Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get through to the Disney Reservation line and put in my room requests.
Apparently my reservation is old enough that the CM had to go through extra steps to see some of the details.
(We booked a year ago.)

I know they can't guarantee anything, but I hope being away from Smoking Areas for health reasons (recent airway surgery) isn't too hard to accommodate.
I listed that as my #1 request, and let the CM know that any of the other requests aren't nearly as high a priority.

We depart at stupid'o'clock two weeks from tomorrow.
I'm excited.

I cannot even contain my excitement! After multiple trips over the years today we are officially owners of Poly DVC. party:

Now I can start planning our next trip home! :banana:

Congrats on the DVC purchase! Have fun planning your trip home :wizard:.

Managed to get through to the Disney Reservation line and put in my room requests.
Apparently my reservation is old enough that the CM had to go through extra steps to see some of the details.
(We booked a year ago.)

I know they can't guarantee anything, but I hope being away from Smoking Areas for health reasons (recent airway surgery) isn't too hard to accommodate.
I listed that as my #1 request, and let the CM know that any of the other requests aren't nearly as high a priority.

We depart at stupid'o'clock two weeks from tomorrow.
I'm excited.

Hope your requests are met! Have a great time :goodvibes.

I asked in another thread but...I am staying at the Wyndham Grand Bonnett Creek tomorrow night. Then we head to Poly to begin our Stay at Dis. We have a 9:25 ADR at Ohana the next morning. Am I going to hit a ton of traffic driving to the Poly? Will I be ok if I leave The Wyndham BC at 8:30? Thanks.

We are going for our first Disney trip as a complete family this January! :cheer2: kids will be 7, 4, and just turned one year old twins, so we will have 2 pack n plays jammed into our room, along with a double stroller! We are wanting to try the twilight feast, but I'm wondering if it will even fit in the room at that point?? It's such a big spread! Will we all need to hover over the counter to eat?:rotfl2:

I asked in another thread but...I am staying at the Wyndham Grand Bonnett Creek tomorrow night. Then we head to Poly to begin our Stay at Dis. We have a 9:25 ADR at Ohana the next morning. Am I going to hit a ton of traffic driving to the Poly? Will I be ok if I leave The Wyndham BC at 8:30? Thanks.

Granted I have not done that drive at that hour, but I can’t imagine traffic would be a major concern. I doubt you need to build in much extra time, if any, except for the usual stuff like getting your bags, unloading your bags, finding a parking spot, etc.

The new MK flyover is great for the monorail resorts - you whiz right by the toll plaza.

There can oftentimes be a multi car line to get in Poly where cars get stopped at the guard shack. That can take a few mins, sometimes more if you happen to catch a flood of vehicles arriving at the same time.

Have fun!

GADisneyDad answered your question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We are going for our first Disney trip as a complete family this January! :cheer2: kids will be 7, 4, and just turned one year old twins, so we will have 2 pack n plays jammed into our room, along with a double stroller! We are wanting to try the twilight feast, but I'm wondering if it will even fit in the room at that point?? It's such a big spread! Will we all need to hover over the counter to eat?:rotfl2:

How exciting! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly. Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

We just got the feast (need to post pictures) and I would highly suggest getting a first floor room so you can eat outside! It was wonderful but it does take up a lot of space!

Granted I have not done that drive at that hour, but I can’t imagine traffic would be a major concern. I doubt you need to build in much extra time, if any, except for the usual stuff like getting your bags, unloading your bags, finding a parking spot, etc.

The new MK flyover is great for the monorail resorts - you whiz right by the toll plaza.

There can oftentimes be a multi car line to get in Poly where cars get stopped at the guard shack. That can take a few mins, sometimes more if you happen to catch a flood of vehicles arriving at the same time.

Have fun!

Thanks! I didn’t know about the MK flyover and completely forgot I won’t be heading into Transportation Center like everyone else.

Well, we are leaving tomorrow to begin our drive to Disney! We will get there on Sunday! Unfortunately, all 3 of us have colds and I’m having trouble mustering up the willpower to pack. Ha. Hopefully the warm weather will help us feel better quickly. It’s pretty chilly where we live.

Thanks for asking this :) We just booked a stay at Polynesian and I feel like I'm getting a crash course on the resort! I just looked up the Twilight Feast and it sounds like a fantastic idea, especially for a trip with small kids (our baby will be 7 months at the time of the trip). It sounds like you're going to have a very full house! The main floor suggestion is a good one, but even if you have to fold up the pack and plays to make space, I bet you'll fit the food.

Thanks for asking this :) We just booked a stay at Polynesian and I feel like I'm getting a crash course on the resort! I just looked up the Twilight Feast and it sounds like a fantastic idea, especially for a trip with small kids (our baby will be 7 months at the time of the trip). It sounds like you're going to have a very full house! The main floor suggestion is a good one, but even if you have to fold up the pack and plays to make space, I bet you'll fit the food.

I figure eating in the room will be so much fun for the kids (and cheaper too)! We will probablybhavp to fold up the pnps every day, honestly. So much stuff! We are light Packers, so that helps; but we will still have their car seats for the plane, and the big stroller, groceries.....etc. I am going back and forth on 1st vs 3rd floor. I want the extra space either way, but the thought of one of them walking away on the first floor makes me want the balcony with a fence so I can sit and relax more instead of chasing babies!

I figure eating in the room will be so much fun for the kids (and cheaper too)! We will probablybhavp to fold up the pnps every day, honestly. So much stuff! We are light Packers, so that helps; but we will still have their car seats for the plane, and the big stroller, groceries.....etc. I am going back and forth on 1st vs 3rd floor. I want the extra space either way, but the thought of one of them walking away on the first floor makes me want the balcony with a fence so I can sit and relax more instead of chasing babies!

that does sound like a lot of stuff! i bet you’ll find lots of creative storage solutions though. maybe the 3rd floor balcony would be good for storage too?

we’re still deciding whether we’ll bring a car seat. we’re flying internationally so we’ll use magical express and then just disney buses to get around. we’ve done disney trips before, but this is our first trip with a baby and it feels like such a learning curve!

that does sound like a lot of stuff! i bet you’ll find lots of creative storage solutions though. maybe the 3rd floor balcony would be good for storage too?

we’re still deciding whether we’ll bring a car seat. we’re flying internationally so we’ll use magical express and then just disney buses to get around. we’ve done disney trips before, but this is our first trip with a baby and it feels like such a learning curve!

Bring the car seat! Makes plane travel on long haul trips so much easier!

Bring the car seat! Makes plane travel on long haul trips so much easier!
This. I've never actually flown with kids before, and my situation is a bit different with 4, but having a place I know they can be contained and is familiar to them is worth it in my opinion! We'd move faster through the airport, and it gives my arms a break on the plane and the ability to take a drink or eat a snack!

Well, we are leaving tomorrow to begin our drive to Disney! We will get there on Sunday! Unfortunately, all 3 of us have colds and I’m having trouble mustering up the willpower to pack. Ha. Hopefully the warm weather will help us feel better quickly. It’s pretty chilly where we live.

Sorry about the colds, hope everyone feels better soon! Safe travels today, hope you have a great time at the Poly :goodvibes.

All the rumors of the Skyliner construction in the International Gateway area possibly closing the IG and interrupting boat and pedestrian traffic to Epcot and the studios got me spooked, so.... Just switched from Boardwalk Deluxe Club Level to Poly Garden View Club Level for December 16-20. Even if they leave the IG open to foot traffic, I have a feeling that there might be a lot of unsightly construction equipment related to them stringing the skyliner cables. We decided that we'd rather take this time to have our first Poly experience. The Poly is the only deluxe we haven't stayed at yet and we are really excited to finally add it to the list.

We just got the feast (need to post pictures) and I would highly suggest getting a first floor room so you can eat outside! It was wonderful but it does take up a lot of space!
Do the upper floors have balconies at Poly?

My daughter and her husband checked in today for their Disney-moon. She said the monorail isn’t running to the MK. What’s going on?

Hello, I read on the Dis under Magic Kingdom Refurbishments that the monorail is under refurbishment? I'm not sure when this was supposed to begin or how long this will last, but I'm sure someone on this board has better insight than I do. It says this:

• "Monorail -The monorail is under refurbishment until further notice and may have modified service or routes depending on park hours. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available."
Is your daughter still at Poly? Has she mentioned if it has been down all week? Would be curious to know..

Hello, I read on the Dis under Magic Kingdom Refurbishments that the monorail is under refurbishment? I'm not sure when this was supposed to begin or how long this will last, but I'm sure someone on this board has better insight than I do. It says this:

• "Monorail -The monorail is under refurbishment until further notice and may have modified service or routes depending on park hours. You should check on the day of travel the best option to use. Alternative transportation options may be available."
Is your daughter still at Poly? Has she mentioned if it has been down all week? Would be curious to know..

For some reason which must make sense to them, Disney has kept the monorail on the "refurbishment" schedule for what seems like forever now, so it still shows up on that DIS page. There was a time several years ago where "modified service" was more common / a daily occurrence (when they were installing some sort of automation upgrade), but that hasn't been the case for awhile now. In my opinion it is likely it was closed for mechanical reasons (which aren't all that common but definitely do happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!