Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked and we're staying at the Poly for the first time! We're just doing standard rooms but I was thinking of requesting Fiji since it looks like some of the standard rooms still have some nice views. Will that be terribly inconvenient? It seems like most people prefer other longhouses.
I had Tuvalu last year. No it wasn't as convenient as my usual Hawaii building but I enjoyed being on that side for a change, it was quicker to gf which I often walk to and the views on that quiet beach and near the marina are lovely!

Am I a weirdo for wanting/requesting ground floor? The patios look so inviting, right on to the grass and into the action. Is there something I’m not considering by not requesting balcony?
Actually ds20 just asked me if we are getting one again this year. His last stay we had a lv cl room and the view was amazing! We also enjoyed the great views of a patio without any rails in the way.

This trip I'm gv cl and hope for a patio on that pool side !

I've had all 3 floors at poly. No we didn't love the 2nd floor but that year we did a lot of water parks and were barely in the room.

I always thought I'd prefer 3 to 1 until I got one. Both are great in their own way.

Last edited:
We just booked and we're staying at the Poly for the first time! We're just doing standard rooms but I was thinking of requesting Fiji since it looks like some of the standard rooms still have some nice views. Will that be terribly inconvenient? It seems like most people prefer other longhouses.

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! We've never stayed in Fiji, but it seems a lot of people like it for the room views/location. With that said, I don't think the Poly is all that spread out so while some long houses are more convenient to certain areas than others, none of them are far away. Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Am I a weirdo for wanting/requesting ground floor? The patios look so inviting, right on to the grass and into the action. Is there something I’m not considering by not requesting balcony?

Wanting a patio vs a balcony is just personal preference and not weird at all. I don't like being on the ground floor so I always request an upper floor, but I do see the convenience of a patio and why people like them :).

I'm requesting ground floor because I have a torn meniscus and I need to avoid stairs. I've looked at lots of photos of rooms with patios, and they look lovely.

So, no. You are not a weirdo.

Oh no! Happy healing! A friend of mine tore hers and went out west and hiked the national parks. She said she just slowed down her family a bit but the still had a great time.

My 17 yo just tore her ACL the end of March, surgery the end of April and can start running in just over 3 weeks. I told her she can’t do summit plummit!

Oh no! Happy healing! A friend of mine tore hers and went out west and hiked the national parks. She said she just slowed down her family a bit but the still had a great time.

My 17 yo just tore her ACL the end of March, surgery the end of April and can start running in just over 3 weeks. I told her she can’t do summit plummit!
Unfortunately i have arthritis, so my only solution is total knee replacement. I certainly wasn't going to do anything that major a few months before our trip. Now just 3 weeks away, I'm looking at renting a wheelchair so that when I really need to sit, I have a place to plop down. The goal is to mostly push the chair myself and only use it when necessary.

My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon in august and I'm getting so pumped!! Just wondering what you guys think of our standard room request, I've never stayed at the poly so I'm not dead set on any one long house. In order our request goes
1. No monorail/parking lot view
2. Patio or balcony
3. King bed
Do you guys think this is something they can accommodate or are we being too picky?

I had Tuvalu last year. No it wasn't as convenient as my usual Hawaii building but I enjoyed being on that side for a change, it was quicker to gf which I often walk to and the views on that quiet beach and near the marina are lovely!

Great! We plan to walk over to GF as well and I didn't really even think about that convenience.

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! We've never stayed in Fiji, but it seems a lot of people like it for the room views/location. With that said, I don't think the Poly is all that spread out so while some long houses are more convenient to certain areas than others, none of them are far away. Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Thank you so much, and this is great feedback! I've never been on the property before so I have no concept of how spread out things actually are, but I've read a lot of comments from frustrated people saying they have to walk around the marina. That's not a big deal to me, but I didn't know if it was actually THAT long a walk. I appreciate the insight!

My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon in august and I'm getting so pumped!! Just wondering what you guys think of our standard room request, I've never stayed at the poly so I'm not dead set on any one long house. In order our request goes
2. Patio or balcony
3. King bed
Do you guys think this is something they can accommodate or are we being too picky?
I personally don't think you're being too picky because that sounds exactly what I would want. However I would try to pick the one thing that is most important to you and just tell them that. The odds of getting all 3 are slim to none unless you are very lucky. I requested a king bed last time I stayed at CR. I explained to them in a fax it was the most important thing above a high floor and we didn't need adjoining or close rooms at all because I was going with my adult DD. We got adjoining rooms on the 8th floor with 2 queen beds. So I got none of my requests. I think if you give them too many options you may not get the most important one for you. That is just my opinion I am sure you will hear from others who got exactly what they wanted by using the fax system from touring plans which is what I used.

I would only request a balcony if we had lakeview. We love ground floor. At BCV, I was able to sneak out the patio door in the morning to get coffee and not wake anyone up. Only trouble I had was trying to remember which room was ours on the way back.

I personally don't think you're being too picky because that sounds exactly what I would want. However I would try to pick the one thing that is most important to you and just tell them that. The odds of getting all 3 are slim to none unless you are very lucky. I requested a king bed last time I stayed at CR. I explained to them in a fax it was the most important thing above a high floor and we didn't need adjoining or close rooms at all because I was going with my adult DD. We got adjoining rooms on the 8th floor with 2 queen beds. So I got none of my requests. I think if you give them too many options you may not get the most important one for you. That is just my opinion I am sure you will hear from others who got exactly what they wanted by using the fax system from touring plans which is what I used.
Thank you so much! I put in our request on the phone with Disney, and she specifically confirmed it was written in that order eight he numbering to indicate priority here's hoping for the best! But honestly I'm just happy to be going at all :)

Unfortunately i have arthritis, so my only solution is total knee replacement. I certainly wasn't going to do anything that major a few months before our trip. Now just 3 weeks away, I'm looking at renting a wheelchair so that when I really need to sit, I have a place to plop down. The goal is to mostly push the chair myself and only use it when necessary.

Good luck with that! Make sure you are as strong as you can be before surgery. My dtr had the doctor that works on the Uconn players so if you are in or around CT, Dr. Joyce is the one to go to! The physical therapists are excellent too!

Seeing that Tambu Lounge will close (for reno) starting August 5th... can anyone else confirm? I think it was originally slated to close shortly after July 4th so I’m happy that it may be open for our visit!
I had only heard July start date. Anyone else seeing August as a start date for refurbishment?

2. Patio or balcony
3. King bed

Congrats on your upcoming honeymoon. The Poly is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Requests are never guaranteed, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you. With that said, if you get assigned a room that doesn't meet any of your requests, you can always ask if there is something else available. It's not guaranteed they can change your room, but it never hurts to ask. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Thank you so much, and this is great feedback! I've never been on the property before so I have no concept of how spread out things actually are, but I've read a lot of comments from frustrated people saying they have to walk around the marina. That's not a big deal to me, but I didn't know if it was actually THAT long a walk. I appreciate the insight!

You're welcome! We have had great stays at all of the resorts we've tried, but the Poly is our favorite for many reasons. Hope you have a great trip :).

Can I request Samoa if I’m only booked as standard view? I’m assuming all long houses have some standard views rooms but could be wrong.

We booked a standard a view room and requested a pool view in Samoa via the touringplans fax facility. We got Samoa and had a pool view of the alternative pool behind in the DVC area. So I guess it all depends on availability, we weren't sure if we would get Samoa given its popularity but we were super stoked when we did! So its possible, not sure what the variables are though! Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter