Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably some revisionist history in my head, but umbrellas seemed more abundant than prior trips.
View attachment 374162

Poly getting all fancy putting rolled up towels out first thing.
View attachment 374163

This section did have reorganized furniture compared to our last visit - seems like they added more lounges.
View attachment 374164

This was around 9:30am on 12/30. Weather was plenty warm for swimming. The serenity of the resorts when the parks are so crazy during the holidays always amazes me.
View attachment 374165

Loving my decision to 'rope drop' an umbrella spot at this particular moment in time.
View attachment 374166

When the Oasis Pool Bar & Grill first opened, they had the best salad - the Oasis Salad with Chicken. In July they had changed the ingredients and it was not very good at all. This time it was back to closer to what I remember from earlier trips - light, crunchy, fresh, and big. Pic doesn't look all that attractive, but I could eat this every day. This was delivered via poolside service to the Lava Pool where we were sitting.
View attachment 374167

The Lava Pool hot tub has a hit or miss history. This trip, it was miss. Water seen pouring over the side out on the ground. It was closed each day of our 4 night trip. I personally don't really care all that much - the Oasis Pool hot tub is much bigger and nicer in my opinion - but I think the Lava Pool hot tub definitely has a tiki curse.
View attachment 374168

Watched HEA from the Lava Pool deck our last night. DS opted to stay in the pool to watch. Show audio was reasonably loud from the pool deck.
View attachment 374169

This made me stop and take a pic - very creative. Moorea longhouse, FWIW (you can tell it's a DVC/Villa longhouse given the second floor balconies). Kudos to the creativity.
View attachment 374170

All-in-all, a great visit to Poly. Happy to answer any questions!
I had the salad with shrimp both at CC's and at The pool. Both were good but slightly different. I think I liked cc's a bit better due to the lettuce.

Nice pix! Thanks for posting :)

Thanks trishadono! it does help!! Plus I just realized that the spa / fitness center is at GF, so that's another reason to walk over there.
We actually popped in last week on our walk. It's open with your MB 24 hours. I never realized there were bathrooms there (wasn't paying attention) and it is a nice spot to stop if on the walk . (My friend did that.)

The view is so nice and I love to watch where it changes from gf to poly. It's simple but the lighting is different,

Dd and I have been using this walk for many years. When we stayed at POP or CBR etc (I've stayed at almost all) we always loved to visit the mono resorts. To us it's a must do.

A little torn about which resort and need some encouragement and input here. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary this year, and have booked Poly (standard view). We usually stay at YC and love it. We love SAB pool and the quiet pools there. We also love the fact that we can walk to Epcot and BW easily. However, we wanted to try something different, plus we've always wanted to go to Hawaii but that isn't in the card$ this year. We thought of all the deluxe resorts, Poly would give us the most relaxing feel. That being said, 1) Will we be disappointed in Poly's pool after experiencing SAB? It seems quite a bit smaller than SAB so we weren't sure how crowded it would get. If so, does their quiet pool get overcrowded too? 2) Which long house do we request for standard view? We DEFINITELY want a third floor balcony; preferably NOT facing the parking lot. Without appearing greedy, do we just request "third floor balcony with a nice view?" and finally, 3) will we be wishing we booked GF since that will be starring us in the face? LOL The reason we didn't book GF was that we thought Poly would give us more of a relaxed vibe, but are we wrong? GF is gorgeous.

We've stayed at BC several times (used to be our favorite, Poly is our fav now) and YC once so we've spent a good bit of time at SAB. We don't miss it when staying at Poly. The Volcano pool does get crowded but we've always found chairs. We've never found the Oasis pool to be especially crowded (it's our favorite of the two) when we've been (in June and around Labor Day). For standard view, we've been in Aetoroa (I think I butchered that spelling lol) 1st floor, facing away from the monorail, and could see the castle and fireworks if we leaned over around the tree in front of our patio. We recently stayed in Fiji, facing Luau cove, and loved it! We had a lovely view of the beach, the lake and GF. We have also stayed at GF once, and it was amazing, but we prefer Poly. The theme and relaxing atmosphere at Poly suits us better and we prefer the pools as well.

We've stayed at BC several times (used to be our favorite, Poly is our fav now) and YC once so we've spent a good bit of time at SAB. We don't miss it when staying at Poly. The Volcano pool does get crowded but we've always found chairs. We've never found the Oasis pool to be especially crowded (it's our favorite of the two) when we've been (in June and around Labor Day). For standard view, we've been in Aetoroa (I think I butchered that spelling lol) 1st floor, facing away from the monorail, and could see the castle and fireworks if we leaned over around the tree in front of our patio. We recently stayed in Fiji, facing Luau cove, and loved it! We had a lovely view of the beach, the lake and GF. We have also stayed at GF once, and it was amazing, but we prefer Poly. The theme and relaxing atmosphere at Poly suits us better and we prefer the pools as well.

Someone sticky this post. :-) :thumbsup2

A little torn about which resort and need some encouragement and input here. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary this year, and have booked Poly (standard view). We usually stay at YC and love it. We love SAB pool and the quiet pools there. We also love the fact that we can walk to Epcot and BW easily. However, we wanted to try something different, plus we've always wanted to go to Hawaii but that isn't in the card$ this year. We thought of all the deluxe resorts, Poly would give us the most relaxing feel. That being said, 1) Will we be disappointed in Poly's pool after experiencing SAB? It seems quite a bit smaller than SAB so we weren't sure how crowded it would get. If so, does their quiet pool get overcrowded too? 2) Which long house do we request for standard view? We DEFINITELY want a third floor balcony; preferably NOT facing the parking lot. Without appearing greedy, do we just request "third floor balcony with a nice view?" and finally, 3) will we be wishing we booked GF since that will be starring us in the face? LOL The reason we didn't book GF was that we thought Poly would give us more of a relaxed vibe, but are we wrong? GF is gorgeous.

We haven't stayed at YC, but we love everything about the Poly! The Poly is an amazing resort with a beautiful, relaxing atmosphere. We just got back from a Poly stay in Oct and while the volcano pool was kind of busy, we had no trouble getting chairs. One thing I love about the pool is that it backs up to the beach with a view of the castle in the distance. The GF is also a beautiful resort, but the Poly will always be our favorite. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

We're renting DVC for 6 nights at the Poly. I have done pre-check in and we should be set to go. Because of our room view it sounds like we'll be in Moorea. I have a few questions.

1) I'd like to add towel service for 5 days and house keeping on day 3 or 4. How would I go about this?

2) We'll have a three year old with a stroller, I'm wondering what the easiest way to access the monorail to MK. It seems TTC is closer but will more time be eaten up by security checks there vs the resort monorail? Any estimate of the walk time from Moorea to TTC? We have EMM the first morning and I'm trying to figure out the logistics and what time we should leave.

3) There is a possibility my SIL will drive over to collect my GS for a few hours, will he have any issues driving up to the lanai to get him.

4) How long should I allow for RAC on the day we checkout? Is that a fairly quick process? We need to be at CG by 10:00.

5) Just in case it's warm enough to swim, is there a height restriction for the lava pool slide? And do they have puddle jumpers? Is the slide open during all pool hours?

6) Where are the bus stops? I don't recall seeing them when we've visited before.

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

BC was my absolute favorite resort until I stayed at Poly :D. However I still love BC and I'm always torn whether to stay at Poly or an EP resort so I feel your pain!

I actually like the Poly pool better that SAB. We are not huge pool people but we do like to swim a bit and I find the SAB pool to be a bit disjointed. There are so many parts to it I get overwhelmed lol. I find the Poly pools (both) to be much more relaxing and watching the MK fireworks from the lava pool can't be beat! I also never felt the quiet pool was overcrowded at all.
Hope you have a great trip and Happy Anniversary!!pixiedust:

We're renting DVC for 6 nights at the Poly. I have done pre-check in and we should be set to go. Because of our room view it sounds like we'll be in Moorea. I have a few questions.

1) I'd like to add towel service for 5 days and house keeping on day 3 or 4. How would I go about this?

2) We'll have a three year old with a stroller, I'm wondering what the easiest way to access the monorail to MK. It seems TTC is closer but will more time be eaten up by security checks there vs the resort monorail? Any estimate of the walk time from Moorea to TTC? We have EMM the first morning and I'm trying to figure out the logistics and what time we should leave.

3) There is a possibility my SIL will drive over to collect my GS for a few hours, will he have any issues driving up to the lanai to get him.

4) How long should I allow for RAC on the day we checkout? Is that a fairly quick process? We need to be at CG by 10:00.

5) Just in case it's warm enough to swim, is there a height restriction for the lava pool slide? And do they have puddle jumpers? Is the slide open during all pool hours?

6) Where are the bus stops? I don't recall seeing them when we've visited before.

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

If you are renting room with points, the housekeeping schedule is as follows on the DVC Rental Store website:

For stays of fewer than 8 days, as a guest of a DVC member, you’ll get a “trash and tidy” day on the 4th day of your stay. For stays of 8 days or more, members get a full cleaning on Day 4 and a “trash and tidy” day on Day 8. Additional housekeeping services are available for a fee.

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio – $30.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio – $15.00 for each day requested

Probably have to request at check in.

Not 100% sure on this but I have read that they do trash service every day for no charge.

Also, not sure if they replenish toiletries with towel service.

Last edited:
May be a weird question.....
Does any one know if high chairs are available for your room? With twins it's a whole lot easier to strap them down to eat

Does the Polynesian have a Fitness Center ?

Yep, it shares a fitness center with GF. It's located in a stand-alone building that's on the edge of the GF grounds in between Poly and GF (but closer to GF), but it's not 'that' far. Perhaps not all that convenient from Pago Pago on a rainy day, but it's OK. The same building also has the GF Senses spa. See the top left of the map below. It's a good warm-up walk when going to work out. :-)

Poly Map Nov 2017-Low Res.png

Yep, it shares a fitness center with GF. It's located in a stand-alone building that's on the edge of the GF grounds in between Poly and GF (but closer to GF), but it's not 'that' far. Perhaps not all that convenient from Pago Pago on a rainy day, but it's OK. The same building also has the GF Senses spa. See the top left of the map below. It's a good warm-up walk when going to work out. :-)

View attachment 374964
Thanks for the Great Map ! I am staying standard view DVC studio, is it possible to request a building ? Tokelau looks like the best long house for being close to the pool and ceremonial house ? Any other good choices for DVC studio room requests ?

Thanks for the Great Map ! I am staying standard view DVC studio, is it possible to request a building ? Tokelau looks like the best long house for being close to the pool and ceremonial house ? Any other good choices for DVC studio room requests ?

With the caveat that I have not personally stayed in the DVC longhouses (just walked by them a bunch), if I had a standard view villa booked I'd be requesting Tokelau for sure. But hopefully someone with real villa experience can answer as well.

Just for some information that may be helpful to anyone booking-

I have a reservation in March. I booked pool view and know the resort well. I called today to request Rarotonga for a view of the quiet pool. The gal on the phone was pretty knowledgeable, actually, and she let me know that the "pool view" longhouses are FIJI and SAMOA only. Rarotonga is not listed on their system as pool view, even though it overlooks the quiet pool.

Also, I was unable to change my reservation to a standard room in order to make my request, so I'm bummed! (standard is sold out for my dates)

I don't know if the thread manager/creator can put this on the first few pages under the room information, but it would help future folks with their bookings. Maybe it is clear to other people?? But I thought one side of Rarotonga would be considered Pool View.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!