Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Our group (6 adults) got impacted by the Hurricane Nicole flight cancellations and have moved our trip to Jan 7-10. We are really hoping that a Skyliner resort opens up, but no luck so far, so we are at POR.

I know no one can predict anything so all disclaimers of "who knows" are fully appreciated, but has anyone seen in the past that POP availability pops up (pun, lol) around the 30 day window for full packages and/or the 1 week room only cancellations. I've been looking multiple times a day and have yet to see POP show for our dates.

Hi,
It's been a while for us. We haven't stayed at Pop Century since 2017. Has the food court been updated/renovated since then? It seemed pretty run down when we were there last.

Thanks!

Our group (6 adults) got impacted by the Hurricane Nicole flight cancellations and have moved our trip to Jan 7-10. We are really hoping that a Skyliner resort opens up, but no luck so far, so we are at POR.

I know no one can predict anything so all disclaimers of "who knows" are fully appreciated, but has anyone seen in the past that POP availability pops up (pun, lol) around the 30 day window for full packages and/or the 1 week room only cancellations. I've been looking multiple times a day and have yet to see POP show for our dates.
Have you tried calling? Occasionally I’ve had more success calling as opposed to checking online but an added challenge is that you’re looking for 2 or 3 rooms which will be harder to find. It can happen but I wouldn’t count on it as Pop runs at near capacity. They don’t seem to hold back rooms to release later, you would need to catch cancellations.
Hi,
It's been a while for us. We haven't stayed at Pop Century since 2017. Has the food court been updated/renovated since then? It seemed pretty run down when we were there last.

Thanks!
The main area where food is picked up has not been renovated. Not sure when the eating area was renovated. The pictures in the posts on page 1 are current.

Have you tried calling? Occasionally I’ve had more success calling as opposed to checking online but an added challenge is that you’re looking for 2 or 3 rooms which will be harder to find. It can happen but I wouldn’t count on it as Pop runs at near capacity. They don’t seem to hold back rooms to release later, you would need to catch cancellations.

The main area where food is picked up has not been renovated. Not sure when the eating area was renovated. The pictures in the posts on page 1 are current.
Thanks! I guess I was mostly asking about the booth seating. I can't tell in the pics, but not a big deal I guess. Thanks again.

You are arriving during runDisney Marathon Weekend, Pop is typically full on those dates. If you are considering a split stay then you will probably have better luck starting the Monday Jan 9. Good luck and have a great trip.

You are arriving during runDisney Marathon Weekend, Pop is typically full on those dates. If you are considering a split stay then you will probably have better luck starting the Monday Jan 9. Good luck and have a great trip.

Yes, it is marathon weekend. I'm just surprised I haven't even seen 1 room pop up presuming someone out there has to cancel for some reason. We have such a short trip (3 nights) that a split stay doesn't make sense. My DH and I would consider it, but we're bringing 4 other young adults and I feel like I already have to explain so many things (park reservations, ILL, G+, etc) that it would just be another complication getting 6 adults to pack up to move for 1 night.

Yes, I keep thinking 3 rooms will be a tough "get". I did call when we had to move to January and they confirmed nothing available in POP. Perhaps I'll call this week leading up to that 30 day cancellation window and see what they say.

We're considering 3 suites at AoA, but maybe I'm really overthinking this 'need' for the Skyliner lol because it'll be a bit more expensive at AoA than POP for those suite rooms.

Thanks everyone.

The skyliner would be great but unless you really need 9 beds (3 suites) AoA would be an overkill. Is there anyway that your group could share suite(s)? The would be cheaper and still on the skyliner if not I guess you need to look off the skyliner route.

Yes, it is marathon weekend. I'm just surprised I haven't even seen 1 room pop up presuming someone out there has to cancel for some reason. We have such a short trip (3 nights) that a split stay doesn't make sense. My DH and I would consider it, but we're bringing 4 other young adults and I feel like I already have to explain so many things (park reservations, ILL, G+, etc) that it would just be another complication getting 6 adults to pack up to move for 1 night.

Yes, I keep thinking 3 rooms will be a tough "get". I did call when we had to move to January and they confirmed nothing available in POP. Perhaps I'll call this week leading up to that 30 day cancellation window and see what they say.

We're considering 3 suites at AoA, but maybe I'm really overthinking this 'need' for the Skyliner lol because it'll be a bit more expensive at AoA than POP for those suite rooms.

Thanks everyone.
Suites at AoA are pricy. Honestly, for a 3 night trip, as much as the Skyliner is nice, it's not worth spending a fortune for it, IMHO. Totally a personal call though. I guess it depends on the price comparison between POR and AoA.

Update: I was curious and took a peek. Per Disney website - 1 night at POR during those dates is $297. The same night at AoA is $468. Personally, there is absolutely no way I would justify paying $170/night for the Skyliner!!

Last edited:
The skyliner would be great but unless you really need 9 beds (3 suites) AoA would be an overkill. Is there anyway that your group could share suite(s)? The would be cheaper and still on the skyliner if not I guess you need to look off the skyliner route.
We considered booking 1 suite for our DSs + SOs, but decided that was probably not the best idea. I could see 1 couple being fine but the other would be less than excited about it!
Suites at AoA are pricy. Honestly, for a 3 night trip, as much as the Skyliner is nice, it's not worth spending a fortune for it, IMHO. Totally a personal call though. I guess it depends on the price comparison between POR and AoA.

Update: I was curious and took a peek. Per Disney website - 1 night at POR during those dates is $297. The same night at AoA is $468. Personally, there is absolutely no way I would justify paying $170/night for the Skyliner!!

Ok -- thank you for this sanity check! :D I suspect we'll stay put unless POP opens up (or we win the lottery!).

Thanks again everyone!

We considered booking 1 suite for our DSs + SOs, but decided that was probably not the best idea. I could see 1 couple being fine but the other would be less than excited about it!
Ah yes, the infamous pull-out couch. OUCH! Those are nasty! Still hoping for your sake something opens at Pop! If not, if you're at DHS or Epcot and wish to try out the Skyliner (if you haven't been on it) it's great fun to even ride around on just to see the sights. :)

Yes! We just switched to Pop yesterday for marathon week. I’ve been checking every day this week. I’m a last minute booker for the past few years and I tend to get what I want just before the 30 days. Good luck.

Yes! We just switched to Pop yesterday for marathon week. I’ve been checking every day this week. I’m a last minute booker for the past few years and I tend to get what I want just before the 30 days. Good luck.

Congrats! I've been looking daily since our trip got canceled in early Nov. Did you call or found on line?

Congrats! I've been looking daily since our trip got canceled in early Nov. Did you call or found on line?
I found it online. I had an existing reservation and I kept modifying my resort to see what was available. Pop finally popped up yesterday.

I found it online. I had an existing reservation and I kept modifying my resort to see what was available. Pop finally popped up yesterday.

Thanks for the detail! I did call last night and a very nice CM helped me (confirm no rooms at either POP or CBR) and did suggest I call as we approach the 30 day window. She also confirmed that it'll be tough to find 3 rooms in any resort already booked, but didn't discourage me from trying.

For those of you have withstood my various posts in various threads regarding a trip originally scheduled for the weekend of Hurricane Nicole that has been pushed to Jan 7-10, I found POP on the Disney website tonight. I quickly called (since I thought that would be quicker than modifying 3 reservations online), and was able to move all THREE rooms to POP! Originally we got 1 standard and 2 preferred (there were apparently 2 of each at the time I called) which was totally fine, but I just checked online and was able to move our reservation to a preferred also (so at least we'll be near each other). WHEW!

We also saved over $400 per reservation (from POR), so that's also amazing!

Thanks everyone for their advice and suggestions!

C
Love Pop but this is my biggest complaint about that resort...lack of yummy desserts! They need an ice cream/bakery counter like the other values have.
Coming to Pop for the first time next April & didn't realize I wouldn't be able to get my "ice cream for dinner" fix here - by any chance is something available At AOA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!