Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @GADisneyDad14 about Rarotonga. I got a great view in Aotearoa when I requested Rarotonga once because Aotearoa had a standard view room ready, but I missed the location of Rarotonga. It really can't be beat. To add-on, its location is also great if its raining because you can make it pretty much anywhere without getting soaked :thumbsup2
Good point about the rain! Do you know if some of the pool-facing rooms in Rarotonga are standard due to some trees/foliage blocking part of the pool view?

Good point about the rain! Do you know if some of the pool-facing rooms in Rarotonga are standard due to some trees/foliage blocking part of the pool view?
I can confirm that I was in a "standard view" room on the first floor facing the pool side. You could not see any part of the pool from my room. I would imagine the higher floors may be categorized as water view.

We stayed in Rarotonga this past fall in a monorail facing room and it’s not loud at all. (Believe me, I’m a New Yorker, I know from loud trains.) We actually got excited every time we saw one and would call out the color, lol. The nicest thing about Rarotonga imo is you’re so close to everything. We were towards the end of the building going away from the GCH and going out the back entrance put us practically on top of the bus stop and right on the TTC path. The other end of the building you’re basically right at the GCH. You’re also close to both pools. It’s a great building.

We stayed Rarotonga in August facing the monorail and loved it! I had stayed in that building before but 3rd floor facing the pool. I always said I wanted a
balcony/lanai when I stay there but....I think I would rather be sure to be in that building and deal with the 2nd floor then be elsewhere. My son and I sat outside on our arrival/split stay day only because he and I were swimming and it rained and the pool closed and we were dropping. Otherwise we never went out...went out when the kids were smaller and they were sleeping though.

I too am interested in this. I'm a little concerned about being able to find chairs and relax around the pool in August. The pools here seem small. I'm used to the huge SAB at YC and the option of the quiet pools. We always were able to find chairs there. Also, is it correct that there are no shaded chairs at Poly?

August is crazy! We did a split stay and our first 5 nights were at the BC. My dh had never stayed there and claimed he did not like it. When we moved and he looked at the small pool (he only has stayed at the Poly and WL once) he said he missed The BC and SAB. On our mid day break, I was able to find at least one chair to put all our stuff and lock my bag to the chair. I had a harder time finding a chair at SAB. There are umbrellas scattered around some of the chairs if my memory serves me correctly. But we just swam.

I will say the QS food options are much better at the Poly. Coconut meatballs and pulled pork nachos minus the cheese and pineapple salsa...mmmmmm

I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it with the search features. I tried online check in for a Poly studio villa and it only had one choice for both selections. All I could select was upper floor. Is that normal? Are there no other options because it's a villa?

I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it with the search features. I tried online check in for a Poly studio villa and it only had one choice for both selections. All I could select was upper floor. Is that normal? Are there no other options because it's a villa?

Yes, it's normal for the room request section of online check in to be pretty useless. It's still best to call the Main Reservation line and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Yes, it's normal for the room request section of online check in to be pretty useless. It's still best to call the Main Reservation line and add any requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.
Great, thank you!

Do all standard rooms have a day bed? I can't tell from the description, which says "2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed"...not sure if the rooms have EITHER 2 queen beds OR 1 king and 1 day bed.

Thank you!

We hit the teens in the countdown today! 19 days until we’re home again. :cloud9:

I also wanted to mention there will be fireworks, loud music and announcements in the MK parking lot the first Saturday and Sunday of April starting around 5 am for the Star Wars races. Depending on the wind direction, it can be LOUD! Particularly in Pago Pago.

:hourglass

GF, CR, and now YC/BC have legit “cabanas” with canopies, sides that can be closed for a bit of privacy, refrigerators with drinks, fruit plates, etc. GF cabanas come with sunscreen, lotions, etc .

Maybe it is listed somewhere in the prior 825 pages of this thread, but can't seem to find the pricing for the real 'cabanas'. On the official Disney site you can search room pricing but not cabanas, so have to assume they are pricey. The online Disney chat says to call the Disney reservation # for pricing. Beside the 1/2 & full day options, there are apparently 2 different types you can rent. Anyone have experience with these?

Maybe it is listed somewhere in the prior 825 pages of this thread, but can't seem to find the pricing for the real 'cabanas'. On the official Disney site you can search room pricing but not cabanas, so have to assume they are pricey. The online Disney chat says to call the Disney reservation # for pricing. Beside the 1/2 & full day options, there are apparently 2 different types you can rent. Anyone have experience with these?

There are no real cabanas at Poly like the ones they have at GF, CR and now SAB. At Poly they only have Pool Patios and they go for about $75 for the full day and I don't remember the 1/2 day price. Pricing tends to be seasonal also.

Like Dansdad said, the Poly only has Oasis pool Patios, and they are $74.55 for all day (10 am- 7 pm). They only have a covered shelter with a ceiling fan and padded couch, chairs, and lounger. Nothing else except poolside attendants that serve the entire Oasis Pool, they are not specific to the Patios.

The Grand Floridian has full amenity cabanas, they are $211.94 ($180.15 with an AP discount) for a half day (either 10-2 or 3-7). The cabanas have canvas sides you can open or close, non alcoholic drinks, a fruit plate, a safe, ceiling fan, TV, outlets, sunscreen, and a dedicated attendant. The GF also had patios, and they are $159.75 for 10-7. I don’t really know what the Patios have that make them double the price of the Poly ones, they are new and I’ve never had one or seen one yet.The patios don’t have AP discounts like the cabanas do.

I didn’t price the Poly Patios for half day, the GF cabana for a full day, or the GF patio for a half day. I also found out that you can rent a GF cabana even if you are staying at a different WDW resort hotel, which was something I had never realized, I believe that applies for the Poly Patios as well. These prices are all for mid June of this year.

Headed down in 2 weeks!!! We’re beyond excited, we’ve had a lot going on the last six months and are in desperate need of a vacation!

Question regarding the studio villas: I know we don’t get mousekeeping until day 4, but will we be able to get additional toiletries, coffee or plates is needed before then? This is our first DVC stay so we’ve got some new things to learn! (And I may have asked this before but honestly can’t remember if I have! :o)

Headed down in 2 weeks!!! We’re beyond excited, we’ve had a lot going on the last six months and are in desperate need of a vacation!

Question regarding the studio villas: I know we don’t get mousekeeping until day 4, but will we be able to get additional toiletries, coffee or plates is needed before then? This is our first DVC stay so we’ve got some new things to learn! (And I may have asked this before but honestly can’t remember if I have! :o)
Have a great trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter