Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Great, thanks for that. I assumed they would be running a combined service from 17 March, but Disney's press release was a bit muddled on that subject (what's new there?). I assume the return trip is the same bus, so it would drop at FQ first and then Riverside South?

Andre

Yes, we just got back. It was a little confusing because they haven’t updated the board of the busses outside of Blizzard Beach, but bus stop 5 was the the stop for Port Orleans. When we boarded (we were the only family on the bus), he asked Riverside or FQ and took us straight back. I’m assuming it’s one bus for both resorts, stopping first at FQ.

Last edited:
I’m assuming it’s one bus for both resorts, stopping first at FQ.

Yes, that's what I assumed from the rather badly phrased initial release from Disney a week ago, glad I got it right. Knowing the route order is very helpful though, thanks for the update.

Andre

They have a scavenger hunt for different music notes with clues based on different Disney films. Just ask for a sheet at Guest Services. You fill in the sheet with the location and film for each of the notes and bring it back for a small prize. We received buttons saying we played the game. You can take as long as you like to complete the hunt. We did so over the course of our stay.
Thank you :-)

Could someone tell me who is there now what Refillable mugs are being offered. There will be 5 of us, hoping for different designs and colors.

It's oddly random for whatever reason.
Some trips they mention it, some they've even called us on my cell to offer it.
Offered or not, just ask, you can always opt in.
We were offered at check-in, but we also had a message waiting on our in-room phone telling us about it and where to call if we wanted it. We had already accepted.

Staying at FQ for the first time this August and really looking forward to it. One question I have is, Does FQ have dedicated buses to the parks or will we be sharing buses with Riverside? TIA
We shared once with Riverside around 2:30pm to HS at the end of Feb. And I think we shared a couple of times going back at the end of the night (I don’t remember which parks).

We never shared during busy morning times.

We've just booked a mommy/daughter trip for mid-October and staying at POFQ. :banana: We've stayed at Riverside a couple of times, but thought we'd try a different vibe while still venturing over to Riverside for some things, like YeHaw Bob, a visit to a rock my daughter dubbed 'turtle rock' :rotfl:(outside of the Mill on the way to the preferred section), Hammocks/Pool time, etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Minnie Vans can be summoned to/from POFQ? I assume so since they operate through the Lyft app, but we used them 1-2 times at Poly last August (between TL/Poly and BC/Poly) so not sure if it is just a Deluxe thing?

We've just booked a mommy/daughter trip for mid-October and staying at POFQ. :banana: We've stayed at Riverside a couple of times, but thought we'd try a different vibe while still venturing over to Riverside for some things, like YeHaw Bob, a visit to a rock my daughter dubbed 'turtle rock' :rotfl:(outside of the Mill on the way to the preferred section), Hammocks/Pool time, etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Minnie Vans can be summoned to/from POFQ? I assume so since they operate through the Lyft app, but we used them 1-2 times at Poly last August (between TL/Poly and BC/Poly) so not sure if it is just a Deluxe thing?
I’ve never tried, but I guarantee it’s not just a deluxe thing!

Ahhhh I’m so excited for my May stay! I’ve done riverside but not FQ and I can’t wait. This is the hardest part of waiting for a vacation when it’s so close but still far ❤️

So true! There's a flurry of planning when you first decide to go, then that looooong stretch in between, then all of a sudden it's almost time.

Yes you can use Minnie vans at POFQ

I will be staying at POFQ in June. I'll be travelling with my brother's family. We both have garden view rooms. What's the best way to request rooms that are close together?

I will be staying at POFQ in June. I'll be travelling with my brother's family. We both have garden view rooms. What's the best way to request rooms that are close together?
Pretty sure by either calling/faxing before you go. I think people have said more like 5 days before or so?

What's the best way to request rooms that are close together?
Agree with Pepperoni; the best way to request rooms that are close together is to call as soon as you book and send a fax about 5 days before you arrive.

Agree with Pepperoni; the best way to request rooms that are close together is to call as soon as you book and send a fax about 5 days before you arrive.

Also, make sure that the two room reservations are linked in the reservations system and showing as "travelling with".

Andre

Thank you all for your responses. Where would one find the number to fax to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts