Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Love Pop but this is my biggest complaint about that resort...lack of yummy desserts! They need an ice cream/bakery counter like the other values have.
Not sure if this already been mentioned but at one time POP had a dedicated station in food court with hand dipped ice cream for ice cream sundaes and they also had dole whip. In addition in the bakery section they had pineapple upside cakes available so you could make same dessert now offered at Aloha Isle in MK.
There was a time when they had a station for Artesian Pizzas which were really good.

They had one until 2020. It’s the only part of their food court that has not been reopened. Not sure if it will or if it was reconfigured?
Even before 2020, the POP dessert counter was not even close to being as good as the dessert counter at AS Movies. I'm comparing ASM in 2017 vs Pop in 2018 and 2019.

Even before 2020, the POP dessert counter was not even close to being as good as the dessert counter at AS Movies. I'm comparing ASM in 2017 vs Pop in 2018 and 2019.
Yes, of all the food courts at value resorts, I feel Pop is in the greatest need of a complete refurbishment - both in the seating and food prep locations.

Yes, I can remember sometime around 2016/2017/2018 (I'd have to go back and look); we stayed at Pop and they didn't have hand dipped ice cream or sundaes etc. (just shakes). I thought for sure they had them prior to that, but I'd have to go back and look. Anyways this was before Dole Whips were there and it was certainly a bummer for our group who were looking for something more like the offerings at All-Stars.

Which All Star has the best food court? I've only been to Movies, but it was literally 2-3 days after they reopened in March 2021 and everything was extreeeeeemely modified.

Have a preferred pool view room booked for next year. My one request is a ground floor room. Would it be better to switch to a preferred room to get a ground floor room? The 60 section facing the kiddie pool is only preferred so it does not look like there are many 1st floor preferred pool view rooms.

Have a preferred pool view room booked for next year. My one request is a ground floor room. Would it be better to switch to a preferred room to get a ground floor room? The 60 section facing the kiddie pool is only preferred so it does not look like there are many 1st floor preferred pool view rooms.
25% of Pop rooms are ground floor so I’m not sure if room category would make a difference. If would recommend (especially with preferred pool view rooms) that you make your only request as ‘ground floor’ when you complete the online check-in.

When taking the bus to Disney Springs from POP how long does it usually take? Not sure how accurate google maps is in this case but it shows it takes 45 minutes.

Are the POP buses running on the worst schedule in WDW? Good lord. On our MK day (12.7) we arrived at the bus stop at 7:30, one bus arrived at 7:40. And then nothing until 8:28 when 5 buses showed up at once. Its like someone put out an emergency situation call and buses stated being routed to Pop from everywhere. We overheard families behind us talking about how bad its been all week with buses going to and from Pop.

That night we experienced the same thing trying to leave the MK. The longest bus line ive ever seen was at the Pop queue in the bus loop with no buses in sight. Arrived to the loop at 11:20, we didnt make it back to the resort until 1:10. There was a steady stream of AoA buses, and in reality we should have left the Pop line and went over there after 20 minutes but we were too tired to think straight.

Trying to leave DS, All Star buses streaming in like clockwork, no Pop bus.

We stayed at Pop due to loving the Skyliner so much during our AoA trip. NEVER AGAIN. If we want Skyliner access we will either stay at Caribbean beach or AoA again.

Also the resort smelled really bad all week. I mean really bad. It smelled like a manure truck flipped over and the sprinklers were spraying it everywhere. When we were on our gingerbread crawl we joked about how nice the deluxe hotels smelled as soon as you entered the lobby while us value peasants had a hotel that literally smelled like crap.

Thanks! Google seems to show the bus stopping at other resorts which inflated the time.

Do you know what time it starts running? Need to get in line early for Gideons!
Google seems to think the buses run every 30 minutes, so it's counting the wait plus the drive. 12:43 to 1:08 is just waiting for the bus.

1670867186525.png

Are the POP buses running on the worst schedule in WDW? Good lord. On our MK day (12.7) we arrived at the bus stop at 7:30, one bus arrived at 7:40. And then nothing until 8:28 when 5 buses showed up at once. Its like someone put out an emergency situation call and buses stated being routed to Pop from everywhere. We overheard families behind us talking about how bad its been all week with buses going to and from Pop.

That night we experienced the same thing trying to leave the MK. The longest bus line ive ever seen was at the Pop queue in the bus loop with no buses in sight. Arrived to the loop at 11:20, we didnt make it back to the resort until 1:10. There was a steady stream of AoA buses, and in reality we should have left the Pop line and went over there after 20 minutes but we were too tired to think straight.

We stayed at Pop due to loving the Skyliner so much during our AoA trip. NEVER AGAIN. If we want Skyliner access we will either stay at Caribbean beach or AoA again.

Also the resort smelled really bad all week. I mean really bad. It smelled like a manure truck flipped over and the sprinklers were spraying it everywhere. When we were on our gingerbread crawl we joked about how nice the deluxe hotels smelled as soon as you entered the lobby while us value peasants had a hotel that literally smelled like crap.
We had the complete opposite experience 12/11-12/14. We lucked out and there was a bus for us most times with no wait. Even at Disney Springs which never happens! We did have to stand twice but we didn't mind that. The added advantage to staying at Pop is you can keep an eye out for the AoA bus and switch to that line if that bus shows up 1st. We have done that in the past and like having that option also. We thought the inside of the resort smelled nice. When we visited the Poly we commented how it didn't smell a nice there as Pop and the other resorts we visited that trip. There was no unpleasant odors outdoors. Maybe they had just put in new mulch? That always smells like poop lol

Sorry to hear about your stay. As for buses I can give you that exact same story from stays that we had at other resorts. WDW normally does a great job with their buses but, like you mentioned, you will see multiple buses for another resort and none for yours, but again no resort is immune to that. We were at POP over Thanksgiving and there was no bad smells and we had a great stay and we just made reservations for March to go back, love the skyliner option:) Also we like the fact that we can walk over to AOA to eat for a change of pace, since it's so convenient.

I know I’ve seen the info but can’t find it now! We’re headed to Pop in a few weeks. Wondering what time to head to buses or Skyliner for early entry at each park. Also I’ve read that Hollywood Studios opens even earlier than 1/2 hour for early entry - sounds like it might be Rise of the Resistance specific. Has anyone found that to be true - and what time does skyliner start running in the morning? Park hours below…
MK 9am (8:30 early entry), AK 8am (7:30), EP 9am (8:30), HS 8:30 (8? 7:45?) Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Odd question

I am trying to set up grocery delivery to Pop and I can only ship soy milk boxes to the resort. Will they take them from Walmart before we arrive? We arrive on 1/3. They could get there 12/29?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter