Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself! Did you have a lake view or standard view in moorea? We are renting a studio and wondering about the views from each longhouse. What were you looking out on?
Standard view. We were on the third floor that looked over palm trees and the walk way. Definitely nothing great, but it was very quiet and convenient to the TTC.

Standard view. We were on the third floor that looked over palm trees and the walk way. Definitely nothing great, but it was very quiet and convenient to the TTC.
Thanks. Is there a water station nearby or is the closest in the main lobby? How long does it take to get to the main lobby or to TTC if you walked there? Thanks for answering my questions!

Two quick questions ahead of our stay in 27 days!

1) we stopped by Poly in April and in the afternoon a guy was setting up a cart in the lobby to serve Kona beer. Is this new and has anyone who has been there recently spotted this? It was against the back wall of the lobby, first floor.

2) we rented an all day patio cabana for our arrival day. I know it’s set up for 6 but there are 10 in our group and we want to have it as a base. We don’t anticipate all being in it at any time as most want to do the volcano pool but like, how strict is WDW about different people, more than 6, coming and going?

Cannot answer #1, hopefully others can.... But for #2, we had our family come and go from one of the Cabana's all afternoon and we had around 9 or 10, most people at once was probably 6 or 7 (including the kids) we too used it as a base camp and it was wonderful! Especially with the food table service too! Ooooh those shrimp chips are so darn tasty! lol

Hi all. With online check, is the only option to request a balcony? No way to request a specific longhouse?

No not currently via Online Check-in, you will need to call and have your requests noted in your reservation.

For a while after Online check-in came out you could select requests such as a specific longhouse but the logic did not take into account what you had actually booked. For example, you could select the Hawaii longhouse even if you were not book for a CL room, clearly it was broken so Disney just removed all the additional options.

Dave

1) we stopped by Poly in April and in the afternoon a guy was setting up a cart in the lobby to serve Kona beer. Is this new and has anyone who has been there recently spotted this? It was against the back wall of the lobby, first floor.

2) we rented an all day patio cabana for our arrival day. I know it’s set up for 6 but there are 10 in our group and we want to have it as a base. We don’t anticipate all being in it at any time as most want to do the volcano pool but like, how strict is WDW about different people, more than 6, coming and going?

As far as #2, we had a larger than 6 persons group at the patio cabana last summer for multiple days and like you, never houses more than 6 at a time anyhow, but there was never an issue whatsoever and I was concerned also. It's amazing - enjoy!

Yeah, that small mini bar on the first floor near the doors that lead to the Pineapple Lanai has been there roughly since Tambu Lounge was closed for refurb awhile back. I’ve seen it open in the evenings, although seems to have pretty sparse hours. It does help take the edge off Tambu for some of the general to go drink needs of guests waiting around for the Luau or Ohana, or those just wondering around Poly visiting.

As far as #2, we had a larger than 6 persons group at the patio cabana last summer for multiple days and like you, never houses more than 6 at a time anyhow, but there was never an issue whatsoever and I was concerned also. It's amazing - enjoy!
Good info, thanks :)

Yeah, that small mini bar on the first floor near the doors that lead to the Pineapple Lanai has been there roughly since Tambu Lounge was closed for refurb awhile back. I’ve seen it open in the evenings, although seems to have pretty sparse hours. It does help take the edge off Tambu for some of the general to go drink needs of guests waiting around for the Luau or Ohana, or those just wondering around Poly visiting.
Makes sense! I’ll keep an eye out for it during our stay.

DVC people, what dishes are included in the small kitchenette? My MIL wants to have milk and cereal for the kids but will they have bowls? Copper Creek did but that was a two bedroom villa with full kitchen so not sure what the studio rooms offer. Btw I’m trying to talk her out of cereal, granola bars are 10x easier and can be eaten on the go.

DVC people, what dishes are included in the small kitchenette? My MIL wants to have milk and cereal for the kids but will they have bowls? Copper Creek did but that was a two bedroom villa with full kitchen so not sure what the studio rooms offer. Btw I’m trying to talk her out of cereal, granola bars are 10x easier and can be eaten on the go.

It'll have paper dishes and plastic flatware. You can call down to get more.

There were paper plates and bowls. I hated them- so wasteful!

I'm going to be going heading to PolyV in 7 days! I'm trying to get my room request fax together, and I'm wondering if The Villas and The Village (that's confusing) have the same or different fax number?

The Polynesian DVC Villas and Bungalows don't accept FAX requests. Any room request (s) need to be made via "Member Services" at DVC by you if your are an owner or by the owner if you are renting points for your stay.

Dave

Even when you buy direct from Disney instead of renting points or using my own?

Even when you buy direct from Disney instead of renting points or using my own?

In this case, you should have the CRO make a notation on your reserving with your requests. This is what we did each time when we went on cash reservation before DVC. I had no idea about faxing requests. I believe the room assigners are the same for the hotel and the villas as we share front desk staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter