Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We leave tonight!! :yay: So excited! I did online check-in and faxed a request for corner room close to transportation. We won't get there until 11pm. Really, whatever we get is fine with us - We are just thrilled to be there!

Originally my DW, DMIL, DSIL and DFIL got a flight out of Indianapolis, IN at 15:05 on Sept. 19th and didn't arrive until 17:40 causing us to change some of our reservations around. Today I got on the Southwest airlines site and there was openings on the 9:50 flight that arrives at 12:05 pm. Needless to say I changed our flights and saved over $200. :) Only 147 more days until we are back "home" at POFQ. The in-laws are staying in a Garden View room and the wife and I are in a King size bed room. If only I could win the lottery before now and then so we could go earlier (or all the time). :)

Just read someplace that there are wheelchairs you can borrow for the entire stay at the front desk. Is that true?

Just read someplace that there are wheelchairs you can borrow for the entire stay at the front desk. Is that true?

They can only be used at the resort and I believe they are first come first serve, not sure if you have to secure their use with a credit card or not.

Hey guys!

I am trying to book a King bed room at the French Quarter and it is just under 180 days and I am already getting the "We are unable to show rates at this time. Please try again or check back later."

Are they already booked solid?? I stayed there a year ago at the same time and booked 3 months ahead with no issue.

Same with restaurant bookings, I auto get a message that no dinners are available 180 days in advanced, even when I log on at 6am!

Spoke with cast member and they said it was booked! Couldn't believe it.

Looks like I am stuck with Coronado Spring or Caribbean resorts.

Starts on Monday, but I don't know how long it will take. It's not a major issue though, it'll just mean that buses depart from the other side of the driveway (left as you walk out of the lobby instead of right). Hopefully someone will upload pics next week.

Andre

We were at POR till last weekend. The bus stops at POFQ were moved to a sectioned off area of the carpark - there were two big white tents so there is some shade/shelter. Sorry no photos!

Got the same thing at Coronado Springs last september, was charged to my credt card at 500$ When I asked about it being at 500$ instead of the usual 1000$, the CM told me they lowered it because of more people not having the 1000$ available on the card (And then they had to try and get the person to pay up...)

Yes - they must have changed the policy from the $1000, because last week we went to pay off our magic band charges, and found out that they had debited our credit card already as the bill had just gone over the $500.00.

Left POFQ yesterday morning after a great week. I have come to the conclusion that POFQ is My Resort - I just love it so much and feel so "at home" there.

I did online check in and direct to room, and it worked great. When I booked on the phone with Disney, I booked Garden View and made a general request for convenient to the main bldg. I did not make any requests during online check in. When I got off the plane at MCO, before I even got to DME, I had a text with my room #: 2204, bldg 2, 2nd floor (I will post pics on the POFQ photo thread this weekend). Great location, especially with the temp bus stops in the bldg 3 parking lot.

As long as I'm staying at POFQ, where I know my way around and don't mind wherever they put me, I would always do online/direct to room.

As you may have noticed, Disney has today released their Free Disney Dining Plan offer to encourage bookings for the slower Autumn/Fall season, valid for visits commencing on selected dates between 28 August 2015 and 21 December 2015.

However, once again, Port Orleans French Quarter has been completely excluded from the offer this year, while Riverside has a few rooms available for the first month only, from 28 August to 2 October.

It's well worth checking to see what other deals are available on the dates you plan to travel, as unless you are a group of 3+ people staying in one room, and are big eaters in the first place, it can sometimes work out cheaper to get a better room-only discount and then pay for food as you go. 'Free' dining isn't always quite the deal it first seems once you crunch the numbers.
Andre

As you may have noticed, Disney has today released their Free Disney Dining Plan offer to encourage bookings for the slower Autumn/Fall season, valid for visits commencing on selected dates between 28 August 2015 and 21 December 2015.

However, once again, Port Orleans French Quarter has been completely excluded from the offer this year, while Riverside has a few rooms available for the first month only, from 28 August to 2 October.

It's well worth checking to see what other deals are available on the dates you plan to travel, as unless you are a group of 3+ people staying in one room, and are big eaters in the first place, it can sometimes work out cheaper to get a better room-only discount and then pay for food as you go. 'Free' dining isn't always quite the deal it first seems once you crunch the numbers.
Andre

I really think it is quite funny to watch everyone lose their minds trying to book to get the free dining. We save much more a day purchasing a military room only reservation and mil tickets. I doubt there are any ADRs left for those dates anyway for people. I hope everyone trying to get in is able to get what they would like, but you wouldn't find me in that crowd. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter