Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on our packing list: does the beach area have community sand toys for kids to play with? I don’t remember seeing them last summer, but noticed the BC/YC had a basket of toys out at their beach when we stayed there.

Not unless added since January. I also haven’t seen it mentioned. Although both are hardly definitive answers, sorry. :-)

CR had a basket of sand toys out in March and I thought that it was a nice touch.

We just returned last night from our first stay at the Poly. We were at Port Orleans Riverside May 30, then on the Dream May 31-June 3, and checked into the Poly June 3-8. We booked a pool/marina view room. We ended up in Samoa on the first floor facing the main pool. At first I was a bit bummed to be on the first floor, but once we got to our room we LOVED it. Samoa is a great location, and being on the first floor and so close to the pool was an added bonus. We are a family of five and this room was a great size for us. We had lots of visitors on our patio...birds, ducks, squirrels and rabbits...they must be used to people feeding them because they came REALLY close to us. A duck even walked INTO our room! We never fed them, but they obviously expected us to do so!

I did a small order from Amazon Now for some water, quick breakfast foods, and snacks. Poly never notified me when it arrived (not sure if they are supposed to) but I did get a notice from Amazon when it was delivered. After about 30 min I called down to the lobby (I don't recall if I called the lobby or bell services), gave them my name and just had them deliver it for a $6 fee (I think). We could have picked it up ourselves for free.

We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at Captain Cooks a few times. Spent two mornings and an afternoon at the pool. Did the Luau (which was MUCH better than we expected based on the terrible reviews I read ahead of time). Did Ohana breakfast, which was a bit of a let down to be honest.

Transportation was great. We used everything...buses, boat, monorail, walk to TTC. Never had any problems or long waits. After our Luau we were going to MK for EMH, along with everyone else it seems. The line for the monorail was all the way back to Ohana. It was raining so that didn't help the line either. We ended up walking in the rain to the TTC to catch the express monorail. We did an AK after hours party, late EMH at MK and early EMH at MK...never had any transportation issues.

We've stayed at many disney resorts and this is definitely one of our top 3! Any questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

My DH runs to the GF (we stay at Poly), works out and then runs back. He says the equipment is not flimsy. He just thinks the place is small compared to other gyms at Disney. Plus there is no shower there. He can try and get some pics in July.
That would be great.

Ive been up real early and run laps around the TTC parking lot but thats not ideal. Ive ran along the path, then I've run on the grass over (under the monorial from the TTC) to the Contemporary and ran up World Drive to Floridian Way which takes you back to GF/Poly. Its not the best either but usually World Dr has a small "shoulder" which give as a little room but it does take some hopping on and off the road for traffic. My other worry is Tron construction over that way.

This link is the route (for reference):

https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/2545819312
I don't think early mornings will be much of an issue but it's those days when Im going to try and cram in a mid day or afternoon run that I may want to opt for something inside.

Working on our packing list: does the beach area have community sand toys for kids to play with? I don’t remember seeing them last summer, but noticed the BC/YC had a basket of toys out at their beach when we stayed there.

No there aren't any community sand toys - there weren't any there last month when we were there.

We are arriving this coming Sunday!

We have two rooms and are going to be hopeful that they will be connecting (never a guarantee I know). We arrive early in the morning, so hoping by just getting there early there is something the front desk can do to make it happen. I need to start setting my expectations low on that one though.

That would be great.

Ive been up real early and run laps around the TTC parking lot but thats not ideal. Ive ran along the path, then I've run on the grass over (under the monorial from the TTC) to the Contemporary and ran up World Drive to Floridian Way which takes you back to GF/Poly. Its not the best either but usually World Dr has a small "shoulder" which give as a little room but it does take some hopping on and off the road for traffic. My other worry is Tron construction over that way.

I don't think early mornings will be much of an issue but it's those days when Im going to try and cram in a mid day or afternoon run that I may want to opt for something inside.

Wow, you are far more adventurous than me. I just tough it out going back and forth from the TTC to the GF until absolute boredom sets in and I can’t take it anymore. 🏃‍♂️

That would be great.

DH said the treadmills are nice and he will take some pics for you. I shared your map with him too. Poly is not his favorite place to run. He much prefers the Boardwalk.

We are arriving this coming Sunday!

We have two rooms and are going to be hopeful that they will be connecting (never a guarantee I know). We arrive early in the morning, so hoping by just getting there early there is something the front desk can do to make it happen. I need to start setting my expectations low on that one though.

Your trip is close!

When you check in, I’d recommend being very clear with them that you are willing to wait for a room no matter when it is available if that will help them accommodate your request (assuming you are OK to wait).

Enjoy your trip!

Your trip is close!

When you check in, I’d recommend being very clear with them that you are willing to wait for a room no matter when it is available if that will help them accommodate your request (assuming you are OK to wait).

Enjoy your trip!
Sounds good! Thanks for the tip!

No there aren't any community sand toys - there weren't any there last month when we were there.
Thanks for sharing! We have collapsible buckets, but figured we’d leave them home if there were some toys already at the beach. I’ll put them on my packing list!

If you stay CL they used to give all of the kids a green pail with a yellow shovel, the same ones that you see everywhere at SAB at the YC/BC. If you forget to bring your own toys you could try asking at the front desk if they also have those pails for kids, since I know they do carry them at the resort in general. They also (of course) sell a nemo themed bucket and shovel (unless it has changed) at the gift shop, as well as a few other sand toys.

We check in to a CL TPV one week from today (moving from the BWI)! I'm getting excited but also trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of a second floor room without a balcony. My fingers are crossed we get our third floor request. I haven't stayed at the Poly in 2 years, we're all excited to go back.

We check in to a CL TPV one week from today (moving from the BWI)! I'm getting excited but also trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of a second floor room without a balcony. My fingers are crossed we get our third floor request. I haven't stayed at the Poly in 2 years, we're all excited to go back.

Yes, I also debate, would I rather have second floor no balcony or 1st floor patio? Not sure. But I agree about the mental preparation.

If you stay CL they used to give all of the kids a green pail with a yellow shovel, the same ones that you see everywhere at SAB at the YC/BC.

Will be curious to see if they still have this on your stay next week. On my last 1 or 2 Poly CL trips, they didn’t offer them (in fairness, I also didn’t inquire either).

Hope you have a good trip!

Yes, I also debate, would I rather have second floor no balcony or 1st floor patio? Not sure. But I agree about the mental preparation.
In general I would probably prefer a first floor patio over second floor, even though now you see more bungalo than lagoon >:( . But I paid for a TPV, which was a decent amt more per night, so I don't want to give that up unless they lowered the price and I probably wouldn't ask for that. I knew this was the gamble back when I chose to book the Poly portion of my split stay as the TPV and the GF part as standard view, since I love the TPV from the Poly more and the GF has SVs that look at the lagoon just no castle and fireworks. But now that we are getting closer I'm kind of regretting not booking Poly CL GV and GF RPC TPV. At the GF you know what you get with TPV, and GV at the Poly you have 2/3 chance of patio or balcony. Oh well, it's too late now so I shouldn't second guess. Either way we are at the Poly and GF, so it's all good! I'm just bad about letting little things bother me, I need to let go more :-)

Will be curious to see if they still have this on your stay next week. On my last 1 or 2 Poly CL trips, they didn’t offer them (in fairness, I also didn’t inquire either).

Hope you have a good trip!
Our last stay was August 2017, so it is quite possible that they are saving a little money and stopped doing this. I'll have to try to remember to ask when we check in, if for no other reason than to let them know that we noticed they dropped something that used to be a nice touch!

As a related aside, when they drop all of these little things new people don't notice, but it bothers those of us that can compare to what it used to be. Unfortunately the price goes up and the extras go down. I see that a lot on here from people that stayed CL long ago, before we ever would have, and wish I could have tried it back in the day. I'm thinking check in gifts at CL (I think some still do this, but I know some don't), free resort postcards, resort specific anything (mugs, stationary, napkins, swizzle sticks...),etc. I'm sure I could think of more if I tried, but I've definitely noticed the trend slowly over the years of dropping small, special touches and I presume either thinking/hoping no one notices, or just not caring because it doesn't change enough people's actions and there are more to take their place anyway.

Our last stay was August 2017, so it is quite possible that they are saving a little money and stopped doing this. I'll have to try to remember to ask when we check in, if for no other reason than to let them know that we noticed they dropped something that used to be a nice touch!

As a related aside, when they drop all of these little things new people don't notice, but it bothers those of us that can compare to what it used to be. Unfortunately the price goes up and the extras go down. I see that a lot on here from people that stayed CL long ago, before we ever would have, and wish I could have tried it back in the day. I'm thinking check in gifts at CL (I think some still do this, but I know some don't), free resort postcards, resort specific anything (mugs, stationary, napkins, swizzle sticks...),etc. I'm sure I could think of more if I tried, but I've definitely noticed the trend slowly over the years of dropping small, special touches and I presume either thinking/hoping no one notices, or just not caring because it doesn't change enough people's actions and there are more to take their place anyway.

We stayed Polynesian Concierge n/k/a Club Level from 1994 to 2010, every single year. For all of the reasons you enumerated, along with the retirement/departure/separation of many beloved CMs those stays ended. We have been back to visit our beloved Polynesian, but not stayed since 2010. I have fond memories but during the final stay in 2010, we realized the magic was gone for us with regard to CL at Polynesian. It made us sad, but wow have we saved a lot on vacations thereafter. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter