Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that bad at all. Last year when we stayed it was fine all week both times (June and October). Also we were there for dinner 2 weeks ago and there was plenty of parking. Based on my experiences the last 3 trips, I think they've done a really good job of restricting parking at both the Poly and Wilderness Lodge to those who are guests or have dining reservations. Just be sure to mention you are there for dining and they will check your magic band.

Thanks for the update. We are staying at the Poly but I just want to make sure that there will be spots when we get back from DHS or AK.

Hi guys! Should I book the Polynesain Concierge or the Grand Floridian main building concierge? Ive stayed at the Grands and loved it but never the Polynesian. But I Love the atmosphere at the poly and want to try it. Will I be disappointed?

Hi guys! Should I book the Polynesain Concierge or the Grand Floridian main building concierge? Ive stayed at the Grands and loved it but never the Polynesian. But I Love the atmosphere at the poly and want to try it. Will I be disappointed?

I’ve only done Poly Club, so I can’t compare, but we really love it. Maybe try the club thread, they have lots of people who have been to both to compare for you. :)

I’ve done both and can provide some input. Although I’m probably a bit of a Poly CL homer, full disclosure.

They are quite different experiences.

If you don’t mind me asking, (and assuming you’re not solo) what’s the makeup of your group age wise?

I printed out the June activity guide but when I go back in now it is back to May. I will say it was a little fuzzy looking so they may just be reloading it

I tried doing a thread search, but all the posts I found were over a year old. What is the best time range to leave the resort for Epcot rope drop? Since we're going in early August, we're really trying to take advantage of the cooler temps in the morning, plus we need to RD FEA since we opted not to use our Tier 1 FP for it. I'm assuming walking to the TTC would be the quickest option, how crazy is security over there in the AM? Would an hour before park opening be a safe amount of time on a Tuesday morning to get from our room over to Epcot?

I have stayed CL Poly multiple times and never thought to ask the following: Why doesn't the second floor have a balcony? Is the room slightly bigger? Or some other reason? Seems like an obvious question/answer but I had no response when my DW asked me. Thank you all!

Why doesn't the second floor have a balcony? Is the room slightly bigger?
No room is the same size. There is just no balcony. The Polynesian and the Contemporary North / South garden wings were built during the same period in the early 70s. The architecture of the 3 story building just did not include the extra structural support to have balconies on the second floor.

When additional longhouse were built at the Polynesian, they updated the design to allow balconies / patios on all 3 floors. These buildings were later converted into the DVC units.

Dave

We just returned home from a seven night stay and had a wonderful time. I booked two rooms using my pass AP discount, one for myself and one for my daughter and her family. We drove as we live here in Florida and they flew. When we received our bills, we were both charged for parking. It was easily resolved when I went to the front desk and they removed the fee. My question, why would they automatically add it? I would think their would be a gate access code that would be hooked to your room to record the parking fee.

I tried doing a thread search, but all the posts I found were over a year old. What is the best time range to leave the resort for Epcot rope drop? Since we're going in early August, we're really trying to take advantage of the cooler temps in the morning, plus we need to RD FEA since we opted not to use our Tier 1 FP for it. I'm assuming walking to the TTC would be the quickest option, how crazy is security over there in the AM? Would an hour before park opening be a safe amount of time on a Tuesday morning to get from our room over to Epcot?

TTC security is going to be better the earlier you get there as a rule. We didn’t find it to be all that odious, but remember you’re going to have to do security twice, so leave yourself extra time. We have zero interest in FEA but 1 hour was plenty when we rope dropped Soarin.

Just bear in mind that FEA at rope drop is going to complicate the rest of your touring. Monorail guests are at a disadvantage for it vs. IG guests because you’ll have to cut clear across the park to get to Norway, and then backtrack to do Future World when you’re done. FEA wait times build very quickly in the AM too. Personally I would ride FEA at the end of the night or try to get it as a 4th FP, which is more doable than you might think. If you really have your heart set on it at rope drop I would take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to the BC and walk over to the IG.

I’ve done both and can provide some input. Although I’m probably a bit of a Poly CL homer, full disclosure.

They are quite different experiences.

If you don’t mind me asking, (and assuming you’re not solo) what’s the makeup of your group age wise?
We are 4 adults, ranging 30-70

We are arriving this coming Sunday!

We have two rooms and are going to be hopeful that they will be connecting (never a guarantee I know). We arrive early in the morning, so hoping by just getting there early there is something the front desk can do to make it happen. I need to start setting my expectations low on that one though.

Update: we checked in and got adjoining rooms (side by side, not connecting)! Second best option and very happy with the CMs that assisted.

TTC security is going to be better the earlier you get there as a rule. We didn’t find it to be all that odious, but remember you’re going to have to do security twice, so leave yourself extra time. We have zero interest in FEA but 1 hour was plenty when we rope dropped Soarin.

Just bear in mind that FEA at rope drop is going to complicate the rest of your touring. Monorail guests are at a disadvantage for it vs. IG guests because you’ll have to cut clear across the park to get to Norway, and then backtrack to do Future World when you’re done. FEA wait times build very quickly in the AM too. Personally I would ride FEA at the end of the night or try to get it as a 4th FP, which is more doable than you might think. If you really have your heart set on it at rope drop I would take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to the BC and walk over to the IG.
Thanks for your reply! I always tell DH to be ready 15 minutes before I really think we should leave just to be safe, so we’ll try to leave the room around 7:45-8:00.

We’ve rope dropped FEA a couple times, just coming from different resorts in the morning, and actually have found that most people are rushing off to future world rides first thing. We usually ride 2 times before the line builds to a 20-30 minute wait, but that’s right at rope drop. We always do Soarin’ as a 4th FP, but i’ve snagged all the tier 1’s as additional FP before, so if something happens and we get delayed in the morning, I’ll probably be refreshing MDE and eating a dole whip during our afternoon pool break that day ;)

We just returned last night from our first stay at the Poly. We were at Port Orleans Riverside May 30, then on the Dream May 31-June 3, and checked into the Poly June 3-8. We booked a pool/marina view room. We ended up in Samoa on the first floor facing the main pool. At first I was a bit bummed to be on the first floor, but once we got to our room we LOVED it. Samoa is a great location, and being on the first floor and so close to the pool was an added bonus. We are a family of five and this room was a great size for us. We had lots of visitors on our patio...birds, ducks, squirrels and rabbits...they must be used to people feeding them because they came REALLY close to us. A duck even walked INTO our room! We never fed them, but they obviously expected us to do so!

I did a small order from Amazon Now for some water, quick breakfast foods, and snacks. Poly never notified me when it arrived (not sure if they are supposed to) but I did get a notice from Amazon when it was delivered. After about 30 min I called down to the lobby (I don't recall if I called the lobby or bell services), gave them my name and just had them deliver it for a $6 fee (I think). We could have picked it up ourselves for free.

We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at Captain Cooks a few times. Spent two mornings and an afternoon at the pool. Did the Luau (which was MUCH better than we expected based on the terrible reviews I read ahead of time). Did Ohana breakfast, which was a bit of a let down to be honest.

Transportation was great. We used everything...buses, boat, monorail, walk to TTC. Never had any problems or long waits. After our Luau we were going to MK for EMH, along with everyone else it seems. The line for the monorail was all the way back to Ohana. It was raining so that didn't help the line either. We ended up walking in the rain to the TTC to catch the express monorail. We did an AK after hours party, late EMH at MK and early EMH at MK...never had any transportation issues.

We've stayed at many disney resorts and this is definitely one of our top 3! Any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip :wizard:.

We are arriving this coming Sunday!

We have two rooms and are going to be hopeful that they will be connecting (never a guarantee I know). We arrive early in the morning, so hoping by just getting there early there is something the front desk can do to make it happen. I need to start setting my expectations low on that one though.

Hope you're having a good time :).

We check in to a CL TPV one week from today (moving from the BWI)! I'm getting excited but also trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of a second floor room without a balcony. My fingers are crossed we get our third floor request. I haven't stayed at the Poly in 2 years, we're all excited to go back.

What a great split, best of both worlds! Hope you have a great return trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Will be curious to see if they still have this on your stay next week. On my last 1 or 2 Poly CL trips, they didn’t offer them (in fairness, I also didn’t inquire either).

Hope you have a good trip!

Our last stay was August 2017, so it is quite possible that they are saving a little money and stopped doing this. I'll have to try to remember to ask when we check in, if for no other reason than to let them know that we noticed they dropped something that used to be a nice touch!

They were still giving out the bucket/shovel this past Oct. We didn't even ask as the CM automatically gave one to my niece as soon as we checked in ;).

DH and I just booked our first DVC trip at the Poly! We have been dying to stay here since we got engaged in 2016 so we are SUPER pumped. Still about 7 months out... but now is when the fun planning starts!

How exciting! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

The Poly has always been my favorite resort (I also love the GF) and I tried CL for the first time in Oct and it was amazing! Since you've stayed GF CL, I think I'd give Poly CL a try :).

My family and I will be back at Poly in 3 days and I’m nearly bouncing out of myself in anticipation.

Have a great trip! :dance3:

Update: we checked in and got adjoining rooms (side by side, not connecting)! Second best option and very happy with the CMs that assisted.

Glad you at least got rooms near each other! Have a great time :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!