Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Not sure what type of room I would end up with if I specified "near transportation" with a river view room.

[Edit: oops, thought this was a Riverside post]

Most of the River View rooms, being along the riverfront area, then to be farthest from the bus stop, but better for the ferry boat dock. It's a small resort though, so while building 5 or 6 are probably the 'best' locations, you won't do badly anywhere.

Andre

Most of the River View rooms, being along the riverfront area, then to be farthest from the bus stop, but better for the ferry boat dock. It's a small resort though, so while building 5 or 6 are probably the 'best' locations, you won't do badly anywhere.

Andre
Thank you! I was thinking of requesting 5 or 6 anyway. I’ll just see what happens - I’m pretty happy wherever I end up!

I have stayed in Building 6 twice and liked the location. Close to pool and food court plus a nice view.

Andre
We had Building 7 River view twice and had an easy walk to the bus . Just checkout the map on MDE , we walked past the parking view rooms in Building 4 over to the Bus stop.

Has anyone done the paint a wine glass activity at POFQ on Saturdays? I'm interested in knowing what the cost is and what the designs are. That's my arrival day and it sounds like something fun to do around supper time.

Hello all! We are checking into POFQ on Thursday and I am interested in dining at Boatwright's Saturday evening. Has it been your experience that you can typically walk up and be seated or should I make a reservation? Thanks!

Hello all! We are checking into POFQ on Thursday and I am interested in dining at Boatwright's Saturday evening. Has it been your experience that you can typically walk up and be seated or should I make a reservation? Thanks!
If you can get a reservation, I would. That said you can usually also do walkup fairly easily.

We were at FQ in early December. One night we went by and people were waiting at Boatwrights-a lot of people. I was very surprised with the number of people waiting! Because of that, I'd get a reservation, myself, but you might lucky and do a walkup.

I suspect it depends on a load of factors, but I’ve an ADR for 2 of us booked since day 180 for a Sun night on our Feb trip. Two weeks ago a friend decided she’d like to join us that night and there were no open reservations for 3 anywhere around our time in MDE. I called and they were able to fit a third person on the existing reservation but had to move it a few minutes.

If you really want the reservation I’d probably book to avoid disappointment, just in case. You may be fine, but...

DS and I stayed at POR in Nov. We decided on our arrival day that we wanted to eat at Boatwrights, rather than travel anywhere else. I checked for an ADR at about 4:00 and was able to an ADR for 5:45ish (I don't remember exactly.)

Check on what ADR is available before you try a walkup.

Just booked POFQ for May 11-15, 2019! First time at this resort. Have stayed at POR and loved it!

I'm just seeing about opting out of mouse keeping. I'm fine with this but with 4 in my room we will need towels daily.
How do you go about getting towels? Also what benefit is given for doing this?

Just booked POFQ for May 11-15, 2019! First time at this resort. Have stayed at POR and loved it!

I'm just seeing about opting out of mouse keeping. I'm fine with this but with 4 in my room we will need towels daily.
How do you go about getting towels? Also what benefit is given for doing this?
We did this at Pop and received an electronic gift card (sent via email shortly after checking in and setting up with the front desk) for $10/night. You can call Housekeeping for additional towels.

Seeing the chat about the mattresses. We were there in November and LOVED the mattress. Does anyone know what kind of mattresses were used in the renovations? We had ZERO back/body pain while at Disney - even with all of the walking and standing we were doing. First night back home after the honeymoon in November, back and body pain returned. Whatever that mattress is - we need it in our lives! Ha! :cloud9:

Has anyone done the paint a wine glass activity at POFQ on Saturdays? I'm interested in knowing what the cost is and what the designs are. That's my arrival day and it sounds like something fun to do around supper time.

I haven't done it, but still have my recreation calendar from December, and it doesn't list the price - how odd! It does say you "paint two Disney-themed wine glasses to take home" and that a complementary glass of wine is included if you're of age. The limit is 16 people, and the contact number is: 321-347-0750.

We are leaving in 10 days for POFQ.

Can we push the bed closest to the bathroom up against the wall?

I know that we can order bed rails. But they don't look like the ones that lock together.

Thanks!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter