Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

44 days away! I did online check in. We have a riverview room, so I just requested top floor, corner. I saw pics of the corner rooms - so pretty! No biggie if we don't get that, but I would love top floor!! I can't wait to see this resort!

Any news on the the bus pickup area refurb? Is it already underway? How long do they expect this to last?

Starts on Monday, but I don't know how long it will take. It's not a major issue though, it'll just mean that buses depart from the other side of the driveway (left as you walk out of the lobby instead of right). Hopefully someone will upload pics next week.

Andre

im so excited to go!!

ive been to PO: Riverside 4 times but this year is our first FQ trip! i love the food at this resort and the atmosphere the pool bar is awesome too. cannot wait to be back in the Magic!

One question i do have, we are in a standard room at FQ is there a pirticular building number for standard rooms? no view has been specified/paid for just a standard FQ room! thanks any info on this would be appreciated

One question i do have, we are in a standard room at FQ is there a pirticular building number for standard rooms? no view has been specified/paid for just a standard FQ room! thanks any info on this would be appreciated

Could be any building that has rooms facing towards the parking lots, so 1, 3, 4, or 7.

Andre

I'm 43 days away and cannot wait! I opted for the online check in so if you do it, I would love to hear your experience.

You bet! I just completed online check-in; didn't mark any requests. (I made a general request for "convenient to the main bldg" when I originally booked on the phone with Disney, but I'm fine with wherever they put me.) I put 4 pm for my expected arrival time; I figure it will be somewhere between 4 & 5 pm depending on DME. I started rounding up stuff and packing a little today. 1 week to go and I'm doing this: :hyper:

I just booked 1 night at POFQ at the end of my trip! Pop wasn't available by the time I decided we wanted to add a day to my stay there. I've never stayed there before and I can't wait! Did my online check in last night, and since its a one night room only and I'll have my bands, I hope to do the direct to room situation to avoid going to the desk since I'm transferring for just 1 night. Only 33 more days til our trip begins :)

Here are some Food Piccys from my last trip i popped over to FQ for the food,

my wife enjoyed the

• 10665173_10152833954199993_7851094342115827091_n.jpg Chicken Quesadilla - with Dirty Rice and Red Beans

10593117_10152833954384993_643240357282142414_n.jpg

• Pork Po' Boy - with Bean Salad or House-made Chips

and no trip to FQ is not complete without Beignets

1898275_10152833950669993_3031211291655760106_n.jpg

This thread has me so excited for our trip (not that we weren't already excited, of course). It's the first time either of us have ever been to WDW. Only 27 days!

We have 157 more days until our trip. Trip/Anniversary #6 with 4 of the trips staying at POFQ. The other two were at CSR and ASMu. This years trip will be a little different as we have family (my in-laws) coming with us for their first trip in 32 years. They went to WDW on their honeymoon and have not been back since. Funny thing is that my wife is 32 years old.. Hmmmm... :) This will also be their first stay on property, with a dining plan, with park hopper, during the F&W festival, using disney transportation and the infamous magic bands/FP+ system.

Needless to say my wife and I have taken care of all of the ADR's for the trip and will be taking care of the FP+.

9 days until my first stay at POFQ! :hyper:

It's time to do my Single Digit Dance, ya'll! :cutie:

tumblr_mjiwchLxse1s2oay7o1_400.gif

I know that bus transportation runs as late as Downtown Disney is open (2am), but is this true of the water taxi to/from POFQ as well? I am planning on leaving Epcot after Illuminations and taking a bus to DTD and spending a couple hours, and would like to catch the water taxi back to the resort for the night if possible. TIA! :goodvibes

I know that bus transportation runs as late as Downtown Disney is open (2am), but is this true of the water taxi to/from POFQ as well? I am planning on leaving Epcot after Illuminations and taking a bus to DTD and spending a couple hours, and would like to catch the water taxi back to the resort for the night if possible. TIA! :goodvibes

The water taxi does not run as late as buses. I think it ends around 11:30.

And I don't believe there are buses from the parks to DTD. I think you'd have to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to a DTD bus. Maybe someone else can confirm, but my understanding there's nothing direct between DTD and any of the parks.

And I don't believe there are buses from the parks to DTD. I think you'd have to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to a DTD bus. Maybe someone else can confirm, but my understanding there's nothing direct between DTD and any of the parks.

I think that's right. You can take a bus to Saratoga Springs and walk over.

The water taxi does not run as late as buses. I think it ends around 11:30.
Good to know! Thank you! :cutie:

Oh, that's right! I'd totally forgotten that they discontinued bus service between DTD and the parks due to people abusing them to get free parking. Thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup2 I may just scoot out the back door then and catch the bus from the Boardwalk!

Last edited:
I'm so excited!! 47 days until our first trip to WDW! I just upgraded to POFQ from ASMo today and am so thankful we could! I'm looking forward to the more relaxed feel of this resort. We are doing just standard rooms but everywhere seems to be quite nice. Can't wait!!:jester:

I'm so excited!! 47 days until our first trip to WDW! I just upgraded to POFQ from ASMo today and am so thankful we could! I'm looking forward to the more relaxed feel of this resort. We are doing just standard rooms but everywhere seems to be quite nice. Can't wait!!:jester:

this is my first year staying here, but every year i visit the resort, the food is amazingly good! it was also the first place i ever tried gumbo and i loved it! hope you have an amazing trip!

I'm so jealous of everyone heading to the FQ! My all time favorite resort! I'm going this summer, but staying at Coronado Springs:( but I can't turn down a free trip from my mother in law. lol Next year I will be back to FQ!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter