Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody at the Poly right now or arriving soon? I'm wondering what you estimate the width of the entryway in the regular rooms to be. Last time we took our daughter and stayed at the Poly, we'd planned for the PnP to be in the bathroom but the movement sensing fans foiled that plan. We all do better for her falling asleep when there's a little visual separation, so I was thinking of bringing a tension rod and curtain we can put up at bedtime and stash the PnP in the entryway there until she's asleep and move her into the main part of the room. I know a PnP will fit, but I'm not sure how wide it is and how big of a tension rod I should pack (48 inches?).

Thanks. Do they put in coconut rum? I like the coconut/pineapple flavor mix.

It was OK. Just had one on Thursday. I think I was expecting more. Can’t recall what was in it...found my menu picture-Pineapple dole whip blended with captain Morgan Private Stock Rum $11.

Anybody at the Poly right now or arriving soon? I'm wondering what you estimate the width of the entryway in the regular rooms to be. Last time we took our daughter and stayed at the Poly, we'd planned for the PnP to be in the bathroom but the movement sensing fans foiled that plan. We all do better for her falling asleep when there's a little visual separation, so I was thinking of bringing a tension rod and curtain we can put up at bedtime and stash the PnP in the entryway there until she's asleep and move her into the main part of the room. I know a PnP will fit, but I'm not sure how wide it is and how big of a tension rod I should pack (48 inches?).

I can’t recall the width, we just left yesterday but I so wish I had a tension rod to make one more dressing spot!

I am thinking it was no more then 4 feet.

We are staying poly dvc for the first time and have decided to do resort week and no parks.

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

1. Rent a cabana at the Oasis Pool, enjoy the food and drink at the pool bar.

2. Get a handmade lei in the lobby.

3. Take a fireworks cruise.

4. Tour the monorail resorts, shop, and dine in their restaurants.

5. Check out Trader Sam’s.

The Hawaiian music and lush tropical plants will help you relax no matter what you plan to do. Enjoy paradise.

Great suggestions ::yes::

Also Hulu lessons, the torch lighting ceremony, campfire, and movie on the green.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We’ve planned a resort day for the first time on our next visit - our first stay at the Poly. Now I’m thinking resort day on arrival day too. I just know I’ll miss out on so much at the Poly!!!

We love our resort days! We actually spend more time at the resort than we do the parks. I think a resort day on arrival is a great idea. As others have posted, there's a lot to do/enjoy and I think the Poly is a great place to spend some resort time :cloud9:.

Three more sleeps :flower1: Getting so excited, and my stress dreams have started :rolleyes1

How exciting!! Hope you have a great time :yay: :yay:.

We are checking in TODAY! Hooray!

Hope you're having a great time! :jumping1:

We booked our first ever stay at The Poly for April next year!!!!! We are so excited, we are planning mostly resort days so that we can really enjoy our time there.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Enjoy the rest of your planning :).

We had the same problem three years ago at Contemporary's quiet pool. Families were tossing the life jackets and hitting other swimmers by mistake. There were people eating burgers in the pool dropping pieces of it without any regard to anyone else.

:sad2:

This time tomorrow I will be settling into the Poly for the very first time! I can’t wait!

Have a great time! :cool1: :cool1:

My turn to complain about the pool free loaders.

We spent 5 days at the BC (next time will only be 3 if any because I felt like I got short changed and missed the Poly). Pool was great there as everyone needed a magic band to get in!

Get to Poly, gate near captain cooks was broken so it wasn’t locking/latching and anyone could open it. Yesterday (Saturday) we were waiting to go back in the pool after the “rain delay” and my dh heard a kid telling his dad “we might as well just go back and swim at our resort”. Believe me when the pool reopened, I was looking for the dad with the white baseball cap and black brim to report him.

And we were sitting at hr table nearest the captain cooks gate. My dh said he watched countless people try to open the gate with no such luck and then when they saw someone coming they quickly went back to the gate to be let in. Thankfully the pool was not super crowded the time we were there except Tuesday evening before the fireworks.
Sounds like they really need to institute a wrist band policy like BC. (At least last Nov they had wristbands on most, but not all, the days I was there. They seemed to do it on the busier days.) I’d drop a note to Guest Relations email on what you saw and how if affected your enjoyment of the pool you paid extra for.

That’s terrible! Who wants to get stuck waiting at the airport when you could instead relax at your resort?

I think I might cancel DME and take a cab later instead.
Gotta say I understand where DME is coming from here. I’ve seen multi-hour delays turn into “we leave in 45 mins from the gate on the other side of the airport” when the airline decides it isn’t feasible to use the aircraft they were planning so they sub a different one in that is available much sooner.

Only 8 more days until I am at the beautiful Polynesian!!! Planning three lovely resort days and 5 park days with some rest time built into them. Can't wait to watch EWP and HEA from the beach with a Lapu Lapu!

T-minus 4 days until we leave!! Getting so so excited, by also terrified as I'm working on my masters and I have a huge final for the day before we go. Its this weird combo of "I can't wait" and "oh no, I need more time". It'll be a double relief of finishing a super hard class and finally getting to go on our dream vacation!!

Sounds like they really need to institute a wrist band policy like BC. (At least last Nov they had wristbands on most, but not all, the days I was there. They seemed to do it on the busier days.) I’d drop a note to Guest Relations email on what you saw and how if affected your enjoyment of the pool you paid extra for.

I am waiting to see if I get an email about my stay. But I do plan on emailing as well as sending an elementary school “friend” (we were friends back then and now just FB friends) a message as well since he works the parks felt pretty high up.

Is it so hard to have a person standing at 5 gates (or is it 4?). How many gates are at the BC that are monitored? We went in 3 but I know there are more.
I am also going to complain about the resort loop. Last Monday when we left MK, the express had at least 3 monorails coming before we saw 1 on the resort line. Then people cut their way thru when we were waiting so we couldn’t board. Well I got on with one kid and I got off since there were 3 more of my family not on.

I wish at MK closing for the first 30 min only those staying at one of the monorail hotels could board the resort loop or that it doesn’t stop at the TTC. Paying big bucks to be close and you can’t even get on!

I am waiting to see if I get an email about my stay. But I do plan on emailing as well as sending an elementary school “friend” (we were friends back then and now just FB friends) a message as well since he works the parks felt pretty high up.

Is it so hard to have a person standing at 5 gates (or is it 4?). How many gates are at the BC that are monitored? We went in 3 but I know there are more.
I am also going to complain about the resort loop. Last Monday when we left MK, the express had at least 3 monorails coming before we saw 1 on the resort line. Then people cut their way thru when we were waiting so we couldn’t board. Well I got on with one kid and I got off since there were 3 more of my family not on.

I wish at MK closing for the first 30 min only those staying at one of the monorail hotels could board the resort loop or that it doesn’t stop at the TTC. Paying big bucks to be close and you can’t even get on!
They just had a couple guards monitoring on the BC entry side, idk about other points, don't remember seeing any near the burger shop entry point, they got you for that one when you went to get a towel. In that aspect I think the wrist band system was great because while they often got people near the gates, it wasn't absolutely necessary and there were no issues with people arguing "you already scanned my band" when they were poolside.

They just had a couple guards monitoring on the BC entry side, idk about other points, don't remember seeing any near the burger shop entry point, they got you for that one when you went to get a towel. In that aspect I think the wrist band system was great because while they often got people near the gates, it wasn't absolutely necessary and there were no issues with people arguing "you already scanned my band" when they were poolside.

The first day we walked in on the path side closest to Epcot and there was someone there. We walked in at hurricane Hanna’s often and each time there was someone there as well as the spot by Beaches and Cream. We didn’t use any other gates in the YC side.

We all had to be scanned. Even if my kids were next to me, their bands had to get scanned. When we were at the Poly 5 years ago, on the Saturday’s they came around and did wrist bands. They kicked one family out complete with a cooler :-)bitelip:). They came around and asked us-maybe our name since it was pre magic band and I said my kids were in the pool so they just gave us the bands for them.

16 days for me... and now I'm debating canceling our Saana reservation on arrival day (we should be there by noon) and getting a Cabana rental and having a chill pool day.

I also put in a request for a "balcony room" but i'm wondering if i should say balcony or patio. I'd just like a space for me and my husband to hang out and talk at night when the kids go to sleep.

16 days for me... and now I'm debating canceling our Saana reservation on arrival day (we should be there by noon) and getting a Cabana rental and having a chill pool day.

I also put in a request for a "balcony room" but i'm wondering if i should say balcony or patio. I'd just like a space for me and my husband to hang out and talk at night when the kids go to sleep.
We enjoyed our patio. We were able to see the majority of the fireworks right from there on the nights we went home early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter