Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I haven’t stayed at FQ since 2017, before the most recent room refurbishment. What has changed about the rooms since then? Just new soft goods? Are the rooms still carpeted? Have they removed showered curtains and installed doors around the tubs like Pop Century?

I haven’t stayed at FQ since 2017, before the most recent room refurbishment. What has changed about the rooms since then? Just new soft goods? Are the rooms still carpeted? Have they removed showered curtains and installed doors around the tubs like Pop Century?

No more carpet. We really liked having the vinyl. There were still shower curtains. Primarily soft goods, I believe.

No more carpet. We really liked having the vinyl. There were still shower curtains. Primarily soft goods, I believe.

Thank you! I have been searching for photos of the new rooms but haven’t found any yet. Are the mattresses new too and comfortable?

Thank you! I have been searching for photos of the new rooms but haven’t found any yet. Are the mattresses new too and comfortable?

I think there are pics earlier on this thread and on the port orleans website. I’m not sure I took any. The mattresses are new. I didn’t sleep well on them, but I think they were comfy. Plush.

We are at POFQ right now and we love the room! Vinyl floor (I much prefer them to carpet) and shower curtain for the tub.

Quick 1 night stay on 12/30.
Pro's:
Super comfy beds
Room seemed spacious with solid floors
Everything new
Upgraded to river view free
Shower curtain brand new
Pretty & quaint
Parked close to room
Big TV

Con's:
Bathroom VERY dirty (hair, grit, etc)
FLOORS Gross
AC extremely loud
Connecting room very loud (guests)

We are at POFQ right now and we love the room! Vinyl floor (I much prefer them to carpet) and shower curtain for the tub.
Curious if you can hear any guests above you. That was my main concern when they went to the vinyl flooring. I haven't stayed since they took out the carpeting so wondering if I should request a higher floor for my February visit, or if ground floor which I much prefer is still fairly quiet in regards to people walking above.

Curious if you can hear any guests above you. That was my main concern when they went to the vinyl flooring. I haven't stayed since they took out the carpeting so wondering if I should request a higher floor for my February visit, or if ground floor which I much prefer is still fairly quiet in regards to people walking above.
We are on the ground floor right now. We’ve been here 8 days so far. I heard the pitter patter of little feet for the first time this morning. It wasn’t loud at all. It’s been very quiet so far. I really haven’t heard any neighbours at all.

We are on the ground floor right now. We’ve been here 8 days so far. I heard the pitter patter of little feet for the first time this morning. It wasn’t loud at all. It’s been very quiet so far. I really haven’t heard any neighbours at all.
So glad to hear this, I was wondering the same thing.

Mattresses are new and comfortable, but getting into the bed is difficult if you are short. I am 5'1.5" and have back and knee problems, so I had a very hard time.

We are on the ground floor and I haven’t heard any sound from above us or next door.

Getting ready to check out after 12 days.....I seriously love this place!!!!!!

We’ve been to all the deluxes to check out the Christmas decorations, but POFQ is my favourite resort to be for Christmas and New Years. It’s so calm after a hectic day in the park, the decorations are beautiful and I love the jazzy Christmas music. :)

...POFQ is my favourite resort to be for Christmas and New Years. It’s so calm after a hectic day in the park, the decorations are beautiful and I love the jazzy Christmas music.

I agree with this. DH and I were at POFQ for nine days in early December. It's so nice to come back to the resort after a busy day in the parks. We love French Quarter!

Does POFQ have pizza delivery to your room or room service? My youngest really wants "room service". Thanks!

Online check-in just became available for my late January arrival at POFQ. This is the first time I've seen options for specifying location - I can specify "near transportation" and/or "corner room." I was thinking of putting "near transportation," but I had also considered requesting a waterway view (since that is my category) via fax. Not sure what type of room I would end up with if I specified "near transportation" with a river view room.

I'm conflicted about doing online check-in location requests, fax, or both. What are people's thoughts and experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter