Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

How late does the Food Court stay open? Flight doesn’t arrive in MCO until around 8:30 pm, so by the time we get to the resort it may be close to 9:30.

Thanks for the link. I’m hoping to just grab a salad or sandwich since it will be so late!
The carving station is really good... you may want to debate with yourself about waiting the 5-10 mins for truly hot and fresh food that you *could* pack up and take to your room... because MMMM po'boys and jambalaya...
I seem to recall take-away boxes and plastic tableware near the soda station! :)

So excited! I was able to piece together a last minute trip in December and will be staying at POFQ! I have wanted to see this resort for the longest time. Can't wait to eat at Sassagoula Floatworks and get some beignets!

Does anyone have the current online check-in room options?
I read further up in this thread that there's something wrong with the website. I checked my reservation and both option 1 and 2 were blank. I don't know for sure what the options should be but something like upper floor, lower floor, close to elevator, close to transportation, and maybe corner room?

I don't know for sure what the options should be but something like upper floor, lower floor, close to elevator, close to transportation, and maybe corner room?

Yes, that's roughly what you usually get, or some variation on that depending on what mood the website is in on the day. Nothing especially useful anyway, and definitely no free-form text area.

Andre

I have to say I was most disappointed with my recent trip on Oct 26-Nov2. This was my 6th time staying here. Before we arrived I had talked to 3 different people and requested building 4 and they each said it was noted on my reservation and I also signed in on line. We drove and got there around 2 and since I never got a text that our room was ready I decided to check in at the front desk. Well they told me there was no request on my reservation about which building I had requested and that it also showed that I had not checked in on line. I told them that this was my 6th time staying here and never had this problem before, so they put me in building 7 and changed us to building 4 they next day. I did not like the change to the eating area either, it seems so much smaller and selection is also smaller, we actually went to Riverside to eat one day and the selection is so much nicer. I have to say I am also glad they are going to update the rooms, while they are still good and had no problem sleeping they do need to update their linens, ours had stains on them. The shampoo, etc are sea marine and are in medium size tubes. I also got a credit for not having room service and I got a gift card for $60 for 7 nights. I guess you get less at a moderate. These things will not deter from staying here again but next fall I have made a reservation for Riverside.

I have to say I was most disappointed with my recent trip on Oct 26-Nov2. This was my 6th time staying here. Before we arrived I had talked to 3 different people and requested building 4 and they each said it was noted on my reservation and I also signed in on line. We drove and got there around 2 and since I never got a text that our room was ready I decided to check in at the front desk. Well they told me there was no request on my reservation about which building I had requested and that it also showed that I had not checked in on line. I told them that this was my 6th time staying here and never had this problem before, so they put me in building 7 and changed us to building 4 they next day. I did not like the change to the eating area either, it seems so much smaller and selection is also smaller, we actually went to Riverside to eat one day and the selection is so much nicer. I have to say I am also glad they are going to update the rooms, while they are still good and had no problem sleeping they do need to update their linens, ours had stains on them. The shampoo, etc are sea marine and are in medium size tubes. I also got a credit for not having room service and I got a gift card for $60 for 7 nights. I guess you get less at a moderate. These things will not deter from staying here again but next fall I have made a reservation for Riverside.
Thanks for the report- I will be sure to screenshot MDE before arrival. Never faxed a request before, but if the phone notes aren't showing maybe I should?

Yes I think that would be a good idea. I have stayed at deluxe, moderate and value, gone at least twice a year for about 10 years, and never had this happen to me before. Good luck!

Recommendation is always to fax. Of course that is totally up to availability even then but we've always been accommodated.
Personally we love POFQ because it is smaller and the food court is always nice and quiet. We went up to Riverside just for a change but really hated the huge and very noisy food court. Good job we are all different so there is something for everyone's needs out there.

Thanks for the report- I will be sure to screenshot MDE before arrival. Never faxed a request before, but if the phone notes aren't showing maybe I should?
Recommended always to fax. Of course it is still just a request but we've always been lucky and received pixie dust!

I'm sorry you had such a disappointing time. POFQ has always been my favorite resort behind AKL. Hopefully POR will suit you better. I have never stayed there but the grounds sure are lovely.

How odd your requests never showed up. I wonder what could have happened to them? Off to call and make sure mine are still attached!

Now that the Housekeeping offer is down to $10 a night, to me, it doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Yeah, I don't ask for anything too specific & faxing seems SO archaic/extra, but maybe we should this time.
I had to go to an office services to send mine as nobody has fax now! Only cost a very small amount. Disney certainly aren't keeping up with their IT but we still love them :)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this resort or I wouldn't have stayed there 6 times and I will be staying in the future, it is my favorite moderate. I just decided to try Riverside next fall is because I am surprising my niece who has never stayed on property and I think the grounds at Riverside are beautiful. Who knows I might switch back before my trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter