Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming right along. That old station structure must have been in pretty bad shape.
Well the core structure was 52 years old. Not to late to get your date locked in for the lottery for when the Polynesian Monorail station reopens. I still feel good with my June 13 pick.

Dave

I am personally voting no. Just a guess though.

I wonder if at least some of the CMs who have been called back with 4/15 start dates are going to restaurants, if there's an uptick in resort bookings they might well start to open them again.

Anyone think Ohana will open when the rooms/monorail station opens back up late July????

😁

I personally think, and it's obviously a guess at this time point that can be WAY off, but I really think you will see Ohana open by Memorial Day weekend. July 4th the latest. I'm optimistic as the summer hits, Disney will start ramping things back up again.

I love me some Ohana

Let's hope. Them announcing we can take photos without masks on today made me feel that little happy hint of Disney magic I haven't felt in a while. Something so little, so I am happy for maskless photos on my trip.

Great progress on the monorail. Hoping they finish earlier than expected.

FYI, I noticed Disney changed their website to say the Splash Pad closure will be through mid April 2021. It previously said through March 2021.

• Kiki Tikis Splash Play Area will be closed while it undergoes refurbishment from February through mid April 2021. While Kiki Tikis is unavailable, Guests at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows may enjoy the Lava feature pool and slide and the Oasis pool.

I’m putting my trust in the app, but it says the current Poly EWP stop time is 8:50pm.
The online version says April 11th at 8:40 PM at the Polynesian beach area. But with the new walkway you can chase it around the 7 Seas lagoon and part of Bay lake.

We enjoy catching the EWP at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Stop and you can grab a Dole Whip from Pineapple Lanai or a delicious Mai Tai from Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Bar before heading over and grabbing the perfect spot on the beach.

Here are estimated Electric Water Pageant Times for each resort:
  • Polynesian Village Resort – 8:40 PM
  • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – 9:00 PM
  • Wilderness Lodge – 9:30 PM
  • Fort Wilderness Resort – 9:45 PM
  • Contemporary Resort – 10:00 PM
Allow 5 minutes either way as it takes time for the 14 barges to make the circuit and if it is windy it can be delayed a few minutes along the way. Please note that all times are approximate and may vary by several minutes.

https://www.disneyworld.eu/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

Dave

I am personally voting no. Just a guess though.
Well aren’t you a ray of positivity!
Lol 😉

I would love that!!
So would my DH! He’s keeping his fingers crossed for August! 🤞

I personally think, and it's obviously a guess at this time point that can be WAY off, but I really think you will see Ohana open by Memorial Day weekend. July 4th the latest. I'm optimistic as the summer hits, Disney will start ramping things back up again.

I love me some Ohana

Let's hope. Them announcing we can take photos without masks on today made me feel that little happy hint of Disney magic I haven't felt in a while. Something so little, so I am happy for maskless photos on my trip.

Great progress on the monorail. Hoping they finish earlier than expected.
Now that’s really optimistic!!! 🙂

Well aren’t you a ray of positivity!
Lol 😉

Lol, sorry - not my usual style. I'm just a little down on Disney seemingly not doing much of ANYTHING new lately. With some exceptions, resort amenities and available dining options property wide haven't really changed all that much since reopening.

I know, due time and all, we'll get there, guest demand needs to consistently be there, it's a pandemic, etc... but I'm ready for more things to be open to spread people around/give people more things to do, get favorite CMs back to work, etc. Time to shake some things lose, IMO. :-)

First stay at the Poly. Have some questions and wanted some feedback from the experts.

Have Kona reserved for breakfast and dinner the same day. If you could only do one which would you chose? Does Kona do walk-ins?

What time is the Electrical floating pageant?

Requested Tokelau and Moorea through mde. I’d prefer a room with a balcony...would you still recommend faxing the resort? We’re staying in a standard dvc villa. From what I understand Tokelau has a balcony on the 2nd and 3rd floor while Moorea only has them on the 3rd.

Tonga toast and coconut meatballs are on my list...any other suggestions for must try food and drink? Big fan of specialty cocktails just not a huge pineapple fan.

How reliable is the boat from the pier for transportation to MK? What time does it start running?

How crowded does the Tambu lounge get after the parks let out?

Same question with the lava pool crowds. I understand it varies so just asking in general.

Does the Poly have a concierge?

Any other suggestions are welcome
I highly recommend the chicken yakisoba at Kona Cafe and the surf and turf roll (you can get this at either Kona or Tambu Lounge - its not listed on the menu but you can still order it); among cocktails, I recommend the Backscratcher (a classic!) and while not unique to the Poly, the Magical Star cocktail is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Our trip is June 3-10. Yesterday we were moved to Grand Floridian, Outer Building, Theme Park View. We'll get to stay at Poly one day....

Our trip is June 3-10. Yesterday we were moved to Grand Floridian, Outer Building, Theme Park View. We'll get to stay at Poly one day....

You'll just miss me there! I check out from the same category at GF on 6/1 and the Poly part of my trip will now be spent at YC. Just think, whenever you get to the Poly you will have a beautiful new room. :)

Are the resorts booking at limited capacity?

I have a BC reservation for the last week in October. My kids wanted to switch to Poly because of the new Moana rooms. Disney's website is showing no reservations at Poly between Oct and Christmas. That seems wild to be 100% booked for 2 months unless they are at very limitied capacity.

did they move you because no rooms are ready?

They have not been booking regular rooms for before July 19 since the refurb was announced. I don't know if possibly it was shifted from last year at some time when they were taking reservations...

Unless they had booked a Studio and those were overbooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter