Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I go about making room requests? Is it only by phone? We have a Studio booked for our trip in June. I booked it online, and the only request option I saw was for an accessible room. Is a phone call required for all other requests?
Yes you can call to add requests. Most people suggest making very general requests - like top floor, near transportation, etc. Did you book direct w/ Disney or rent DVC points. If renting points then you're supposed to have the member call and make requests. If through Disney you can call. (407) 939-4357

Cruising through the thread after returning home late last night - we were at the Polynesian 12/30 through yesterday. I didn't realize so many others from the thread were also there at the same time!

After a hellacious travel day (that ended up being TWO days thanks to flight delays and general awfulness), we blew off most of our plans for the trip and spent most of our time at the Oasis pool all week. Like, all of 12/30 was just a pool day start to finish with a break for Artist Point's new Snow White dinner (which was awesome, by the way)

New Year's Eve was spent in a nearly empty Trader Sam's followed by fireworks from the Volcano Pool deck.

Many drinks were had, much relaxing was done, and we wound up with a great room - 3801 in Rarotonga. Room was in good condition, didn't notice all of the issues people seem to have with maintenance or cleanliness.

Total turnaround from my other stay in October 2017 when I hated the club level room we ended up in. It was hard to leave yesterday!!

I'm a trip report writer, so I'll get started on one soon. Overall a wonderful trip, albeit VERRRY different from our usual ones.

Probably walked by you a few times! We didn’t go inside Trader Sam’s on NYE night but stopped outside on the Tiki Terrace to have a quick beverage at some point while we were trying to kill time until midnight. The outside was pretty darn quiet as well.

We did go inside Trader Sam’s last year for NYE and I seem to remember it being a walk-in. Always found that odd on such a big night, but I guess everyone would rather be our and about in the parks or at restaurants.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

What does anyone think about the poly patios at the oasis pool? I’ve seen them several times while we were there so I know they are not a regular cabana but thought it might be nice to have for getting out of direct sun. I was able to snag one for July 4th and a few other days for our trip but now im not sure. Is it just a spot to sit or is there anything else included?
The sun shade structures are awesome. Not as expensive as normal cabanas at other resorts but worth it. Just to have shade, and a designated space. It comes with a couch and a few chairs. You won't regret it!

Cruising through the thread after returning home late last night - we were at the Polynesian 12/30 through yesterday. I didn't realize so many others from the thread were also there at the same time!

After a hellacious travel day (that ended up being TWO days thanks to flight delays and general awfulness), we blew off most of our plans for the trip and spent most of our time at the Oasis pool all week. Like, all of 12/30 was just a pool day start to finish with a break for Artist Point's new Snow White dinner (which was awesome, by the way)

New Year's Eve was spent in a nearly empty Trader Sam's followed by fireworks from the Volcano Pool deck.

Many drinks were had, much relaxing was done, and we wound up with a great room - 3801 in Rarotonga. Room was in good condition, didn't notice all of the issues people seem to have with maintenance or cleanliness.

Total turnaround from my other stay in October 2017 when I hated the club level room we ended up in. It was hard to leave yesterday!!

I'm a trip report writer, so I'll get started on one soon. Overall a wonderful trip, albeit VERRRY different from our usual ones.
Oh I was there ! Loved that oasis pool ! We ate at CC's and Tambu Lounge. Such a fun trip and that weather? Just WOW!

Yes you can call to add requests. Most people suggest making very general requests - like top floor, near transportation, etc. Did you book direct w/ Disney or rent DVC points. If renting points then you're supposed to have the member call and make requests. If through Disney you can call. (407) 939-4357
I booked direct with Disney on the WDW website. My request is pretty simple(top floor not facing parking lot). Our trip is not until June. Is it better to make requests closer to the trip, or should I call now?

Can anyone tell me about Aloha after dark?? Is it worth planning around to try to catch it once? Not finding much about it other then it's listing in the activity guide. Thanks for any info =)

Pool Patio from our July trip. Current price for beginning of April on a Sunday is $76 rounded up. Cancellation policy is 24 hours.

Edited to add no discounts for them at this time.

View attachment 373881 View attachment 373882

OK, I'm sold now on these shade cabanas. I love being at the pool with my family, but can't stay in the direct sun for very long. So this would be ideal for our late July stay.

Does anyone know how far in advance these can be booked? Is it 180 days, like restaurants?
Thanks!

I booked direct with Disney on the WDW website. My request is pretty simple(top floor not facing parking lot). Our trip is not until June. Is it better to make requests closer to the trip, or should I call now?

It doesn’t matter when you make requests. I usually go ahead and do it early just so I don’t forget. Rooms are assigned 3-5ish days out, so as long as you have something in before that, you’re good. Have fun.

OK, I'm sold now on these shade cabanas. I love being at the pool with my family, but can't stay in the direct sun for very long. So this would be ideal for our late July stay.

Does anyone know how far in advance these can be booked? Is it 180 days, like restaurants?
Thanks!

I believe they are 180 days. Not totally sure, but pretty sure.

Has anyone attended the spirit of aloha luau lately? It’s not really our style of dining but my in laws really want to go during our June trip. Only seating available is the 8:15 pm show and with three kids and a toddler I’m worried that’s just too late after a busy WDW day. If you can tell me if the food and show are so worth it that would be great but the reviews I’m finding online aren’t great. Hmmm...

Has anyone attended the spirit of aloha luau lately? It’s not really our style of dining but my in laws really want to go during our June trip. Only seating available is the 8:15 pm show and with three kids and a toddler I’m worried that’s just too late after a busy WDW day. If you can tell me if the food and show are so worth it that would be great but the reviews I’m finding online aren’t great. Hmmm...
I just did the luau again in December. The menu varies from time-to-time and the starters were a bit different than the last time I went in July 2018. I enjoyed the food and show. I know it doesn't always get a lot of love, but I have been 4 times over the past 2 years and have never been disappointed. The food is not signature quality, but all you care to enjoy. Drinks are included, but not the strongest or best concoctions. I usually stop at Tambu prior and get asked where my pineapple is from as I walk to Luau Cove. The story may be a little corny, but between the dancing, fire, and recognizable songs from things like Lilo and Stitch I always have a good time. If your in-laws are really interested and you do not want 8:15pm, you can keep looking for earlier times. It may be pushing it and you may want to adjust the day/touring appropriately for three kids and a toddler.

Do your in-laws specifically want the luau, or a just a dinner show? Hoop-Dee-Doo tends to get a better review for food and show (I did both last trip and enjoyed everything). Hoop-Dee-Doo also has a 4:00pm seating.

I just did the luau again in December. The menu varies from time-to-time and the starters were a bit different than the last time I went in July 2018. I enjoyed the food and show. I know it doesn't always get a lot of love, but I have been 4 times over the past 2 years and have never been disappointed. The food is not signature quality, but all you care to enjoy. Drinks are included, but not the strongest or best concoctions. I usually stop at Tambu prior and get asked where my pineapple is from as I walk to Luau Cove. The story may be a little corny, but between the dancing, fire, and recognizable songs from things like Lilo and Stitch I always have a good time. If your in-laws are really interested and you do not want 8:15pm, you can keep looking for earlier times. It may be pushing it and you may want to adjust the day/touring appropriately for three kids and a toddler.

Do your in-laws specifically want the luau, or a just a dinner show? Hoop-Dee-Doo tends to get a better review for food and show (I did both last trip and enjoyed everything). Hoop-Dee-Doo also has a 4:00pm seating.
Thanks PolyRob! What was the menu on your most recent visit? If we decide to move forward I’ll have to use a reservation finder for the first seating.

In laws want the luau. They are excited to be staying at the Polynesian and want to enjoy everything that comes with it :)

Thanks PolyRob! What was the menu on your most recent visit? If we decide to move forward I’ll have to use a reservation finder for the first seating.

In laws want the luau. They are excited to be staying at the Polynesian and want to enjoy everything that comes with it :)
Starters: Pineapple, watermelon (new), wedge salad (new), cold noodles (modified with corn and edamame), Hawaiian sweet rolls
Dinner: Ribs, chicken, pulled pork, coconut rice (modified), vegetables
Dessert: Pineapple-coconut guava cake

I get it, it really is convenient when staying at Poly. You can always let the kids rest as one of you checks-in and gets leis (7:15pm for 8:15pm show). You can relax in your longhouse and head on over closer to 8. It was super convenient when I was in Aotearoa. Are you dining at 'Ohana by chance? I did the luau and 'Ohana back-to-back one trip and the food got repetitive. Not bad, just not as exciting.

Did one in October 2017 10-7 going home day and loved it.

However for this past week I felt the sun was too low and not enough shade .

Price is pretty good!
Oh I know someone who also has 7/4! You'll all have fun!
I have 7/4 too, I can't wait!

Starters: Pineapple, watermelon (new), wedge salad (new), cold noodles (modified with corn and edamame), Hawaiian sweet rolls
Dinner: Ribs, chicken, pulled pork, coconut rice (modified), vegetables
Dessert: Pineapple-coconut guava cake

I get it, it really is convenient when staying at Poly. You can always let the kids rest as one of you checks-in and gets leis (7:15pm for 8:15pm show). You can relax in your longhouse and head on over closer to 8. It was super convenient when I was in Aotearoa. Are you dining at 'Ohana by chance? I did the luau and 'Ohana back-to-back one trip and the food got repetitive. Not bad, just not as exciting.
Did you do ohana dinner or breakfast? That being said we have a breakfast and dinner planned at ohana as well. Maybe I'll cancel the dinner if the food is very similar.

You can do either. I usually wait until closer to the dates. Usually about a month or two before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!