Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

My DD and her family are staying at FQ in November. They want to ship water down using Amazon Prime. Is this ok and how should the package be addressed?
Thanks so much :goodvibes

Also does anyone know if they sell cases of water in the gift shop and how much?

For mailing details, see http://www.portorleans.org/services.php/#Mail

Yes they do sell cases of water, but only small ones now (8 x 12oz bottles for $3.99)

Andre

Considering POFQ for the first part of a split stay with BC in June and I just have a few questions:

How far is the walk between POFQ and POR?
How late does the boat to DS run?
What time does the food court open for coffee?
Do they have those massive slices of pizza at the food court?

Last edited:
Considering POFQ for the first part of a split stay with BC in June and I just have a few questions:

The walk is about 10 minutes or so. The boats stop around 11:00pm , but the buses run later.
I know the foodcourt is serving food by 7:00am but I believe they may open at 6:00am for grab and go so coffee should be running by then.

Forgot to add if you haven't already checkout www.portorleans.org for info on both PO Resorts. We walk up to POR every trip several times no matter which building we have been located.

The walk is about 10 minutes or so. The boats stop around 11:00pm , but the buses run later.
I know the foodcourt is serving food by 7:00am but I believe they may open at 6:00am for grab and go so coffee should be running by then.

Coffee can be collected from the beverage machines area, which is often available outside of the regular food court hours too. Last boat back from Disney Springs is 11:30, but the buses run a couple of hours longer.

As for the walk from POR to POFQ, I've posted this before but it's a handy guide:

Andre

Coffee can be collected from the beverage machines area, which is often available outside of the regular food court hours too. Last boat back from Disney Springs is 11:30, but the buses run a couple of hours longer.

As for the walk from POR to POFQ, I've posted this before but it's a handy guide:

Andre

Great video - thanks! Can you take a boat from POFQ to POR or does it go straight to DS from POFQ?

Great video - thanks! Can you take a boat from POFQ to POR or does it go straight to DS from POFQ?

Until 5pm the boats stop at both resorts so you can shuttle between them and drop off at either en route. After 5pm, each resort has a direct service to Disney Springs so you can't go between POR and POFQ using those boats.

"The river cruise service linking Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter to Disney Springs commences from Riverside at 10am daily. This service then runs approximately every 20 minutes with boatsstopping at both resorts until around 4:30pm." Taken from the Port Orleans site. Loads of information on there for anything you need to know about the two resorts.

We just booked our first stay at POFQ for this January! We're running the marathon (first timers!) and thought it looked like a lovely and quiet place to stay. Question... do all the buildings have elevators or should we request a ground floor room? I'm thinking our legs are not going to want to handle stairs after that run. Also, where do the keep the ice at in the buildings? Thanks!

We just booked our first stay at POFQ for this January! We're running the marathon (first timers!) and thought it looked like a lovely and quiet place to stay. Question... do all the buildings have elevators or should we request a ground floor room? I'm thinking our legs are not going to want to handle stairs after that run. Also, where do the keep the ice at in the buildings? Thanks!

I'm not positive, but I think all of the buildings have an elevator. The only problem is that the elevators aren't always centrally located so you may want to request a room near an elevator.

We just booked our first stay at POFQ for this January! We're running the marathon (first timers!) and thought it looked like a lovely and quiet place to stay. Question... do all the buildings have elevators or should we request a ground floor room?

Yes all of the POFQ buildings have elevators, and there are ice machines just next to them on each floor. They are fairly centrally located within each building, but if your room happens to be at one end then you might have a bit of a walk to/from the elevators.

Floorplan-POFQ-2.png

Andre

I have stayed at Pop Century, Beach Club, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and in 24 days I will be checking in at POFQ for the 6th time! When unable to afford this is my go to place. I love this resort and will be staying there again next December!

Just got back from a week-long stay at POFQ and loved it! It was our first time staying there and it was beautiful. We stayed in building six, king room with a river view. Incredibly quiet and also incredibly quick to the bus stop. Out of dozens of bus trips throughout the week, we only shared a bus with Riverside twice -- which was a pleasant surprise!

We also had individual shampoo/conditioner bottles, not the mounted ones some people reported at Riverside. We came home with a ton of extras.

Didn't really utilize the food court except for a couple of quick snacks. Also, never used the pool -- definitely seemed like a kids-only area (even though its not, but we were two adults).

If you're there on a Sunday morning, I would recommend the Beignet Fun Run -- I thought it was worth the $15.

Thanks everyone for all the info ahead of time -- very helpful and I would definitely stay here again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter