Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER Resort Information and Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 28, 2013.

1. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

Quick question please and thanks. If I opt out of mousekeeping where do I put my trash? Do I leave it outside my door for them to collect or is there a dumpster we can put it in?

Same with used towels. We’ll probably want one change. I know we can ask for fresh ones, but is there somewhere I should leave the used ones?

Thanks.

Today was FP day. 59 days to go now. Getting excited. This has been a long while planning.

2. mum22girlz

mum22girlz Mouseketeer

Quick question . . . We are flying in and will land at 9pm. How late does baggage delivery go? I know that if we arrive 10pm or later that we have to grab our bags, but at what point do they stop delivering bags to your room?

Only 3 more days until I’m back home!!

mamabunny and Tiggal like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I’m here now and I’ve opted out of housekeeping. I’m going to scope out the closest garbage can to my room for my garbage. Towels, I’ll just drop off to a maid cart when I see one. I don’t leave anything outside my room because I hate seeing people’s garbage, food, towels, etc... laying outside their door.

DoryGirl1963 and StageTek like this.
  5. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

Thanks. That’s my feeling about leaving things outside the room, but I wasn’t sure what was going expected.

On a similar note on our last stay there (also our first onsite stay) we came back late one night to several bags of trash in front of our door and the door next to us. We called mousekeeping. We thought it may have been from next door moving out or something. When the mousekeeping manager came she apologised profusely and acknowledged it was their error. Apparently Mousekeeping leaves the trash out there when finished and a trash cart is supposed to come along right away and collect it up. Somehow that didn’t happen.

But because I know how it looked when we returned to it, I didn’t want to leave ours out there.

If you find a dumpster that guests can access please come back and let me know, thanks :)

6. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

There are trash cans near every elevator. That's where we drop our trash.

chelynnah likes this.
  7. Animal

Animal Mouseketeer

Great place for dirty diapers.

8. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

There isn't one.

9. mum22girlz

mum22girlz Mouseketeer

Thanks!

10. peeperino

peeperino Earning My Ears

I switched from Pop to POFQ about a week ago and have been on the phone pretty much everyday since then sorting out one problem or another because of it. I'm going to have so many beignets to make up for it!

MarBee likes this.
  11. mamabunny

mamabunny DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here :) May your day be peaceful and warm.

12. bluecastle

bluecastle DIS Veteran

Have a joyful day!

IMG_5470.JPG

13. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

We're excited, reservations made for POFQ February 2020! Thanks for the info in this thread so far!

soccermom54, mamabunny and MarBee like this.
  14. Tallent

Tallent DIS Veteran

Thinking of booking here with teens---is the pool ok? We've stayed at POR but it was too shady for our taste. Our fave is CSR but wanting to try something new.

15. stephd219

stephd219 Mouseketeer

My teen loves it here, but that has more to do with the food court and small size. Hes not a huge fan of the pool, and he admits the slide is pretty lame. That said, given the choice between WL and POFQ, both boys chose POFQ. For our summer trip, BW or YC is their choice when the pool is more important to them.

Tallent likes this.
  16. Tallent

Tallent DIS Veteran

We ended up finding a passholder rate at CSR so went back there--FQ goes back to on our bucket list!

MarBee likes this.
  17. Disneylover99

I’m happy to report there are plenty of garbage cans near enough all guest rooms and so far the ones that we’ve used have been cleaned out daily. :)

chelynnah and bluecastle like this.
  18. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

Great, thanks so much. We’ll just do a daily trash drop then. It’ll make things easy.

19. Disneylover99

20. isabellea

isabellea Combining beach and Disney!

Thank you! We should be at POFQ in 2 hours for our New Year trip and our plan for NYE is to stay at the resort!!

21. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

How late is the food court open? My flight lands at 9:45 pm and I'm hoping I can get something to eat when I arrive.