Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'm really not sure whether I should request a refurb room or a non-refurb room in March. I've never stayed at POFQ before, and while it will be nice to get fresh and clean rooms... I'm afraid they'll get rid of all of the theming. Hmm.

To be brutally honest, with the change to all-white bed linen these days there isn't that much theming left inside the rooms anyway apart from the curtains, and I'm sure they will be replaced with new themed styles anyway. I'd request a newly refurbed room I think.

Andre

Gotta agree...having come back from a trip earlier this month, i didn't see much theming in the room itself.

It seems that they are really getting away from in-room theming. We stayed at Beach Club last fall, and while it was very comfy and beautiful (until I turned on my backlight and looked at the carpeting - YUK), it was a mostly generic deluxe room....there were very pretty framed art works of beach scenes on the walls and some seashells on the window curtain and maybe a hidden Mickey or two - it all runs together after awhile.

I'm sure with the number of warm bodies that occupy these rooms yearly, things get run down very quickly, and it is just more economical to have lots of basic items, rather than individual items for each resort. I do miss the uniqueness that set Disney resorts apart, though.

Not for the flooring, at most all you should need is a rubber mallet. But you will need a hammer for the base boards:)
Maybe we should take it to the disboards DIY forum! ;) I have to admit I admire the laminates at Costco all the time, but I've never installed any!

Do the rooms at POFQ still have the mini toiletries or did that change to refillable pumps like I saw month back at Riverside?

Do the rooms at POFQ still have the mini toiletries or did that change to refillable pumps like I saw month back at Riverside?
My kids were there in mid-December and got the full size toiletries (not the minis).

Ooh, good to know re: theming. In that case, I'll have to request a refurbished room!

(Also glad to hear they haven't switched to the refillable pumps yet...)

My kids were there in mid-December and got the full size toiletries (not the minis).

We stayed at POFQ from 29th Dec - 5th January. We were in room 7328 and were left individual soaps and the small tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion which were replenished frequently. No large refillable pumps in our rooms. Perhaps that will come with the current refurbs?

Mrs TT

Can you walk from French Quarter to Riverside? According to google maps, it's a 10 minute walk from the main building in FQ to the main building in Riverside. It also seems to be a path along the river that goes all the way there. I just want to make sure there is no major road to cross or some block in the way.

Also, do you think it might make sense to walk over there to catch the bus when the buses are shared? Instead of picking it up at FQ and sitting as it goes all the way around Riverside. I'm not sure how long it takes to go around the whole resort.

Can you walk from French Quarter to Riverside? According to google maps, it's a 10 minute walk from the main building in FQ to the main building in Riverside. It also seems to be a path along the river that goes all the way there. I just want to make sure there is no major road to cross or some block in the way.

Also, do you think it might make sense to walk over there to catch the bus when the buses are shared? Instead of picking it up at FQ and sitting as it goes all the way around Riverside. I'm not sure how long it takes to go around the whole resort.
Yes you can and it's very easy paved path along the river. I would not walk to POR to catch the bus though. Not sure that makes any sense. It comes to FQ first. It could be full by the time it got to POR. I mean, why walk to POR (walking more steps) when you can sit on a bus? What am I missing?

Yes you can and it's very easy paved path along the river. I would not walk to POR to catch the bus though. Not sure that makes any sense. It comes to FQ first. It could be full by the time it got to POR. I mean, why walk to POR (walking more steps) when you can sit on a bus? What am I missing?

I guess I'm thinking that I WON'T have to sit on the bus for longer. I could take a walk and then sit on the bus for a shorter amount of time.

Also, it could potentially be quicker depending on how long the bus takes to get around the resort. Like if I just missed a bus at FQ, could I walk over to POR and pick it up there before it left that resort.

But, you right, it could be full and that wouldn't be good. Although, as long as I could get on, I don't mind standing.

We don't find they shared buses very often at all. I believe the only times we shared was going to/from AK.
But, no harm in testing your theory if you wanted to.

We stayed at POFQ from 29th Dec - 5th January. We were in room 7328 and were left individual soaps and the small tubes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion which were replenished frequently. No large refillable pumps in our rooms. Perhaps that will come with the current refurbs?

Mrs TT
Lucky you. When we were there Dec 31-jan 4, we never had anything replinished, including coffee. Afterward I kinda wished we would have declined housekeeping and gotten cards.

CaI was n you walk from French Quarter to Riverside? According to google maps, it's a 10 minute walk from the main building in FQ to the main building in Riverside. It also seems to be a path along the river that goes all the way there. I just want to make sure there is no major road to cross or some block in the way.

While we were there (we stayed at FQ) we only shared a bus once and i believe it was coming from Disney Springs. I wouldnt think it'd be worth it to just walk over for the bus. I mean tour the grounds or go to the cafe, sure, but I don't think it necessary for transportation.

Does the French Quarter have the Monitors to inform you when your buses will arrive to go to the various Parks?

Going for my first stay @ POFQ 2/3-2/10. Usually stay at Value - Pop or at Wilderness Lodge. I was able to stay in refurbed room at Pop in October & loved the new beds. An earlier poster stated that the beds at PO were hard. Are they hard like what used to be at Pop? Just a little concerned due to recently diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in the spine & bone spurs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter