce back offer was in the "be our guest guide" that was in the room, I believe on the dresser in front of the tv or maybe the table. But either way, the offer is in the booklet. You have to book before you check out though.

Thank you for your response!

Building 4 room 4207. Second floor close to transport, garden view. Exactly what we requested.

I called Disney and they said since I didn't receive a flyer I could call the POFQ front desk (or the pretend number for the front desk) and they could issue issue one to me.

When I called the CM said that the likelihood was the deal was not happening at that time.

Disappointed at the free dining is what we long to get and I know we will be back next September.

We left the same day! Building 2, rm 2232, corner room river view! Loved every minute of it!!

The bounce back offer was in the "be our guest guide" that was in the room, I believe on the dresser in front of the tv or maybe the table. But either way, the offer is in the booklet. You have to book before you check out though.

Is it fd bb ?

Yep! I wish we could have booked it, but there is no way we can go again in a year. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter