Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The slide is open again if anyone was wondering. On our way home after 2 nights. I did not have an alarm clock in our room.
We were in building 6, 6320. I have to say the staff at this hotel was the nicest out of anywhere else we have stayed. We loved the boats to Disney springs. We shared a bus with Riverside this morning at 9:01 to Disney Springs as the boats do not run until 10:30. We were the only ones on the bus.
I did not take any food court pictures but remember thinking it looked filled in to me and the kids loved the princess and frog characters on the oversized cards.
First day someone gifted us with beignets because they had food credits expiring.
Overall very happy with the resort but did not like the beds. Very squeaky and not comfortable.
We are at Boatwrights last night and it was our favorite meal of the trip.
We did 2 nights at AOA , 4 nights on the Dream and 2 nights at POFQ. I think the suites st AOA for our family best at this time. But I loved the boats to Disney springs.

Clock radio????? Do they have clock radios again???? They weren't there in our room in December....

I have one in my room but I just asked my son, who is in the room next door, and he doesn't have one in his room. The USB ports are really handy. I wonder if you can request one.

I have one in my room but I just asked my son, who is in the room next door, and he doesn't have one in his room. The USB ports are really handy. I wonder if you can request one.

I know the Deluxe (Boardwalk, at least) has USB ports on the dresser/TV stand...and also on the table by the patio door...and yes, they REALLY come in handy when plugging in all our devices!!

Just got back last night from a stay at POFQ. I didn't put in any requests and we got building 1, second floor. It was fine. Mostly quiet. Definitely quieter than other rooms I've had at Disney resorts. I usually like to avoid middle floor rooms because you're surrounded on all sides by other people, but I never heard any noise from other rooms - just the toilet flushing noises at night. Bus service was great. Never had a wait that felt unreasonable, never shared a bus with POR. Had quite a few fairly empty buses even. We only had a couple items from the food court, but why do they put the coffee away in early afternoon?! That made me a bit nuts. Arneil, the greeter, was super excited to see my Chicago shirts. If you're a Chicago person, wear your logos proudly. :)

The only problem I had was a weird one... On our way out on the last day to grab something to eat before catching the bus to the airport, the bolt latch on the door broke and got stuck. And we were trapped in the room. :scared: I was pretty chill at first, called maintenance, told them it was kind of an emergency and someone needed to help us right away. Then I stood by the door waiting and realized that even when maintenance would get there, there was no way they could really help us quickly because we needed a screwdriver and the latch was on our side and there's no window or anything to pass any tools or help through. So then I freaked out a little. Being trapped is my panic button. My son (13) was pulling on the bolt, hanging on it with his full body, trying to pull it open. He remembered I had a small screwdriver set in my bag intended for glasses repair. We were able to use it sort of as a tool to loosen up the remaining screws and then I applied brute force TRAPPED MAMA power and ripped the dang thing off the door and we were free! :worship: I called maintenance back and told them they'd need to fix the door, but we were out. So maybe add screwdriver to your packing list? :rolleyes1

Just got back last night from a stay at POFQ. I didn't put in any requests and we got building 1, second floor. It was fine. Mostly quiet. Definitely quieter than other rooms I've had at Disney resorts. I usually like to avoid middle floor rooms because you're surrounded on all sides by other people, but I never heard any noise from other rooms - just the toilet flushing noises at night. Bus service was great. Never had a wait that felt unreasonable, never shared a bus with POR. Had quite a few fairly empty buses even. We only had a couple items from the food court, but why do they put the coffee away in early afternoon?! That made me a bit nuts. Arneil, the greeter, was super excited to see my Chicago shirts. If you're a Chicago person, wear your logos proudly. :)

The only problem I had was a weird one... On our way out on the last day to grab something to eat before catching the bus to the airport, the bolt latch on the door broke and got stuck. And we were trapped in the room. :scared: I was pretty chill at first, called maintenance, told them it was kind of an emergency and someone needed to help us right away. Then I stood by the door waiting and realized that even when maintenance would get there, there was no way they could really help us quickly because we needed a screwdriver and the latch was on our side and there's no window or anything to pass any tools or help through. So then I freaked out a little. Being trapped is my panic button. My son (13) was pulling on the bolt, hanging on it with his full body, trying to pull it open. He remembered I had a small screwdriver set in my bag intended for glasses repair. We were able to use it sort of as a tool to loosen up the remaining screws and then I applied brute force TRAPPED MAMA power and ripped the dang thing off the door and we were free! :worship: I called maintenance back and told them they'd need to fix the door, but we were out. So maybe add screwdriver to your packing list? :rolleyes1
Yikes...must have been scary! For that very reason, I always pack a little Leatherman (combo tool with screw drivers, scissors, small knives, etc. - sturdier than a Swiss Army knife) in my checked bag (it wouldn't make it through security in carry-on), and have had to use it more than once for some reason or another!

Oh my gosh! I'm almost hyperventilating reading this! I also panic when I feel trapped. Good for you for getting out on your own. :thumbsup2

Clock radio????? Do they have clock radios again???? They weren't there in our room in December....
There wasn't one in our room (Building 4, 1st floor, facing parking lot)

I had a similarly weird problem at Riverside last summer. Ours was the opposite, we were trapped on the outside when the bolt latch broke and got stuck. Happened when Mousekeeping left, since they did get in to clean but we couldn't get back in. They have a way to open it from the outside but I didn't get to see them do it. We'd walked back to the lobby to get maintenance over there and they told us to rest in the cool while they fixed it so by the time we got back to the room, it was open and you couldn't tell it even happened. I have no idea how they get those latches off from the outside but they know. Says it happens a lot.

I have no idea how they get those latches off from the outside but they know. Says it happens a lot.

It happened to me in August too. In fact I caught it on a Facebook livestream, embarrassingly enough... Usually the catch has only just caught at the very edge and a good heavy heave on the door will push it past the stuck point.

Andre

Yikes...must have been scary! For that very reason, I always pack a little Leatherman (combo tool with screw drivers, scissors, small knives, etc. - sturdier than a Swiss Army knife) in my checked bag (it wouldn't make it through security in carry-on), and have had to use it more than once for some reason or another!

Thinking that will be added to my list now ..... yikes ..... I was stressed when I realized I bought beer that needed a can opener and didn't have one ..... can't imagine trapped in the room.

Could someone staying at POR or POFQ at the moment confirm whether they've got the February Recreation Schedule handouts at the front desk (or in Welcome packs) yet? I was told that they haven't been approved yet (as of a couple of days ago) but that seems odd as they would presumably need to be printed by now... Thanks.

Andre

We have folding bike we travel with just wondered if we will be able to ride them around French Quarter and Riverside. I

I just booked my first stay at POFQ and am very excited about it! I have a slight concern about the condition of the beds...I've read that they maybe aren't in the best condition (can feel the springs, squeaky, and quite bouncy). Just wondering if anyone sees this as a problem and if there is any word about if Disney is planning a soft refurbishment of any of the rooms. I have stayed at most of the EPCOT resorts, including CBR and loved all the beds.

Should I be concerned? (Hoping your answer is no and that the beds are as wonderful as CBR's were last year.)

:thanks:

I just booked my first stay at POFQ and am very excited about it! I have a slight concern about the condition of the beds...I've read that they maybe aren't in the best condition (can feel the springs, squeaky, and quite bouncy). Just wondering if anyone sees this as a problem and if there is any word about if Disney is planning a soft refurbishment of any of the rooms. I have stayed at most of the EPCOT resorts, including CBR and loved all the beds.

Should I be concerned? (Hoping your answer is no and that the beds are as wonderful as CBR's were last year.)

DS and I just returned from a 12 night stay in connecting rooms in bldg 4. My bed was fine. The nightstand sides of both mattresses in DS's room were awful. Springs were worn out. He ended up rotating his mattress in the middle of the night just so he could sleep. The next afternoon he stopped at the front desk to let them know. They said they would take care of it the next day while we were in the parks, but they never did. He didn't pursue it because the rotated side was fine. Did not expect the mattresses to be in such poor condition.

DS and I just returned from a 12 night stay in connecting rooms in bldg 4. My bed was fine. The nightstand sides of both mattresses in DS's room were awful. Springs were worn out. He ended up rotating his mattress in the middle of the night just so he could sleep. The next afternoon he stopped at the front desk to let them know. They said they would take care of it the next day while we were in the parks, but they never did. He didn't pursue it because the rotated side was fine. Did not expect the mattresses to be in such poor condition.
Yikes! I didn't realized they could be in that bad of shape! Did you have a standard room category by any chance? That's what I booked and connecting room is our only request.

We were there right after Thanksgiving - beds were no problem. If my traveling partner didn't snore, I would have slept like a baby... :rolleyes1

We were there right after Thanksgiving - beds were no problem. If my traveling partner didn't snore, I would have slept like a baby... :rolleyes1

Ahaha! Well, I'm not going to lose sleep over this problem (pun intended). I'll just keep an ear out for what everyone is saying. I'm sure Disney will fix whatever is wrong, if everyone speaks up.

Thanks for you replies!

Yikes! I didn't realized they could be in that bad of shape! Did you have a standard room category by any chance? That's what I booked and connecting room is our only request.

We had garden view rooms. We stayed here twice before, last time was three years ago, and the mattresses were fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter