Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We're trying to decide between PO and BW for our trip in October. Both are beautiful from the pictures, but I've only been to BW to walk around. What are some highlights from POFQ?

New Orleans theming, fresh beignets, horse drawn carriages, small footprint (easy to walk anywhere), closeness to Riverside (and can share restaurants, pools, and shops, and entertainment), the boat to Disney Springs...

Debating between here and the Wilderness Lodge. It will be my wife and 2 year old son. 1 day at MK and 1 day at AK and a couple pool days. Anyone prefer one over the other?

Debating between here and the Wilderness Lodge. It will be my wife and 2 year old son. 1 day at MK and 1 day at AK and a couple pool days. Anyone prefer one over the other?
if you're spending time at the pool stay at wilderness their pool is AMAZING

Does anyone know if the food court or pool bar sell Blue Moon?

Or how I’d find out?

Does anyone know if the food court or pool bar sell Blue Moon?

Or how I’d find out?
They did not have it in the food court during our trip in February.
The way to find out is to ask someone to go look near your trip. They can change

For anyone that is at POFQ now, can you tell me if they have the white Cinderella Castle magicband in the giftshop? I plan on buying one on arrival, but if they don't have it at POFQ, I'll wait until I get to MK the next day.
I did not see it in the gift shop :(

Does anyone know if the fun run is a permanent feature? We are there in August and I’d love to pretend I’m doing a runDisney race (reminiscing to pre children days!)

We're trying to decide between PO and BW for our trip in October. Both are beautiful from the pictures, but I've only been to BW to walk around. What are some highlights from POFQ?
The pictures don't lie - POFQ is beautiful! I particularly enjoyed strolling along the path beside the river as the sun rose in the morning. Staying there felt very relaxed for us.

We stayed there for the first time in February. As already noted, it is compact, so none of the rooms are very far from the central building. It is also fairly small (# of rooms), so despite its compactness it did not feel crowded or too busy. We thought the food court was very convenient, with some nods to the theming in the offerings, and efficient. PO Riverside is only a short walk away (just a few minutes) if you are interested in some variety or evening entertainment, and the boat to Disney Springs is an enjoyable and convenient option. The buses to the parks were efficient, EPCOT and MK in particular are short rides (although of course not nearly as convenient as strolling over to EPCOT from BW).

We checked in yesterday with a reservation for a king room . Found out our room was a 1st floor HA king room and wasn’t too thrilled as we didn’t need a HA room . We just figured we would deal it, with as we got a 30% off AP discount on the room , and not complain . Got to the room , and we actually LOVE it . The walk in (roll in) shower is AWESOME ! The lower bed height is a plus , and plenty of railings in the large open bathroom to hang stuff , lol . Nice REAL pocket style bathroom door instead of a curtain too . All in all , we love this room ! We are in building 3 , so a very close walk to everything .

This happened to DH once when he was traveling for business (not at WDW) and he ended up really liking it as well. Now he hopes for one!

Here now. Have not seen the new mugs here at POFQ but I did get one at Poly yesterday. The CM said they had been out for only 3 hours and it looked like there were about 10 left. They only the ones with a black lid but CM said they were expecting more of the same mugs with red lids this week. She also said they would be getting mugs with pink and green lids with a Pixar design but she wasn't sure when they would arrive.

That is so cute!

The pictures don't lie - POFQ is beautiful! I particularly enjoyed strolling along the path beside the river as the sun rose in the morning. Staying there felt very relaxed for us.

We stayed there for the first time in February. As already noted, it is compact, so none of the rooms are very far from the central building. It is also fairly small (# of rooms), so despite its compactness it did not feel crowded or too busy. We thought the food court was very convenient, with some nods to the theming in the offerings, and efficient. PO Riverside is only a short walk away (just a few minutes) if you are interested in some variety or evening entertainment, and the boat to Disney Springs is an enjoyable and convenient option. The buses to the parks were efficient, EPCOT and MK in particular are short rides (although of course not nearly as convenient as strolling over to EPCOT from BW).
You can also take the boat between POFQ and POR if you don't want to walk. :)

Hubby and I just booked a last minute trip to POFQ, checking in on April 7. Woohoo, so excited. Question - do the pool chairs go quick? I know that we can use the pools at Riverside as well but was wondering how the chair situation is at FQ. Thanks.

Hubby and I just booked a last minute trip to POFQ, checking in on April 7. Woohoo, so excited. Question - do the pool chairs go quick? I know that we can use the pools at Riverside as well but was wondering how the chair situation is at FQ. Thanks.

We had no issues in mid-June. There are several areas. We actually preferred one further away from the pool. We didn’t take stuff with us to the pool other than flip flops and cover ups, so it was fine for us to have our stuff out of sight.

The Sunday morning Beignet Run has been an activity for quite a while now, and while these sort of things can change on a monthly basis, I would think it's a fairly safe bet that they will continue doing it for the time being at least.

Andre
Thank you so much, I know it’s not a guarantee but exciting it’s been running for a while!

Been to the pool a few times and have never seen every chair taken. Usually a nice mix open, from the poolside ones to the more quiet ones in the back.

Back on the disboards!!! :-)

Quick question regarding the number of people in a POFQ room! Are you allowed to have a 5th sleeper in a room, at extra charge of course?

I know some hotels will let you have a 5th sleeper for like 10$ extra per night, and I can't remember if Disney allows that.

Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter