Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our last trip we were in Tokelau and had a PPO at GG for 8:05 also. We took the first monorail as was suggested by PPs and made it thru both securities and into Epcot by 8:00 and we made it just in time for our adr. We were slightly delayed at bag check because our group had several bags. We were a group of 9 and walked to the TTC from Tokelau. Just giving our experience with a similar situation.
Thank you!! Good to know!

Are there places at the resort that I can get ice for our room? I plan to use it in drinks, not to fill a cooler for the park.

Last time at O'hana's was about a year and a half ago, and at breakfast we were able to request bacon. Does anyone know if that is still possible?

This will work, right?

We are arriving at MCO at 11:30am and plan to take MDE to the Poly, probably arriving around 1:00/1:30. We rented DVC points, so do not anticipate our room being ready until later in the afternoon. We plan to use online check-in, leave our carry on items with bell services, and hit Magic Kingdom by 3:00. Is bell services in the lobby area of the Poly? is it separate from check-in? When our room is ready, we should get a text from Disney, correct? And they will deliver our luggage from MDE, maybe even while we are at the parks? Then, when we get back to the Poly, we can call or stop by bell services to have our carry-one and Prime Now groceries delivered ($6 fee).

Can you tell I am thinking about our trip a lot?!? Only 37 days to go! Thank you for your help!

This will work, right?

We are arriving at MCO at 11:30am and plan to take MDE to the Poly, probably arriving around 1:00/1:30. We rented DVC points, so do not anticipate our room being ready until later in the afternoon. We plan to use online check-in, leave our carry on items with bell services, and hit Magic Kingdom by 3:00. Is bell services in the lobby area of the Poly? is it separate from check-in? When our room is ready, we should get a text from Disney, correct? And they will deliver our luggage from MDE, maybe even while we are at the parks? Then, when we get back to the Poly, we can call or stop by bell services to have our carry-one and Prime Now groceries delivered ($6 fee).

Can you tell I am thinking about our trip a lot?!? Only 37 days to go! Thank you for your help!
I think you have a solid plan and realistic timeline!

Bell Services where you stow your luggage is located outside the main lobby. The CMs will probably greet you when they see you get off the Magical Express with luggage. If you don't get a room ready text by the time you arrive you can just leave your bags with them and they will give you a claim ticket. This is different from check-in. Check-in will be to your right when you walk inside the Great Ceremonial House. It can't hurt to stop by if you did not get a text and want to see if there is a room available. Sometimes online check-in can even be weird and won't notify you even if your room is ready so always good to check.

DME luggage will make its way to your room automatically (around 3 hours). Once you return from MK, you can call bell services from your room phone or stop by the desk inside the lobby and they will deliver everything to you (plus the fee like you mentioned for groceries). Bell Services will ask that someone stays in the room for the stowed luggage to be delivered. This is not necessary for the DME luggage.

This will work, right?

PolyRob answered your questions, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Hi all! Has anyone stayed at Poly and done the MK DAH? How is the transportation back?
I feel like we might have taken the ferry back to the TTC? I know we took it over. We didn’t do that because we had to, it was just easier with a stroller and the walk is nothing from there to the Poly.

Thanks so much. It was a pretty clear glass one and in a renovated room. But it sure was a bummer to come back to cool not cold food. Rather than risk it we threw it out. I didn’t complain because I thought it wasn’t designed to really keep things cold. Glad to hear it was likely defective and we will be good to go at Poly. Thanks so much for the response.

We had the same problem with the new Yacht Club fridge.

Hi all! Has anyone stayed at Poly and done the MK DAH? How is the transportation back?
I haven't stayed at Poly, but I have at GF 2x now. You have the best options! Its bus or large TTC boat. All of MK was combined on one bus - Poly, GF, WL, CR both times. The drivers asked which resorts we were all going to as we boarded so they could skip a stop to save time.

The first time last July I had a long wait for the bus. This past March was great. Walked right on and waited at most 5 minutes for the bus to fill.

they run buses. based on the sharing happening when we did it while staying at YC and BWV, we opted to take the ferry and walk back when we did it while staying at the poly. i don’t know if we beat the bus, but it was super quick!

Trying (unsuccessfully) to search through 800+ pages. Does anyone have links to recent CL stays within the last 6 months? Looking in particular for food pics and descriptions. TIA!

Trying (unsuccessfully) to search through 800+ pages. Does anyone have links to recent CL stays within the last 6 months? Looking in particular for food pics and descriptions. TIA!

Hi there! This is a few months old, but may help:
Poly CL - NYE 2018

(Scroll through the room and resort stuff, you’ll eventually get to food)

Hope that helps!

Your question has been answered, but I’ll chime in too. Monorail and resort boats won’t be running at the end of DAH, so your options are bus or TTC Ferry.

My older DAH experiences and staying at Poly were that the buses shared with ALL the MK resorts which was kind of a pain since it took so long.

My more recent DAH experiences while at Poly have been that only Poly/GF shared a bus, which was much quicker. I think the sharing arrangements may be a bit YMMV depending on conditions.

I have not taken the TTC Ferry, although I’ve read they tend to fill them up more than they generally do during the day when it’s a constant back/forth, so your wait to take off might be a bit longer.

Both are pretty reasonable options, generally speaking. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter