Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had to choose between going to the Poly (renting DVC points) the last week of April or the first week of September, which would you choose?

We've only ever been during labor day week, and I know if we wait construction will be done, but sooner always sounds better 🙂

If we're talking this year, I'd vote September as the resort should be much more fully open by then.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's is open now? I have a relative staying at the Contemporary Resort for the next few days and would like to go there taking a boat from Magic Kingdom. Thanks.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's is open now? I have a relative staying at the Contemporary Resort for the next few days and would like to go there taking a boat from Magic Kingdom. Thanks.

Yep, it’s open. Current hours are 7am-10pm.

If you had to choose between going to the Poly (renting DVC points) the last week of April or the first week of September, which would you choose?

We've only ever been during labor day week, and I know if we wait construction will be done, but sooner always sounds better 🙂
We’ll be there in March, cuz I suck at waiting even though I know I should wait for the construction... can’t help it, I want a Lapu Lapu!

So what exactly do they still need to do besides the monorail? Is the lobby being completely re-done?

I am curious if the lobby itself will be open in early July

Are all the pools and restaurants that are open now, still scheduled to be open this summer?

I would assume by early July, a majority of the major work will be complete. I just would like to actually walk in the lobby at that point lol

Thanks

So what exactly do they still need to do besides the monorail? Is the lobby being completely re-done?

I am curious if the lobby itself will be open in early July

Are all the pools and restaurants that are open now, still scheduled to be open this summer?

I would assume by early July, a majority of the major work will be complete. I just would like to actually walk in the lobby at that point lol

Thanks

The inside lobby was part of the 2014-2015 renovations, so barring something unannounced it doesn’t seem to me to be a very high likelihood the inside will ever be closed or have any substantial work.I HAVE suspected that they may work on Kona and Ohana at some point (those two were basically untouched in the last renovation), but that’s just me speculating and has no basis in fact or rumor.

The pools and Captain Cooks were all a part of the 2014-2015 renovations, I don’t think you’ll see anything there, unless Disney cooks up something unannounced (doesn’t seem likely).

So unless there is more that they haven’t announced, this round of renovations seems to just be the entrance/monorail station overhaul and resort-side room renovations.

Is the kiddie pool with the splash stuff heated? Like the water that dumps on the kids, is that heated? It’s a weird question but I feel like many of the splash pads water isn’t heated like the pools

They don’t have the full menu right now. You can go onto the DIsney app and pretend you’re making a mobile order to see menu.

Hi all, I apologize if answers to these questions are elsewhere. We are slated for Poly Villas April 2-8 for spring break. I know the monorail is down right now and we could walk over to TTC for that but is everything else basically open? Primarily - will the main volcano pool be open?
We were there in late October for a few days right before monorail shut down and we loved it and want to go back to Poly but if the main pool is also down then we would probably look elsewhere!

and anyone think there’s any chance monorail
Would be reopened by then? I assume not. Thanks!

Hi all, I apologize if answers to these questions are elsewhere. We are slated for Poly Villas April 2-8 for spring break. I know the monorail is down right now and we could walk over to TTC for that but is everything else basically open? Primarily - will the main volcano pool be open?
We were there in late October for a few days right before monorail shut down and we loved it and want to go back to Poly but if the main pool is also down then we would probably look elsewhere!

Pool is open. I assume monorail will still be closed.

You can walk over to TTC and catch the monorail.

Any hopes of the Poly station closure being a short one have been dashed now that we see the actual work going on, which is effectively a dismantling of most of the entire platform structure. They are still in the taking a part phase now, and ultimately have to rebuild. I’m going to go with summer just going from my untrained construction eye. They also can only work around the beams at night, so it’s perhaps not the fastest project you’ve ever seen.

Enjoy your trip!

Is the kiddie pool with the splash stuff heated? Like the water that dumps on the kids, is that heated? It’s a weird question but I feel like many of the splash pads water isn’t heated like the pools

I feel like I should know this given how much time my kids spend there, but I’m not totally sure.

I do “think” it’s heated, but can’t sit here and say that with 100% certainty. Although I’ve always thought the splash pad water is a little colder too - not sure how effective heating is with such shallow water and water splashing around that’s so exposed to the air?? (I’m not a pool expert so probably have no idea what I’m talking about)

I feel like I should know this given how much time my kids spend there, but I’m not totally sure.

I do “think” it’s heated, but can’t sit here and say that with 100% certainty. Although I’ve always thought the splash pad water is a little colder too - not sure how effective heating is with such shallow water and water splashing around that’s so exposed to the air?? (I’m not a pool expert so probably have no idea what I’m talking about)

In my experience, and backed up by my kids not touching the splash pads in colder months, I don’t think Disney heats the splash pads.

In my experience, and backed up by my kids not touching the splash pads in colder months, I don’t think Disney heats the splash pads.
The water was colder in the splash pad, but I have a distinct memory of a November trip when my youngest was one years old, steering him over to a spot in splash pad where there was a vent where the warmer water was coming in. Of course, once they get to be toddler age they just run around like crazy and don’t stay still in one spot so that doesn’t work any more. But it does make me think it is heated but just no effective heating: probably because the water is always getting sprayed about through the colder air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter