Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our vacation ended already a week ago, but I wanted to share some impressions of a Poly first timer.

We first went to Disney World, followed by a one night stay at BWV and after this a few days in Miami before the grand final, a 14 night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse.

But this is just about Disney ;-)

We flew to MCO on Feb 11, a very smooth flight. We tried out Lufthansa Premium Economy Class for the first time. The upcharge is not that high, what you get is really worth it. Wider seats, two instead of one suitcase per person, generous seat pitch, a welcome drink, better entertainment system...something we will defenitely consider again for future vacations.

We have never been to the Poly before, I have to admit that I once was in the "Poly? NEVER!"-camp. But I wanted to get myself into it. We rented DVC points for three nights, also for the first time. Everything went smooth, we also added the Deluxe Dining Plan and had some outstanding meals at different signature restaurants.

We arrived at Poly around 8 pm as far as I remember. Check-In was smooth, we received our coloured magic bands (still no shipping for international guests...). I used Touringplans for faxing in our room request. Oh wonder, I requested 3914 and we were assigned 3904, so we could still see the castle in the distance and we had a very nice view in general. The wheather was PERFECT and we had a great time at the parks. We had all FP+ reservations we wanted so we could enjoy without too much standing in line.

Some things about the Poly. I LOVE IT! What I love the most is the transportation factor. From Tokelau the walk to TTC is only a few minutes, getting to Epcot is so easy. Getting to MK by boat or Monorail is very nice. Our studio was very clean and well maintained. Having this little studio kitchentte with paper plates and plastic cutlery is great. Having two showers is something we missed after checking out. The room size is very large. What we did not like was the lack of storage possibilities. You need to live out of the suitcase, and this is something I would not like for longer vacations.

We did not hear a single noise from our neighbours, but what we heard was the boat horn from time to time. It did not bug us, but it was a noise which was very present, even when not staying in Moorea Lake View (what I wanted to book at first because it was available, I was angry afterwards that I did not because the lake scenerey is so nice...).

What we did not like was the parking situation on the main parking lot. On our arrival evening there was no parking spot, there were so many non-resort guests who left after the fireworks. We only used the parking lot in front of Pago Pago then, which was just a few steps from Tokelau, that was perfect and there were so many empty parking rows everytime. But the main lot is too small for so many guests while the valet lot was rather empty.

The whole resort is very friendly and once you know which ways to go it is easy to get around.

I took some pictures of this pretty resort. We had very pretty wheather as you can see

Last edited:
We are headed back to the Polynesian this September. We are doing two garden view club level rooms and hoping they will be connecting. It will be myself, husband, kids (boy-8 and girl almost 2) and my mom.

stayed a night in a bungalow before heading over to the grand Floridian this past January/February. Here is a picture from the balcony of the water parade. It was fun. The plunge pool scared our one year old but our 7 year old thought it was awesome. Nice to have when you have a baby that goes to bed super early and an older child who wants to be at the pool in the evenings.

Attachments

• IMG_6536.JPG
    IMG_6536.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 41
We booked our first trip at the poly! we are so stoked, We decided to suck it up and move from POR to Poly because we just wanted to stay there. When I called to change the reservation the CM on the phone said he was going to look for a discount, he just had to put me on hold. I said ok knowing there are no discounts out yet for our dates (Aug. 13-23) Well to my surprise when he came back he had applied a discount that saved us $1700! it made the poly less than $800 more than POR. I have no idea where or what the discount is but I can not find it online.

Our vacation ended already a week ago, but I wanted to share some impressions of a Poly first timer.

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

We are headed back to the Polynesian this September. We are doing two garden view club level rooms and hoping they will be connecting. It will be myself, husband, kids (boy-8 and girl almost 2) and my mom.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We booked our first trip at the poly! we are so stoked, We decided to suck it up and move from POR to Poly because we just wanted to stay there. When I called to change the reservation the CM on the phone said he was going to look for a discount, he just had to put me on hold. I said ok knowing there are no discounts out yet for our dates (Aug. 13-23) Well to my surprise when he came back he had applied a discount that saved us $1700! it made the poly less than $800 more than POR. I have no idea where or what the discount is but I can not find it online.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay and the great discount! Have fun planning :goodvibes.

Quick question - I've searched a number of pages, but the volume is overwhelming!

I am doing a split stay in June/July 2017 - Poly/Beach. The Poly portion of our trip is in a deluxe studio. I booked this through Disney directly. Will I receive daily mousekeeping, or will nobody be in our room ever, as it is a 3 night stay?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Quick question - I've searched a number of pages, but the volume is overwhelming!

I am doing a split stay in June/July 2017 - Poly/Beach. The Poly portion of our trip is in a deluxe studio. I booked this through Disney directly. Will I receive daily mousekeeping, or will nobody be in our room ever, as it is a 3 night stay?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Yes, if you booked via a cash reservation through Disney, you'll get daily Mousekeeping.

I'm joining my boyfriend at the end of a business trip in Orlando, and decided to book two nights at the Poly! June 15-17! It'll be our first time staying here and I am so excited!! I'll actually have most of the 15th to myself and can't decide if I should have a pool and resort day or head to Disney Springs or a park. I know there's certainly enough to enjoy at the resort!!
Staying at the Poly has been a long awaited dream. I hope my boyfriend loves it too! We'll only have one park day, but it'll be at the MK and Epcot, so the Poly really will be super convenient.
Already booked an Ohana dinner and Kona breakfast to take full advantage of the resort's dining amenities.

Where do you check in for the Oasis Pool cabanas? We rented one but it's not clear where to check in to get it.

Where do you check in for the Oasis Pool cabanas? We rented one but it's not clear where to check in to get it.

When the cabanas were located around the volcano pool you checked in at the Marina office where the boats are rented and the rec staff congregates--not sure if it is the same now or not.

When the cabanas were located around the volcano pool you checked in at the Marina office where the boats are rented and the rec staff congregates--not sure if it is the same now or not.

Where is the marina office? I can't find it on the WDW site map of the poly.

I'm not sure whether this is still how you check in or not, but the marina rental place is "O" on this map. Note this map is dated as it's the one they were using when the Oasis Pool was being renovated. Ironically enough this is the map they sent for the room ready text last month! :confused3

Poly Map.jpg

I'm not sure whether this is still how you check in or not, but the marina rental place is "O" on this map. Note this map is dated as it's the one they were using when the Oasis Pool was being renovated. Ironically enough this is the map they sent for the room ready text last month! :confused3

Great minds @GADisneyDad14--I was just going to post the very map and point out "O".

I'm joining my boyfriend at the end of a business trip in Orlando, and decided to book two nights at the Poly! June 15-17! It'll be our first time staying here and I am so excited!! I'll actually have most of the 15th to myself and can't decide if I should have a pool and resort day or head to Disney Springs or a park. I know there's certainly enough to enjoy at the resort!!
Staying at the Poly has been a long awaited dream. I hope my boyfriend loves it too! We'll only have one park day, but it'll be at the MK and Epcot, so the Poly really will be super convenient.
Already booked an Ohana dinner and Kona breakfast to take full advantage of the resort's dining amenities.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

This is probably a really silly question, but does the Polynesian sell any Moana (movie, not the store) related merchandise?

This is probably a really silly question, but does the Polynesian sell any Moana (movie, not the store) related merchandise?

As of mid-Feb, yes, there was some there. It wasn't that much nor overly compelling for my/our tastes, but it was enough for DS (who is into Moana) to bug me every time we walked by! :lmao:

We are staying at the Polynesian in August, we reserved a standard room. Is that room far from the lobby and monorail. I ask this because we initially had the contemporary garden wing reserved and found out that it was far from the main building and monorail, is it similar for a standard room at the Polynesian?

Thanks for any info.

We are staying at the Polynesian in August, we reserved a standard room. Is that room far from the lobby and monorail. I ask this because we initially had the contemporary garden wing reserved and found out that it was far from the main building and monorail, is it similar for a standard room at the Polynesian?

Thanks for any info.
There are a few longhouses that are very close to GCH (Grand Ceremonial House AKA "lobby") and the monorail. I would just put in a request saying you want to be close to those things. We were in Raratonga one year and it was super convenient to GCH, we really liked that aspect of it. Tikiman has a page that will show you which longhouses have standard view rooms. You can look and see their locations and decide which one might be best for you. :) We also really liked Samoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter