Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We have a split stay planned in June - considering switching from CSR to POFQ for the first part of our stay. I have a question about the bus stop - does it get very crowded since there is only one stop?

We just moved our reservation from CBR to POFQ and we have a pool view. After checking on touring plans it looks like all the pool view rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of building #2 and #5. Is this correct? Also does the gift shop sell half gallons of milk. Thank you!
Yes the pool view rooms are in building 2 & 5 . Pretty sure I saw milk at the gift shop.If you haven't done so already checkout www.portorleans.org for additional info.

We just moved our reservation from CBR to POFQ and we have a pool view. After checking on touring plans it looks like all the pool view rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of building #2 and #5. Is this correct? Also does the gift shop sell half gallons of milk. Thank you!

Yes, that's mostly correct. Since the installation of the new kids' splash play area next to building 2, which meant removing some of the previously view-obstructing hedges, some of the ground floor rooms in building 2 are now considered Pool View too:

Floorplan-POFQ-2.png

Floorplan-POFQ-5.png

You can get milk in pint or two-pint bottles at the gift shop.

Andre

Last edited:
A couple more questions about pool view rooms… Are they all pretty noisy being that close to the pool? Also it looks like they are all connecting rooms, is that true? When we made the move from CBR to POFQ Disney tonight give us a choice of room and we were automatically assigned a pool of you but I probably would've been happier with just a standard. I'm not about to ask does need to make any change at this point because we are very lucky to been able to move out of CBR, however we do like to return to the room midday for a little break and some quiet time. Should we request a room on the top floor?

A couple more questions about pool view rooms… Are they all pretty noisy being that close to the pool? Also it looks like they are all connecting rooms, is that true? When we made the move from CBR to POFQ Disney tonight give us a choice of room and we were automatically assigned a pool of you but I probably would've been happier with just a standard. I'm not about to ask does need to make any change at this point because we are very lucky to been able to move out of CBR, however we do like to return to the room midday for a little break and some quiet time. Should we request a room on the top floor?
We have had connecting rooms on most of our visits and it has never been an issue. We had a pool view room once, but we spent our afternoons at the pool so can't answer if it is noisy in the room. I can say it wasn't an issue at night and this was when they didn't shut the pool at night.

Another one here who switched from CBR to POFQ. Looking forward to trying a "new" resort though I have stayed at POR several times. For the deal I got it will be worth checking it out closer. I always liked the streets when I would stroll over. Not keen on the Mardi Gras theming. It is appropriate, just not what I am into. Its going to be a park heavy trip anyway so the small resort and convenience of the boat to Springs at night will be welcomed.

We have a garden view room and I am wondering about the noise of the movies under the stars noise. Should I request a building on the other side of the resort or is it not an issue? I think its only one night we will likely be in our room, but it is a Tuesday-movie night if the scheduling stays the same. Thanks.

The pool closes at 10PM? Does the hot tub also close at the same time? I am still nervous about having a pool view room but I am not about to call my agent again after everything she went through to change us from CBR to POFQ.

Last edited:
The pool closes at 10PM? Does the hot tub also close at the same time? I am still nervous about having a pool view room but I am not about to call my agent again after everything she went through to change us from CBR to POFQ.

The hot tub is meant to close the same time as the main pool, but it sometimes seems to remain open. Closing time varies between 8pm offpeak (Jan/Feb) and 11pm during the main summer months.

Andre

I had one of those type agents once. Now I have a good one.

We have a garden view room and I am wondering about the noise of the movies under the stars noise. Should I request a building on the other side of the resort or is it not an issue? I think its only one night we will likely be in our room, but it is a Tuesday-movie night if the scheduling stays the same. Thanks.
We've stayed ground floor, building five facing the movies for two weeks one time. We never heard the movies at all. Great location! :)

I had one of those type agents once. Now I have a good one.

She IS good. She spent hours on the phone Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get us out of CBR. She is also a good friend. What I meant is I didn't want to bother her today and have her make yet another change to my reservation. I am just going to make the best of it with a pool view.

Last edited:
Hi there !!!

Writing from France :-)

So I have a question about the new splash area : I read that it's for children under 48 inches, but I have 2 kids, 1 boy 8,5 yo and a girl almost 6 when we will stay.

My boy will be too tall to use the splash area, while his sister can use it, big mess arriving here that my boy love this sort of splash area.

My question : the "under 48 inches" is strict or not ?

Thank you very much !

Had a wonderful time at FQ. I loved the small size. We were in Building 1 facing the courtyard. The view was perfect and the parking was close. I loved hearing the horse and carriage clomp by in the evening. I think we were just about as far as you can get from the food court (?) but it was still close enough to walk over, get breakfast and return to the room. The bartender at the pool bar was terrific, as was everyone at the resort. Over by the river there is nice smoking area (I know, I know, those of you who don't smoke are already gearing up to politely remind me about the dangers - thank you for caring) where my friend and I would sit and have a cigar in the evening while looking at the water and watching the boats. Other smokers would stop by and we got to chat with other visitors. One night (early Feb trip) is rained - quite enjoyable watching the thunderstorm coming in and then sitting under the shelter in the storm. Glad it was warm.

The food was quite good. Had the fried chicken (just okay) with greens and mac and cheese (both great), had biscuits and gravy for one breakfast and the crayfish mac and cheese burger. As expected the buses were crowded in the early morning so I quickly learned to drive in on the days we hit the parks early. But the rest of the day the buses were not crowded at all - made for a great break in the middle of the day. Didn't try the pool but is sure is pretty.

All in all a great stay in a wonderful resort. I know I'll return to this one.

Hi there !!!

Writing from France :-)

So I have a question about the new splash area : I read that it's for children under 48 inches, but I have 2 kids, 1 boy 8,5 yo and a girl almost 6 when we will stay.

My boy will be too tall to use the splash area, while his sister can use it, big mess arriving here that my boy love this sort of splash area.

Thank you very much !
I'd be interested to know too as my DGS will be 8 but has special needs and cannot swim and his little sister (4) will definitely be there!

It certainly was when the splash play area first opened, and CMs would measure kids against a height gauge if they weren't sure. I don't know whether that has been relaxed any in the meantime though.

Andre

It certainly was when the splash play area first opened, and CMs would measure kids against a height gauge if they weren't sure. I don't know whether that has been relaxed any in the meantime though.

Andre
Oh dear - I can only hope I can have a quiet word - he's certainly not big but is skinny and quite tall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter