Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Quick question please and thanks. If I opt out of mousekeeping where do I put my trash? Do I leave it outside my door for them to collect or is there a dumpster we can put it in?

Same with used towels. We’ll probably want one change. I know we can ask for fresh ones, but is there somewhere I should leave the used ones?

Thanks.

Today was FP day. 59 days to go now. Getting excited. This has been a long while planning.

Quick question . . . We are flying in and will land at 9pm. How late does baggage delivery go? I know that if we arrive 10pm or later that we have to grab our bags, but at what point do they stop delivering bags to your room?

Only 3 more days until I’m back home!!

Quick question please and thanks. If I opt out of mousekeeping where do I put my trash? Do I leave it outside my door for them to collect or is there a dumpster we can put it in?

Same with used towels. We’ll probably want one change. I know we can ask for fresh ones, but is there somewhere I should leave the used ones?

Thanks.

Today was FP day. 59 days to go now. Getting excited. This has been a long while planning.

I’m here now and I’ve opted out of housekeeping. I’m going to scope out the closest garbage can to my room for my garbage. Towels, I’ll just drop off to a maid cart when I see one. I don’t leave anything outside my room because I hate seeing people’s garbage, food, towels, etc... laying outside their door.

I’m here now and I’ve opted out of housekeeping. I’m going to scope out the closest garbage can to my room for my garbage. Towels, I’ll just drop off to a maid cart when I see one. I don’t leave anything outside my room because I hate seeing people’s garbage, food, towels, etc... laying outside their door.
Thanks. That’s my feeling about leaving things outside the room, but I wasn’t sure what was going expected.

On a similar note on our last stay there (also our first onsite stay) we came back late one night to several bags of trash in front of our door and the door next to us. We called mousekeeping. We thought it may have been from next door moving out or something. When the mousekeeping manager came she apologised profusely and acknowledged it was their error. Apparently Mousekeeping leaves the trash out there when finished and a trash cart is supposed to come along right away and collect it up. Somehow that didn’t happen.

But because I know how it looked when we returned to it, I didn’t want to leave ours out there.

If you find a dumpster that guests can access please come back and let me know, thanks :)

Quick question . . . We are flying in and will land at 9pm. How late does baggage delivery go? I know that if we arrive 10pm or later that we have to grab our bags, but at what point do they stop delivering bags to your room?

There isn't one.

I switched from Pop to POFQ about a week ago and have been on the phone pretty much everyday since then sorting out one problem or another because of it. I'm going to have so many beignets to make up for it!

Thinking of booking here with teens---is the pool ok? We've stayed at POR but it was too shady for our taste. Our fave is CSR but wanting to try something new.

Thinking of booking here with teens---is the pool ok? We've stayed at POR but it was too shady for our taste. Our fave is CSR but wanting to try something new.
My teen loves it here, but that has more to do with the food court and small size. Hes not a huge fan of the pool, and he admits the slide is pretty lame. That said, given the choice between WL and POFQ, both boys chose POFQ. For our summer trip, BW or YC is their choice when the pool is more important to them.

Thanks. That’s my feeling about leaving things outside the room, but I wasn’t sure what was going expected.

On a similar note on our last stay there (also our first onsite stay) we came back late one night to several bags of trash in front of our door and the door next to us. We called mousekeeping. We thought it may have been from next door moving out or something. When the mousekeeping manager came she apologised profusely and acknowledged it was their error. Apparently Mousekeeping leaves the trash out there when finished and a trash cart is supposed to come along right away and collect it up. Somehow that didn’t happen.

But because I know how it looked when we returned to it, I didn’t want to leave ours out there.

If you find a dumpster that guests can access please come back and let me know, thanks :)
I’m happy to report there are plenty of garbage cans near enough all guest rooms and so far the ones that we’ve used have been cleaned out daily. :)

How late is the food court open? My flight lands at 9:45 pm and I'm hoping I can get something to eat when I arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!