Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER Resort Information and Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 28, 2013.

1. CanadianAli

CanadianAli Mouseketeer

Yup...finishes at midnight every day.

grumpy28 likes this.
  2. grumpy28

grumpy28 DIS Veteran

Thank you!

CanadianAli likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

[Edit: oops, thought this was a Riverside post]

Most of the River View rooms, being along the riverfront area, then to be farthest from the bus stop, but better for the ferry boat dock. It's a small resort though, so while building 5 or 6 are probably the 'best' locations, you won't do badly anywhere.

Andre

mamabunny and Pdollar88 like this.
  5. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I was thinking of requesting 5 or 6 anyway. I’ll just see what happens - I’m pretty happy wherever I end up!

6. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

I have stayed in Building 6 twice and liked the location. Close to pool and food court plus a nice view.

7. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

We had Building 7 River view twice and had an easy walk to the bus . Just checkout the map on MDE , we walked past the parking view rooms in Building 4 over to the Bus stop.

8. Tinkershelly

Tinkershelly <font color=royalblue>DisneyWorld trip winner!<br>

Has anyone done the paint a wine glass activity at POFQ on Saturdays? I'm interested in knowing what the cost is and what the designs are. That's my arrival day and it sounds like something fun to do around supper time.

kylieh likes this.
  9. leholcomb

leholcomb Mouseketeer

Hello all! We are checking into POFQ on Thursday and I am interested in dining at Boatwright's Saturday evening. Has it been your experience that you can typically walk up and be seated or should I make a reservation? Thanks!

10. Sarahraegraham

Sarahraegraham Mouseketeer

If you can get a reservation, I would. That said you can usually also do walkup fairly easily.

11. Debbie

Debbie DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours

We were at FQ in early December. One night we went by and people were waiting at Boatwrights-a lot of people. I was very surprised with the number of people waiting! Because of that, I'd get a reservation, myself, but you might lucky and do a walkup.

12. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

I suspect it depends on a load of factors, but I’ve an ADR for 2 of us booked since day 180 for a Sun night on our Feb trip. Two weeks ago a friend decided she’d like to join us that night and there were no open reservations for 3 anywhere around our time in MDE. I called and they were able to fit a third person on the existing reservation but had to move it a few minutes.

If you really want the reservation I’d probably book to avoid disappointment, just in case. You may be fine, but...

13. winterman

winterman DIS Veteran

DS and I stayed at POR in Nov. We decided on our arrival day that we wanted to eat at Boatwrights, rather than travel anywhere else. I checked for an ADR at about 4:00 and was able to an ADR for 5:45ish (I don't remember exactly.)

Check on what ADR is available before you try a walkup.

chelynnah likes this.
  14. JenMac10

JenMac10 Earning My Ears

Just booked POFQ for May 11-15, 2019! First time at this resort. Have stayed at POR and loved it!

I'm just seeing about opting out of mouse keeping. I'm fine with this but with 4 in my room we will need towels daily.
    How do you go about getting towels? Also what benefit is given for doing this?

15. MonaMN

MonaMN DIS Veteran

We did this at Pop and received an electronic gift card (sent via email shortly after checking in and setting up with the front desk) for $10/night. You can call Housekeeping for additional towels.

16. Cordy2424

Cordy2424 Mouseketeer

Seeing the chat about the mattresses. We were there in November and LOVED the mattress. Does anyone know what kind of mattresses were used in the renovations? We had ZERO back/body pain while at Disney - even with all of the walking and standing we were doing. First night back home after the honeymoon in November, back and body pain returned. Whatever that mattress is - we need it in our lives! Ha! :cloud9:

17. peeperino

peeperino Earning My Ears

Will the safe in the room hold a laptop? Or is too small?

Thanks!

18. andrewilley

The new safes after the refurbs are a bit bigger than the old one and should take a reasonable sized laptop. The old ones were more tablet sized.

Andre

marcyleecorgan and peeperino like this.
  19. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

I haven't done it, but still have my recreation calendar from December, and it doesn't list the price - how odd! It does say you "paint two Disney-themed wine glasses to take home" and that a complementary glass of wine is included if you're of age. The limit is 16 people, and the contact number is: 321-347-0750.

20. TD1516

TD1516 Earning My Ears

We are leaving in 10 days for POFQ.

Can we push the bed closest to the bathroom up against the wall?

I know that we can order bed rails. But they don't look like the ones that lock together.

Thanks!!!!!!

21. andrewilley

Now that they've removed the solid metal underbed bases, I would think you could try.

Andre